Page 8 of 8 [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2013, 6:44 pm

OddButWhy wrote:
What's a low-acidic diet?

My allergies improved for the first few months of a low-carb diet. No idea why.

that is one way to accomplish a low-acidic diet. just avoid white food [refined carbs, starchy things in general, sweet things like rolls and candy and deserts and such]. regular physical exercise is also a must, outdoors in fresh air [away from city smog and woodsmoke], that improves the motility of your cilia in your lungs and helps with proper sinus drainage.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 9:01 am

LupaLuna wrote:
Some fun/gross facts about noses.

1) Did you know that mucus(snot) is used as a filtration medium. for as gross as snot is, It is use to remove particles from the air that you inhale keeping your lungs clean.

2) Did you know that boogers are nothing more then dried-up snot. when snot dries up. It will loose about 90% of its volume.

3) Did you know that back-blowing your nose and swallowing your snot(used dirty snot.) is a natural act. Just like any air filter, It will become saturated and is no longer effective at doing it's job and therefore will need to be replace. back-blowing your nose is the act of douching your sinuses so that new clean snot can come it. And after you back-blow your nose and have that used dirty snot in your throat. You swallow it. Hey! for as gross as this may sound at least it doesn't taste bad.

4) Did you know that when you sneeze. You create a powerful vortex wind in your sinus with wind speeds at 650 to 850 mph (mach 0.9 to 1.2). If you ever been around someone who sneeze so loud that there is a sharp crack . That means that the wind in there sinuses was traveling faster then the speed of sound.

Interesting. I sneeze pretty loud, but I've never heard any cracks.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain