Turkey threatens to expel 100,000 Armenians

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Khan_Sama
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2010, 7:50 pm

Turkey's prime minister has threatened to deport 100,000 Armenian migrants, amid renewed tensions over Turkish mass killings of Armenians in World War I.

Recent resolutions in the US and Sweden have called the killings "genocide".
Recep Tayyip Erdogan told the BBC that of 170,000 Armenians living in Turkey "70,000 are Turkish citizens".
"We are turning a blind eye to the remaining 100,000... Tomorrow, I may tell these 100,000 to go back to their country, if it becomes necessary."
Thousands of Armenians, many of them women, work illegally in Turkey. Most do low-skilled jobs such as cleaning.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8572934.stm

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2010, 11:46 pm

Deporting illegal aliens?

What kind of backward barberic country could even think of doing such a horrendus crime against humanity!

Everyone has a Human Right to live anywhere they want, and to be supplied with health care, education, welfare, retirement, without being oppressed by outdated notions of borders, papers, for We Are The World!

Let me hear you all sing children, We Are The World! We Are The World, come on, you in the back, We Are The World, For the Armenian cleaning women, We Are The World, We Are The World,

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2010, 12:27 am

well, if you can't remember history, it seems you are condemned to repeat it.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2010, 12:50 am

We don't repeat it, nothing ever changes, just sometimes we see the pattern.

We Are The World, for the Mexican Recreational Drug Cartels, We Are The World, for those hiding from the drug cartels, We Are The World, for everyone facing jail in South America, We Are The World, for everyone who broke out of jail in South America, We Are The World, We Are The World,

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2010, 1:02 am

Inventor wrote:
Deporting illegal aliens?

What kind of backward barberic country could even think of doing such a horrendus crime against humanity!

Everyone has a Human Right to live anywhere they want, and to be supplied with health care, education, welfare, retirement, without being oppressed by outdated notions of borders, papers, for We Are The World!

Let me hear you all sing children, We Are The World! We Are The World, come on, you in the back, We Are The World, For the Armenian cleaning women, We Are The World, We Are The World,

Are you just exaggerating in the name of sarcasm?

ruveyn