Now come get to know me! [Member Blog Registry]

Page 9 of 16 [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

TriCon0411
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Aug 2014, 6:52 pm

Hello everyone, I'm brand new to Wrong Planet and I came here so I could interact with others who share my problems and know what it's like to struggle with Autism and Asperger's. I've always had a hard time making friends and because of this I feel alone a lot and just wish I could have one friend out there in the world. I'd really like to meet as many people as I can here so going to give it my all to make friends and help myself and others get through this tough situation we all live with.

nixiewp
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Sep 2014, 8:40 am

http://nixiebs.blogspot.co.uk/
My personal blog. Right now, I am focusing on updating a blog post about the Indian Super League franchise-based football league (I get my information from the official ISL website and Facebook page).

BeachSurfer
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Sep 2014, 4:10 pm

HermaeusMora wrote:
No Autism, they aren't sure what I have. some kind of "spectrum disorder". In any case, i suffer from extreme anxiety, i can't learn things the way most people can and as a result im completely ineffective in school and environments. I don't really talk to people because I find most of them ( more so people my own age) to be either completely uninteresting, or just plain stupid. I can never find anyone to have an intelligent conversation with. I'm terrible in social situations, and my interests and mannerisms are so far from everyone around me that in a way i have been left with no option to sit in my room and keep to myself.
I attend online school because being in a real school was grinding me down to my last nerve. I don't do much, i have trust issues with people for various reasons, and i tend to creep people out :p but i figured I would do what my therapist said to do, and look for more people who have similar issues to mine. Found this place, thought i would try it out because the extent of my social contact with people is nonexistent. So i hope ill be able to finally find some peace, and maybe find someone who has at least something in common with me. :?

Know this post is a bit old, but this is exactly me but I still continue with school. I Just do it not very well.

JohnnyC

15 Nov 2014, 7:37 pm

millie wrote:
http://thegameofbreathing.blogspot.com
. Hi John. C

JohnnyC

15 Nov 2014, 7:38 pm

millie wrote:
http://thegameofbreathing.blogspot.com
. Hi John. C :D

Warlokus
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Nov 2014, 9:11 pm

Hello,

I've just joined Wrong Planet. I'm a fan of anime and fan fictions. I've shared the link to my fan fiction page below. Please, check it out and let me know what you think. I'm also always looking for suggestions of new material to check out. Hit me up if you're interested in having a conversation about Japanese Anime, Disney, Transformers, etc.

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2786637/

MadSquirrel
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Dec 2014, 5:13 pm

Just joined up. A quick introduction:

I'm 37 and have just (finally) been given a positive AS diagnosis. It's made a lot of crazy stuff make sense.

I've just met a girl who's half my age. She's NT, but smart. She accepts who I am, and realises that if something's wrong she needs to tell me and not play games.

I have an IQ of 138, I write computer software, I play the piano (quit after grade 5) and drums.

I like "soft" sci-fi films (Star Wars, The Matrix etc), fantasy adventure, and I'll even enjoy a "chick flick" occasionally.

I also like big stuff that moves. I'm a petrolhead. I drive too fast. I'm also interested in classic British diesel traction (yes, I mean trains).

Anything else, just ask. :D

IKnowWhoIAmNow
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Dec 2014, 4:12 pm

I've been here a while now and while I post most of my life on Facebook and Twitter, I do have a "proper" blog and am going to make an effort to use it more in 2015: http://www.martinhowe.net/

Nagalis
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jan 2015, 2:17 pm

I recently started an autism-centric (tum)blog to help me understand and process all this new stuff.
It reads much like a diary, I guess.
You can find it here.

invaderhorizongreen
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 7:23 pm

Just wanted to say hello, and I have finally joined here after lurking outside of this site for a few years.

I am 31 years old but was not diagnosed till I was 16, I never received therapy of any sort, and am just getting over peer abuse in school. I am finally getting comfortable with my diagnosis, and just bought my own house and adjusting accordingly. I am a fossil hunter, neopets fanatic, and a bit of a fan fic writer/reader. I also enjoy a video game now and then.

I am also a big horror fan, and have an extensive antique children's book collection as well.

Petrarch1
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Feb 2015, 9:35 pm

My name is Zachary.

I am currently 22 years old.

I live in Ontario, Canada.

My hobbies and interests include: photography, playing video games, reading, researching (varies), skating, swimming, the arts, anthropology, cosmology, mythology, philosophy, physics, poetry, psychology, quantum mechanics and sociology. I also enjoy collecting antique books and video games.

