Now come get to know me! [Member Blog Registry]

Page 10 of 16 [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next

invaderhorizongreen
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 7:23 pm

Just wanted to say hello, and I have finally joined here after lurking outside of this site for a few years.

I am 31 years old but was not diagnosed till I was 16, I never received therapy of any sort, and am just getting over peer abuse in school. I am finally getting comfortable with my diagnosis, and just bought my own house and adjusting accordingly. I am a fossil hunter, neopets fanatic, and a bit of a fan fic writer/reader. I also enjoy a video game now and then.

I am also a big horror fan, and have an extensive antique children's book collection as well.

Petrarch1
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Feb 2015, 9:35 pm

My name is Zachary.

I am currently 22 years old.

I live in Ontario, Canada.

My hobbies and interests include: photography, playing video games, reading, researching (varies), skating, swimming, the arts, anthropology, cosmology, mythology, philosophy, physics, poetry, psychology, quantum mechanics and sociology. I also enjoy collecting antique books and video games.

I am here to find unity.

I was just recently diagnosed with high-functioning autism and rapid cycling bipolar type 2; I may soon be diagnosed with schizophrenia as well.

I have no favourite music genre in particular. I enjoy diversity. I am capable of listening to anyone from Frederic Chopin to Tupac Shakur.

I would like to learn how to play a few instruments and speak a few languages.

G4m3r5h4n3
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Mar 2015, 11:05 am

Just posting out there to say Im AS dude of 27 and working as a nurse
Generally looking to chat and understand myself better, conversations welcome
But yea, trying to be laid back as come back after a long while, so meh, let the games continue?

Kphillips13
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Mar 2015, 12:12 am

So yeah. My daughter was diagnosed with autism. She is fantastic! Amazing and smart and just a parents dream except she is not social. She is a mirror image of me. I'm a product of the 80s and my "problems" were dealt with a swift hand and a diagnosis of a trouble maker. I am currently on Ritalin LA or Concerta. Life saver for me. Regardless, my bunny is my life and I want to promote her "quirkiness" and not stifle it. I want her to achieve what I couldn't and what I was steered away from. I made it pretty far considering but was always rejected for my abnormalities. What she has is amazing, how do I shut out the critics and promote her abilities? I feel like I am fighting a losing battle...

romanax
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Aug 2015, 11:52 pm

My story may be hard to believe, but I never lie or pad my resume. Just recently, I started tracking better than ever. I survived the tragic loss of my wife, overcame anger management, stopped viewing myself as a victim, and became extremely articulate. I owe this to my Buddhist meditation practice, which has become a perfect storm. I have switched from being an introvert to mostly being an extrovert. I no longer fear meeting strangers. During meditation, I identified the block in my subconscious. I have become a risk taker.
There was a sequence of events: military service, a real job, a second real job, marriage, gender switching, and enlightenment. I am neither an optimist nor a pessimist; I am a realist. In my youth, I had no subjective reasoning, but now it has gone through the roof. I no longer fear failure; it is just wisdom for doing things better. As an Asperger transgender woman, dating is nearly impossible, but I quit fearing rejection.
I no longer believe that the objective world actually exists; it is just created by karma to make us feel good. One has to meditate for a long time to reach this conclusion. Things like love, compassion, mindfulness, and feelings are far more real and survive when we die.
Don't take my word for any of this; one has to contemplate reality for oneself. I can demonstrate the validity of my new capabilities any time in person. I am usually dead calm, and seldom suffer any nervousness or stage fright.

Romana

trayder
Toucan
Toucan

18 Aug 2015, 1:29 am

romanax wrote:
My story may be hard to believe, but I never lie or pad my resume. Just recently, I started tracking better than ever. I survived the tragic loss of my wife, overcame anger management, stopped viewing myself as a victim, and became extremely articulate. I owe this to my Buddhist meditation practice, which has become a perfect storm. I have switched from being an introvert to mostly being an extrovert. I no longer fear meeting strangers. During meditation, I identified the block in my subconscious. I have become a risk taker.
There was a sequence of events: military service, a real job, a second real job, marriage, gender switching, and enlightenment. I am neither an optimist nor a pessimist; I am a realist. In my youth, I had no subjective reasoning, but now it has gone through the roof. I no longer fear failure; it is just wisdom for doing things better. As an Asperger transgender woman, dating is nearly impossible, but I quit fearing rejection.
I no longer believe that the objective world actually exists; it is just created by karma to make us feel good. One has to meditate for a long time to reach this conclusion. Things like love, compassion, mindfulness, and feelings are far more real and survive when we die.
Don't take my word for any of this; one has to contemplate reality for oneself. I can demonstrate the validity of my new capabilities any time in person. I am usually dead calm, and seldom suffer any nervousness or stage fright.

Romana

Karl Marx construed Hegelian dialecticism or Buddhism for that matter as standing dialecticism on its head. What that means is that all you search for is right in front of you, in the material world. If you maintain a constant logical approach to what you see and feel, you will actually expand your consciousness and achieve quite high states of dispassion or equilibrium. Mystic dialecticism is notoriously fickle which is why you get such absurdities as fascist Buddhists.

To fully immerse in mystic dialecticism one has to be one of our animal brethren who are pure non consciousness.

