Bestiality 11%  11%  [ 10 ]
Other (specify 7%  7%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 87

aspi-rant
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 12:12 pm

Quote:
The text, written in Coptic and probably translated from a 2nd century Greek text, contains a dialogue in which Jesus refers to "my wife," whom he identifies as Mary.

read more at: http://phys.org/news/2012-09-harvard-je ... nized.html

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 2:17 pm

After thousands of years of Christians even denying themselves the pleasure of masturbation, I find it funny to have found something which demonstrates that Jesus wasn't asexual after all.

rosemund
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Sep 2012, 2:41 pm

I can't believe I didn't find this thread before. This is one of my special interests, so...

@Panda Yes, as a Hebrew man it would have been expected that Jesus be married, and have a family. If you did not do this by the time you were in your early twenties, you could be condemned (turned on basically/cold shoulder, but not stoned). Also, it very well might have been counterproductive for Jesus to be married, because there is evidence that suggests his true mission was not to be The Christ(os), but instead a military leader.

Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist. At that time, to be baptized by someone was to become their follower. This is not supposition. That was the accepted form of acknowledging them as your teacher, and that you were their follower. John's followers believed that he was The Christ, and he continually questioned Jesus about this in the NT. Jesus does not come out and say he is The Christ, which only leads to further unrest in John. Eventually, Salome wants John's head on a platter, because she is granted a wish at the infamous dinner party, and that's what her mother tells her to ask for. Jesus had already become well established in John's fold, and a certain partisan aspect had sprung up. John is thrown into prison, and Jesus never rescues him. For that matter, Herod was only too happy to imprison John and have him killed, because he continually addresses his issue with being "fearful" of John, something he Never says about Jesus. So, with John dead, Jesus can take over. There is also speculation that John's head was a source of actual power, but that's for a discussion about the Knight's Templar if you want to get into it that deeply.

The feast of the loaves and fishes...only men partook of that, and well outside the city, so it is acknowledged by scholars that the purpose might have been to discuss a military coup against the Romans.

It is never clearly stated that Jesus kissed Mary Magdalene on the lips. Some of the text is missing, and that has been the leading supposition on what was once written in that section. He does kiss Judas. Some gnostics believed he did spend the night with the young man, but for reasons including preference. Magdalene could have been the same Mary that annointed his feet with oil, because of a turn of phrase at his death, where it is mentioned the names of the women with whom he always traveled. Annointing with oil was The way a queen bestowed her favor on a chosen male to become her consort (not king). So Jesus is a consort, but doesn't have true power--until John dies. It is supposed that the evening spent with the young man might have been for bisexual interest, but...

I'll throw my own wrench into it. What if it was to complete the cycle followed by pagans? The dying youth/maiden/mother/crone idea, and what if the youth was actually his son by Magdalene, for the sake of the Christian concepts?

Now, this all assumes he was an actual person to begin with, but there are only two historical references to him that were anywhere close to his point of life/death. One is from a man that liked to make up things to sound important, so...(I don't give Josephus much credit). Funny that Pilot supposedly determined if Jesus should die on the cross, after asking the Jews, when so many other women were claiming to be Kings of the Jews at the time, it wouldn't have made sense with the way the Roman judicial system worked at the time, and the meticulous records of the Romans never mention anything about Jesus living or dying.

enrico_dandolo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 3:45 pm

rosemund wrote:
I can't believe I didn't find this thread before. This is one of my special interests, so...

Actually, that is because it is a thread from 2010, resurrected yesterday by ArrantPariah.

rosemund
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Sep 2012, 3:52 pm

enrico_dandolo wrote:
rosemund wrote:

Actually, that is because it is a thread from 2010, resurrected yesterday by ArrantPariah.

So it was. I hadn't looked at the original date of the thread. Is it good or bad that it was resurrected? *also wonders if the pun was intentional or not*

enrico_dandolo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 3:59 pm

Normally, it is rather bad form to bring threads back from the dead. Better to start a new one. This way, one does not need to read 7 pages from the start, whereas one can join a new thread as it begins.

(Yes, the pun was intended -- or rather, noticed, since I always use this expression.)

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 5:27 pm

Quote:

This is not a pun - merely a figurative use of "resurrected".

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 5:29 pm

Ressurected like Jesus oh hallelujah! Praise Jesus!! :lol: :lol:

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

enrico_dandolo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 5:34 pm

"This Thread is the Messiah! Praise the Thread!
-- It's not the Messiah, it's a very naughty thread!"

