Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

SoSayWeAll
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2010, 6:10 pm

auntblabby wrote:
and don't even ask about slaughterball/dodgeball in PE, which was just an excuse to commit assault against the physically ungifted. am so glad that PE is not too popular in schools these days, but this development was decades too late to help me.

Thank you. If you ask me, dodgeball should be banned; that isn't a team sport...it encourages a very dangerous mob mentality. (Personally I am not a fan of forced participation in team sports by schools, anyway, but dodgeball is particularly bad.)

My coordination is awful. I'm not too bad a driver, but I am also conservative because I know my ability to judge distances and speeds, not to mention my reaction time, isn't the best.

Is this common with people with just ADHD?

Hodor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2010, 6:24 pm

My hand/eye coordination is awful, as anyone who's had the misfortune of playing a sport with me. I can catch well, I can ride a bike without any problem but anything beyond that leaves me looking like a jellyfish with rabies.

I'm learning the guitar at the moment... unsurprisingly, the theoretical side of it is intuitive to me, but the physical act of playing the guitar is a lot harder. Maybe constant practice will improve my general hand/eye coordination as well as my guitar playing ability?

Locrian
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Jul 2010, 5:43 pm

Hodor wrote:

I'm learning the guitar at the moment... unsurprisingly, the theoretical side of it is intuitive to me, but the physical act of playing the guitar is a lot harder. Maybe constant practice will improve my general hand/eye coordination as well as my guitar playing ability?

Yes. :wink:
Remember to relax and not tense up, and when you get tired, take a break. Goodluck!