Anyone else like to bite or chew things?

Page 2 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

bethaniej
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Mar 2010, 12:13 pm

Until I started taking an ADHD med last year, I loved to occasionally eat chalk...liked the feel of sand in my mouth. I still love to eat snow when it snows. I also have a bad ice chewing habit. It's called pica when you eat things that aren't food. But it doesn't sound like you are eating, just chewing on. I used to bite people during 'close' encounters...but also had a problem of hitting people? not hard, but I think it annoyed friends, looking back.

Bethanie

Alphabetania
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2010, 12:22 pm

Anyone like nibbling in an erotic situation? And what if you are bitten back?

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2010, 6:07 pm

dossa wrote:
I happen to enjoy chewing on people. I will do things like walk up to one of my kids and chew on their elbow or the meaty part of their thumb on the side of their hands... I do not bite people hard or anything... my husband calls me a weirdo and gets annoyed with it sometimes because he says it tickles when I chew on him. He will try to get me to get me to stop sometimes and we end up play fighting over it and he will swat at me and I will call him a stim blocker/hater. Heh. I find it altogether too amusing and while my husband does occasionally fuss at me over it, he really does not much mind. He tolerates me well.

Anyway... I really like to bite people. Sometimes I will chew on my cuticles or my own hands, but nothing is as satisfying to me as chewing on other people. It is just not the same as someone else. It feels off and wrong to me. I have been this way for as long as I can remember. I used to get in trouble as a kid for biting people because I never really understood that biting can hurt people. While I no longer bite people hard, I still want to bite them.

So I wonder, does anyone else enjoy a good bite or chew? What are your favorite things to chew on?

This post struck me as so cute. XD It just is funny, and cute. :P

My friend likes biting. She will occasionally just nip your shoulder. It's okay. Actually, biting people IS fun. I don't do it though, for fear of being called weird.
The texture and taste are good. And since your mouth is so sensitive, it's far more heightened than petting. I used to lick my cats as a kid.

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2010, 6:17 pm

Hangnail biter here...and always have been. I've always had an oral fixation...I'm also a compulsive gum chewer and love to kiss.

At at time in my life when I was more anxious, I ate paper and bit/chewed on loose threads.

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2010, 6:49 pm

I love grinding something in my molars. I love chewing on pencils or anything hard and rubbery. I also love eating really tough bread that requires molar grinding :D

Michhsta
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2010, 8:35 pm

Yep, I am a biter.......I bite my fiance, especially when I feel really antsy or agitated.....

Mics

_Square_Peg_
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2010, 8:45 pm

I bite and chew my lip and nails all the time.

I remember when I was little I had a plastic toy bull and I'd chew on its horns & tail a lot. Eventually I chewed the tail off, but the horns were still there.

FreeSpirit2000
Toucan
Toucan

13 Mar 2010, 4:45 am

Honestly I must say that I sometimes toss things in the air for no apparent reason whenever I am bored, or sometimes I play with my pencil and/or eraser whenever I am school. This is all I can say.

Alphabetania
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2010, 5:27 am

Those of you who bite other people... how well do you know these people? I mean, I know you're probably not biting random strangers, but if you're biting casual pals, are you careful where and how you bite in order to avoid catching something contagious? Where I live, some of us quite careful of avoiding cuts and open skin and body fluids because HIV infections are so common.

dossa
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2010, 12:18 pm

Well... I tend to only bite people that I know. I do not much interact with people I do not know though... I will chew on my friends and my family. I do not bite them hard enough to break skin or anything. I have a certain way that I will chew on certain parts of a person... like I chew on hands and use the teeth more towards the back and side of my mouth while if I want to nibble on someone's nose, I only use my front teeth and I do not exactly chew, but rather just put my teeth on the tip of someone's nose and leave them there. Anyway... none of my biting is hard... I just like to have skin between my teeth and apply firm pressure... nothing too harsh. I think I would freak out if I was enjoying a nice nibble and suddenly felt blood in my mouth. I do not like those juicy candies that explode in my mouth... I would imagine the sudden change to be the same for me. While I understand the need to be safe when biting people due to things such as hiv... I would more be concerned by what the person has on their skin than under their skin. You never know what people have been doing with their 'paws'... I know what my friends and family do with theirs. Heh.

I never minded being bitten back either. I have several things that work to short circuit my brain in good ways and biting is one of them. If I am stressed out and someone bites me (again with the firm pressure and no skin breaking) it helps to calm me down much the same way that someone rubbing circles on my wrist or the skin between my thumb and index finger does. I kind of dig on that pressure thing so being held tightly or bitten is often all good for me.

As for biting in 'other situations'... to maintain an age appropriate post, I will simply say yes and yes please.

dossa
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2010, 12:41 pm

I have to say that I am happy about not being the only people biter. I have tried to explain to people how wonderful it is to chew on someone, but not many people get that...

Spazzergasm... I am glad this post amused you. I had not thought about mouths being more sensitive and such... I am a petter as well... I randomly pet people sometimes when I am in a touchy mood. When I am like that I get up on people and animals and rub my head on them as well. Heh. I have never tried licking a cat though. I do not know if I could get past the fur in my mouth. I do lick people though. My oldest daughter is a licker. She runs around licking her friends. Heh heh heh. She has adopted the title of 'the weird one' in her group of friends. I tell her she comes by that title naturally.

Wigglyspider... agreed... mates are more chew accessible than your average couch person. They rock like that. Heh. You know, we have not much interacted in these forums, but we have shown both shown up in a couple of posts discussing things that I would call 'silly fun'. I have a hunch we are similar in some regards like that. We could likely enjoy an afternoon of lying in snow and chewing on folks. It could be a hoot.

Michhsta... you know, I was thinking the other day how I have not been on bite mode this week like I had been in the two weeks before... I was at the end of my rope with my school work load and was chewing like a mad man. I bite people often enough when I am not stressed, but when I am... I think I over do it a bit. It is good to have tolerant people who will allow such things, no?

I would like to respond to more of you, but I have to be mindful of my time this afternoon... pesky life getting in the way of what I want to do...

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2010, 1:16 pm

i have not chewed anything never...allthought i been gone thought base to bite staff :P they didint like it very much :lol:

Ebonwinter
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2010, 1:36 pm

I love the texture of something rough to cut through thats why I love the texture of the new sweet tarts laughy taffy combo

nintendogurl1990
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Mar 2010, 4:55 pm

I used to chew on paper, plastic, clothes, you name it. But I've outgrown most of it, even though I still bite my nails. I still chew plastic from time to time and I'm 19. I just have the constant need to have something in my mouth. That's why I chew gum or eat something so I'm not preoccupied with eating non-edible objects.

Alphabetania
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2010, 6:00 am

There is therapy available for all of this, of course:
http://www.missboogerspetsupplies.com/category/30604740

CobaltBlew
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Mar 2010, 7:11 am

I bite my finger nails once in a while, but that's about it. I think I used to do it quite often, but stopped doing so when I took up playing guitar.