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 6:47 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mcnJdm4SzM[/youtube]

Tensu
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 11:20 pm

rosemund wrote:

@Panda Yes, as a Hebrew man it would have been expected that Jesus be married, and have a family. If you did not do this by the time you were in your early twenties, you could be condemned (turned on basically/cold shoulder, but not stoned). Also, it very well might have been counterproductive for Jesus to be married, because there is evidence that suggests his true mission was not to be The Christ(os), but instead a military leader.

Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist. At that time, to be baptized by someone was to become their follower. This is not supposition. That was the accepted form of acknowledging them as your teacher, and that you were their follower. John's followers believed that he was The Christ, and he continually questioned Jesus about this in the NT. Jesus does not come out and say he is The Christ, which only leads to further unrest in John. Eventually, Salome wants John's head on a platter, because she is granted a wish at the infamous dinner party, and that's what her mother tells her to ask for. Jesus had already become well established in John's fold, and a certain partisan aspect had sprung up. John is thrown into prison, and Jesus never rescues him. For that matter, Herod was only too happy to imprison John and have him killed, because he continually addresses his issue with being "fearful" of John, something he Never says about Jesus. So, with John dead, Jesus can take over. There is also speculation that John's head was a source of actual power, but that's for a discussion about the Knight's Templar if you want to get into it that deeply.

The feast of the loaves and fishes...only men partook of that, and well outside the city, so it is acknowledged by scholars that the purpose might have been to discuss a military coup against the Romans.

It is never clearly stated that Jesus kissed Mary Magdalene on the lips. Some of the text is missing, and that has been the leading supposition on what was once written in that section. He does kiss Judas. Some gnostics believed he did spend the night with the young man, but for reasons including preference. Magdalene could have been the same Mary that annointed his feet with oil, because of a turn of phrase at his death, where it is mentioned the names of the women with whom he always traveled. Annointing with oil was The way a queen bestowed her favor on a chosen male to become her consort (not king). So Jesus is a consort, but doesn't have true power--until John dies. It is supposed that the evening spent with the young man might have been for bisexual interest, but...

I'll throw my own wrench into it. What if it was to complete the cycle followed by pagans? The dying youth/maiden/mother/crone idea, and what if the youth was actually his son by Magdalene, for the sake of the Christian concepts?

Now, this all assumes he was an actual person to begin with, but there are only two historical references to him that were anywhere close to his point of life/death. One is from a man that liked to make up things to sound important, so...(I don't give Josephus much credit). Funny that Pilot supposedly determined if Jesus should die on the cross, after asking the Jews, when so many other women were claiming to be Kings of the Jews at the time, it wouldn't have made sense with the way the Roman judicial system worked at the time, and the meticulous records of the Romans never mention anything about Jesus living or dying.

First off, while Herod certainly didn't mind imprisoning John, he didn't want to execute him. This is why Salome had to ask.

Second, There were women in children present at the feeding of the loaves and fishes, it only numbers the men, but it says women and children were there.

Third, the "secret gospel of Mark" is an obvious forgery. Last I heard, it was only mentioned in a letter of dubious origin supposed to have been written many years after the events. It is based on the fact that at one Point in Mark a chapter begins with mentioning that they went to Jericho, and then in the next line they're leaving the city, so the hoaxer say an oppurtunity to say that this is why Jerihco was mentioned at all. But the problem with this is that the chapter inquestion describes events that happened as they were leaving Jerihco! Before events leaving Jerihco can be described, it must first be established that they were at Jerihco in the first place.

Fourth, kissing was a common greeting at the time. There was nothing romantically suggestive about it.

Fifth, Just because a lot of people claiming to be the messiah tried violent revolt against Rome doesn't mean this was Jesus's plan. And Pilate didn't crucify these guys because the legions took care of them.

And finally, where did you hear about a woman claiming to be queen of the jews? And what do you mean other women? do you have your genders confused?

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 11:27 pm

Kissing is still a common greeting in some parts of the world.

Tensu
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 11:28 pm

indeed it is.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 7:52 am

Nah. If Jesus went around kissing people, then Baptists would be going around kissing people, instead of condemning people for being gay.

Tensu
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 9:30 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
Nah. If Jesus went around kissing people, then Baptists would be going around kissing people, instead of condemning people for being gay.

You might be surprised. Early Christians kissed each other all the time. Paul says in many of his epistles to "greet one another with an holy kiss".

TrainofLove
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Sep 2012, 3:41 am

There is no such person of this Jesus you speak of.