I am here to find unity.

I was just recently diagnosed with high-functioning autism and rapid cycling bipolar type 2; I may soon be diagnosed with schizophrenia as well.

I have no favourite music genre in particular. I enjoy diversity. I am capable of listening to anyone from Frederic Chopin to Tupac Shakur.

I would like to learn how to play a few instruments and speak a few languages.

G4m3r5h4n3

04 Mar 2015, 11:05 am

Just posting out there to say Im AS dude of 27 and working as a nurse
Generally looking to chat and understand myself better, conversations welcome
But yea, trying to be laid back as come back after a long while, so meh, let the games continue?

Kphillips13
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Mar 2015, 12:12 am

So yeah. My daughter was diagnosed with autism. She is fantastic! Amazing and smart and just a parents dream except she is not social. She is a mirror image of me. I'm a product of the 80s and my "problems" were dealt with a swift hand and a diagnosis of a trouble maker. I am currently on Ritalin LA or Concerta. Life saver for me. Regardless, my bunny is my life and I want to promote her "quirkiness" and not stifle it. I want her to achieve what I couldn't and what I was steered away from. I made it pretty far considering but was always rejected for my abnormalities. What she has is amazing, how do I shut out the critics and promote her abilities? I feel like I am fighting a losing battle...

romanax
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Aug 2015, 11:52 pm

My story may be hard to believe, but I never lie or pad my resume. Just recently, I started tracking better than ever. I survived the tragic loss of my wife, overcame anger management, stopped viewing myself as a victim, and became extremely articulate. I owe this to my Buddhist meditation practice, which has become a perfect storm. I have switched from being an introvert to mostly being an extrovert. I no longer fear meeting strangers. During meditation, I identified the block in my subconscious. I have become a risk taker.
There was a sequence of events: military service, a real job, a second real job, marriage, gender switching, and enlightenment. I am neither an optimist nor a pessimist; I am a realist. In my youth, I had no subjective reasoning, but now it has gone through the roof. I no longer fear failure; it is just wisdom for doing things better. As an Asperger transgender woman, dating is nearly impossible, but I quit fearing rejection.
I no longer believe that the objective world actually exists; it is just created by karma to make us feel good. One has to meditate for a long time to reach this conclusion. Things like love, compassion, mindfulness, and feelings are far more real and survive when we die.
Don't take my word for any of this; one has to contemplate reality for oneself. I can demonstrate the validity of my new capabilities any time in person. I am usually dead calm, and seldom suffer any nervousness or stage fright.

Romana

trayder
Toucan
Toucan

18 Aug 2015, 1:29 am

romanax wrote:
My story may be hard to believe, but I never lie or pad my resume. Just recently, I started tracking better than ever. I survived the tragic loss of my wife, overcame anger management, stopped viewing myself as a victim, and became extremely articulate. I owe this to my Buddhist meditation practice, which has become a perfect storm. I have switched from being an introvert to mostly being an extrovert. I no longer fear meeting strangers. During meditation, I identified the block in my subconscious. I have become a risk taker.
There was a sequence of events: military service, a real job, a second real job, marriage, gender switching, and enlightenment. I am neither an optimist nor a pessimist; I am a realist. In my youth, I had no subjective reasoning, but now it has gone through the roof. I no longer fear failure; it is just wisdom for doing things better. As an Asperger transgender woman, dating is nearly impossible, but I quit fearing rejection.
I no longer believe that the objective world actually exists; it is just created by karma to make us feel good. One has to meditate for a long time to reach this conclusion. Things like love, compassion, mindfulness, and feelings are far more real and survive when we die.
Don't take my word for any of this; one has to contemplate reality for oneself. I can demonstrate the validity of my new capabilities any time in person. I am usually dead calm, and seldom suffer any nervousness or stage fright.

Romana

Karl Marx construed Hegelian dialecticism or Buddhism for that matter as standing dialecticism on its head. What that means is that all you search for is right in front of you, in the material world. If you maintain a constant logical approach to what you see and feel, you will actually expand your consciousness and achieve quite high states of dispassion or equilibrium. Mystic dialecticism is notoriously fickle which is why you get such absurdities as fascist Buddhists.

To fully immerse in mystic dialecticism one has to be one of our animal brethren who are pure non consciousness.

1983parrothead
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Aug 2015, 6:55 pm

Hi everyone. I just returned here to socialize more.