mitharatowen wrote:
Haha backpacking in Europe??? Does no one here watch Friends? :lol:

I'd forgotten about that :lol:

y es como un semestre"

Aspiewifey
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Mar 2010, 5:36 am

He doesn't just sound like a slimeball to me; he sounds dangerous.

I've done fundraising, research and volunteer work for organizations that fight human trafficking, so I admit, I perhaps tend a little toward paranoia on this particular subject, but he sounds an awful lot like the men who feature in a lot of stories I've heard where women end up kidnapped and shipped off to their new "owners."

I'm so glad you were careful, and didn't go to meet him alone.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2010, 6:02 am

It's good I pay attention to these details. What I enjoy doing is when people wish to change their story, I go "I thought you said...." "I thought it was (insert number here) years" just to hear their explanation. Hey they could have a horrible memory and not remember how old they were when something happened or what year they moved or how many years ago something happened so they were just guessing. Some people hate it when I do this and I don't know why. If they are honest people they sure wouldn't mind so I figure they must be lying then or else they wouldn't get pissed. But my ex got pissed when I do these things but he wasn't even a liar but I noticed some story change and then he denied he ever said it. So he could have been a liar, who knows. Everyone else said he is. My friends and parents.

EDIT: After reading the rest of this thread, the guy sounds manipulative.