How do you let someone know you're interested?

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2010, 2:39 pm

Or, how about 'how to show interest without scaring the person right the *&^% off...?'

KittenWithAWhip
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2010, 3:10 pm

Seanmw wrote:
step 1: write anonymous note explaining feelings
step 2: tie to brick
step 3: chuck brick through window of whichever room she happens to be occupying
step 4: run like hell

of course i'm joking :idea:

Hey, whaddya mean joking? That method has worked like a charm on me several times. :lol:

No seriously, Goat, if she asked you what you were doing for the weekend and said she had no plans, that's a window of opportunity. Take it! You should ask her to do something with you. It doesn't mean she'll say yes, but a no isn't the end of the world either. It's embarrassing (believe me, been there done that) but a couple of cool people can move past that pretty well.

Truth is, there's no hard and fast rule that someone likes you. Not even a tongue down the throat is a sure-fire sign these days. :roll:

Good luck!

HopeGrows
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In exactly the right place at exactly the right time.

12 Mar 2010, 3:16 pm

KittenWithAWhip wrote:
Truth is, there's no hard and fast rule that someone likes you. Not even a tongue down the throat is a sure-fire sign these days. :roll:

Good luck!

Sister, you ain't just whistlin' Dixie. :wink:

KittenWithAWhip
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2010, 5:34 pm

*smile*

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2010, 7:17 pm

Seanmw wrote:
step 3: chuck brick through window of whichever room she happens to be occupying

:lol: I had a strange dream last night about cold feet. I should try giving up meat more often.

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2010, 3:04 am

Shebakoby wrote:
Or, how about 'how to show interest without scaring the person right the *&^% off...?'

Pretty much the same thing, if you scare them the odds of being reported are high. Unless you don't let them escape from your basement, then they can't report you. :D (Of course I'm kidding, or am I?)

KittenWithAWhip wrote:
Seanmw wrote:

Hey, whaddya mean joking? That method has worked like a charm on me several times. :lol:

Taking this advice would actually present me with an interesting physical challenge. I know where she lives because we live in the same building, but considering how many floors up she is, even with my considerable strength, throwing a brick through her window would be quite difficult. I might have to improvise to find a method to get a brick through her window.

KittenWithAWhip wrote:
No seriously, Goat, if she asked you what you were doing for the weekend and said she had no plans, that's a window of opportunity. Take it! You should ask her to do something with you. It doesn't mean she'll say yes, but a no isn't the end of the world either. It's embarrassing (believe me, been there done that) but a couple of cool people can move past that pretty well.

Read my username. I'm literally on freaking fire. Therefore I am just about the antithesis of cool. In short, hot. And it would be had a window of opportunity in the past tense, we were talking about last weekend.

We did have another conversation yesterday, unusually long for a conversation where I am a participant. At the very least I'm going to assume that I'm not scaring her off.

KittenWithAWhip
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2010, 2:26 am

Quote:
And it would be had a window of opportunity in the past tense, we were talking about last weekend.

Yeah, I caught that part, about it being last weekend, but you've still been presented with a window. No bricks necessary.

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2010, 6:16 am

GoatOnFire wrote:
Shebakoby wrote:

Pretty much the same thing, if you scare them the odds of being reported are high. Unless you don't let them escape from your basement, then they can't report you. :D (Of course I'm kidding, or am I?)

KittenWithAWhip wrote:
Seanmw wrote:

Taking this advice would actually present me with an interesting physical challenge. I know where she lives because we live in the same building, but considering how many floors up she is, even with my considerable strength, throwing a brick through her window would be quite difficult. I might have to improvise to find a method to get a brick through her window.

Even if you had the strength and good hand-to-eye coordination, it could be hard to hit anything particular at that distance.

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."

KittenWithAWhip
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2010, 2:03 pm

^ Stilts.

:P

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2010, 4:42 pm

KittenWithAWhip wrote:
^ Stilts.

That could work. And if it doesn't, tie the brick to the end of a stilt and shove it through the window.

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2010, 3:04 am

KittenWithAWhip wrote:
Quote:
And it would be had a window of opportunity in the past tense, we were talking about last weekend.

Yeah, I caught that part, about it being last weekend, but you've still been presented with a window. No bricks necessary.

Ok, so you mean the window is still there? And the window is trying again on another on a weekend?

PLA wrote:
Even if you had the strength and good hand-to-eye coordination, it could be hard to hit anything particular at that distance.

I don't believe I specified the distance.

PLA wrote:
KittenWithAWhip wrote:
^ Stilts.

That could work. And if it doesn't, tie the brick to the end of a stilt and shove it through the window.

I'm not sure I could keep balance, let alone mount stilts with the necessary height. And should I fall it would almost certainly prove fatal. I don't suppose anyone has a helicopter or a fair sized trebuchet they could lend me?

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2010, 4:55 am

GoatOnFire wrote:
PLA wrote:

I don't believe I specified the distance.

Several stories up, farther than you can throw a brick. I also imagine that a brick lacks the aerodynamic qualities for precision throwing. Of course, I don't know how high each story is in that building.

KittenWithAWhip
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2010, 4:29 pm

Quote:
Ok, so you mean the window is still there? And the window is trying again on another on a weekend?

Yes, in fact it might make it even less awkward because she opened the window for you. Next time a weekend rolls around you can ask her if she's got any exciting plans this time.

Quote:
I don't suppose anyone has a helicopter or a fair sized trebuchet they could lend me?

Would duct tape and a paper clip do?

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2010, 5:08 am

KittenWithAWhip wrote:
Quote:

Yes, in fact it might make it even less awkward because she opened the window for you. Next time a weekend rolls around you can ask her if she's got any exciting plans this time.

Quote:
I don't suppose anyone has a helicopter or a fair sized trebuchet they could lend me?

There is no mechanical problem and only very few social and philosophical problems that can not be solved through sufficient application of duct tape.

KittenWithAWhip
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2010, 11:05 am

PLA wrote:
KittenWithAWhip wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

There is no mechanical problem and only very few social and philosophical problems that can not be solved through sufficient application of duct tape.

Agreed. Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver. :P

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2010, 1:43 pm

KittenWithAWhip wrote:
PLA wrote:
KittenWithAWhip wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Agreed. Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver. :P

:D