1983parrothead
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Aug 2015, 6:55 pm

Hi everyone. I just returned here to socialize more.

Drebi
Raven
Raven

28 Aug 2015, 11:17 pm

Hey, all! I joined this site a few years ago, but then life got in the way and I haven't been here in a couple years. The layout of the site looks way different than it did when I left. 8O (Trying to adjust to that.) Anyway, I've come to realize that I miss having some sort of community, I've felt kind of alone the past couple years. So, I've decided to come back and try to get back in touch with like minded people.

I'm 21. I'm raising my teenage sister (16), who is neurotypical. 8O I'm in College, and can't decide what I want my major to be, lol. :roll: I'm not officially diagnosed with Autism; as I come from a small town and things of that nature are just lumped into the category of either "weird" or in need of "discipline". :( I am officially diagnosed with PTSD and Psychotic Depression, though. I'm also vegetarian (transitioning to vegan), non-heterosexual, trans*, and a secular atheist. Which made life miserable in the area I grew up in, but I've recently moved to a larger city - so I'm hoping things will change. I don't have a blog, but I do have Facebook and Skype. Looking forward to re-joining Wrong Planet! :mrgreen:

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2015, 3:47 pm

Welcome to WP to all new members. Welcome back to all who have returned :D :D :D

LivingInParentheses
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2015, 7:39 am

Hi everyone. I joined several days ago. I did make a thread to introduce myself am thankful that I got several nice replies. :)

I decided to post a link to my blog here because I noticed that it makes me feel pretty good inside to log onto my computer and find that people have visited it. Much better than getting to my house and finding visitors here unannounced, LOL.

I'm only a recently diagnosed aspie despite being 42 and a wife and mom. My blog isn't just about asperger's, but it's all probably colored by the fact that I experience life via my own neurology, which is aspergerian, so maybe it kinda is. I don't know.

Anyway, here's a link. There are occasional swear words, just a heads up. The latest post is pretty rambley (about "magical thinking") but thats because I'm still waiting impatiently for my official diagnosis paperwork to come in the mail (they said they mailed it out to me and my regular doctor yesterday or the day before, so it's just a matter of time before my regular doctor starts to treat me differently than he has for the past 20 years, which upsets me greatly. I wish I hadn't signed the release form given to me by the psychiatrist who evaluated me, now... it's a small town.. once my doctor knows everyone will know, because the receptionist will obviously be the one to get the mail, and she'll give it to the nurse to put in my chart and/or leave a copy of on my doctor's desk. And once both ladies AND the doctor know, this whole town will probably know, and I still don't even know what's IN the paperwork.. I dont want them knowing before me. or at all anymore. I'm rambling again. Sorry.)

:arrow: http://livinginparentheses.blogspot.com

Pine
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Nov 2015, 11:14 pm

My dad doesn't know me. He doesn't know the shape that my life has taken nor the paths that I have gone down. He doesn't know his 4 extraordinary grandchildren. It wasn't until I became aware of my aspergers that I started to understand him. I began to piece my life together like a puzzle. A puzzle that, up until that moment, I had been missing half the pieces to. I want to forgive him and I want him to know us, but I don't know how. So I started this blog because written words are my form of communion. I couldn't bring myself to use names so I turned to my favorite things, trees, to help me. One day, I hope to have the courage to find him and give him my words.

http://chaptersoftheforest.blogspot.com/

Mirol
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Nov 2015, 10:39 pm

Hello, everyone

MaryLamb
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Dec 2015, 11:26 am

Hey!
Just wanted to say hi - this is the first time I've openly admitted anywhere that I'm an aspie, so... big step for me! :D This is the perfect place for me - the first time I have felt properly at home - maybe I really *am* on the wrong planet...

ET go home. ET go home. ET go home... :cry:

GrayDog
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Dec 2015, 6:32 am

Hello,

First post, background, formally identified as neuo-atypical (dyslexic/disgraphic and a few others) around 1975.

and later formally Asperger (high functioning, actor, internal focused meltdowns).

Decided to join after upsetting friends who have a teenage son on the spectrum.

Tried to tell them there was hope for him as he reminded me of myself when I was his age.

Ironically they told me I have no understanding of his condition, and there was no hope for him to improve.

Oh well.

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2015, 7:00 am

Welcome to all new members! :D

andyfzr
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Dec 2015, 6:50 pm

Hi, Ive been on here for around a year or so but still haven't connected with anyone as I'm really bad at innitiating conversation so I spend a lot of time just lurking and reading posts. I really want to make some friends but I'm just no good at small talk and saying the right things and putting my foot in it a lot. i'm feeling really lonly the more I withdraw and Christmas just makes it worse as most people I know just think I'm weird and ignorrent. I'm hoping that I can find some people to make friends with in my area, High peak and south Manchester and maybe even get to know a few more people who are like me instead of trying to fit in with NTs. I haven't actually got any aspie friends as I only really got to know about aspergers in the last few years and my counsellor only really suggested it to me about a year ago what I may be experiencing. If theres anyone willing to talk then I would like to give it a try to get to know some more people. Once I get talking and get to know someone then I seem to relax a little and find myself able to talk but it just takes me a while to trust people. I seem to get burned a lot in the NT world as people see my weaknesses and take advantage of my good nature.