Can't look at people without imagining myself kissing them

Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

MikeyPikey92
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Mar 2010, 5:54 pm

For my friends and close family this isn't really a problem, but nearly everyone else I talk to I can't help but imagine myself kissing them. I don't do it because I think it would be pleasurable, quite the contrary. It is often when I'm talking to more formal or important people like....teachers, elders, authority figures, etc. It doesn't matter how ugly they are, if they are men/women, (i'm not a homosexual,) if they are related to me, etc....every time I look at their face and in their eyes I loose concentration of what they are saying and just imagine what would happen if I just jumped up and started kissing them!

Does anyone else have this problem?

Penandinkmarie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Mar 2010, 6:00 pm

I imagine them fornicating ......I have very good visualization skills, but I don't know WHY my mind takes it to that level when I zone out while they're talking....WHY?! It gets annoying. It doesn't really happen much anymore but before my meds, it did a lot. =\

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2010, 6:02 pm

MikeyPikey92 wrote:
For my friends and close family this isn't really a problem, but nearly everyone else I talk to I can't help but imagine myself kissing them. I don't do it because I think it would be pleasurable, quite the contrary. It is often when I'm talking to more formal or important people like....teachers, elders, authority figures, etc. It doesn't matter how ugly they are, if they are men/women, (i'm not a homosexual,) if they are related to me, etc....every time I look at their face and in their eyes I loose concentration of what they are saying and just imagine what would happen if I just jumped up and started kissing them!

Does anyone else have this problem?

LOL! I thought I was the only one. Well, I'm not as severe as you. :P Just sometimes when I'm talking to some random person, if our faces get within 2 feet or so, I'll like, randomly get a vivid image of kissing them, or even something silly like licking their face! XD It doesn't turn me on. It's so random. :P
I think we're just curious.

By the way! It's "lose". "loose" means infirm. ;)

LipstickKiller
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Mar 2010, 6:11 pm

Sounds like a mild case of OCD to me. Having had it myself I recommend just noticing the thoughts you have and try to let them pass without gettng too hung up on them. That usually weakens them and they'll be less frequent. According to my therapist, trying to resist unpleasant thoughts will in fact focus energy to the part of your brain that's occupied by them and thereby enforce them.

DavidM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Mar 2010, 6:14 pm

Go ahead and give them a kiss. We need to spread more love in this cruel world :D

Fidget
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

12 Mar 2010, 6:15 pm

Oh my gosh, when I was younger (Elementary School to Middle School) I always couldn't help but imagine everyone naked. Like you said it wasn't a sexual thing, I just couldn't help it for some reason. >_< I just thought I was a freak, I'm glad I'm not the only one! Nowadays, since my mind seems to go all over the place sometimes I do sometimes wonder if certain people I know are good kissers and such, but it's not a constant thing with me anymore.

Fidget
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

12 Mar 2010, 6:18 pm

Spazzergasm wrote:
MikeyPikey92 wrote:
Just sometimes when I'm talking to some random person, if our faces get within 2 feet or so, I'll like, randomly get a vivid image of kissing them, or even something silly like licking their face!

Lol, that's cute. Sometimes when I get awkwardly close to someone's face that I have a little crush on I kind of lose my breath for a second, but I suspect that's relatively common.

Last edited by Fidget on 12 Mar 2010, 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2010, 6:27 pm

Fidget wrote:
Lol, that's cute. Sometimes when I get awkwardly close to someone's face that I have a little crush on I kind of lose my breath for a second, but I suspect that's relatively comment.

Thanks. :D
I lose my breath a bit, too. Or my neck freezes up and I step back quickly. :(

WoundedDog
Raven
Raven

12 Mar 2010, 6:55 pm

lol what

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2010, 7:08 pm

WoundedDog wrote:
lol what

Huh?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2010, 7:34 pm

You should give them a kiss, than. :idea:

Ebonwinter
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2010, 7:34 pm

I have a similar problem, I rather not say what.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2010, 7:36 pm

I think this is the weirdest thing I've read about on WP so far.

Of course, I'm probably going to contract this now, and be back tomorrow complaining that I keep fantasising about kissing the milk man.

pumibel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2010, 8:53 pm

I have been through this before- several years ago. I think it may have happened a couple times but I don't remember clearly. I admit it is really a strange thing to have your mind take a turn like that. It was like you said- everyone other than close family or friends. I felt like some kind of pervert, but I didnt have any romantic or sexual feelings towards them- just that image of kissing them. I am glad someone else has gone through it. I've never told anyone before.

It went away as quickly and mysteriously as it showed up, so don't fret over it.

pumibel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2010, 8:57 pm

Moog wrote:
I think this is the weirdest thing I've read about on WP so far.

Of course, I'm probably going to contract this now, and be back tomorrow complaining that I keep fantasising about kissing the milk man.

LOL you will catch it because you said it was the weirdest. It CANT be the weirdest, right?

Really?????? You still have milkmen where you live?

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2010, 9:16 pm

Yes it is and yes we do!