how many friends do you have on facebook?

Page 8 of 10 [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 2:08 pm

I have zero. Is it necessary to join first? :P

cdlu
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Jan 2011, 2:10 pm

I have 830 connections on my facebook as I have lived many places and been involved in national politics for years. All of those are people I have had some interaction with at some point in my life and all of which I could tell you why or how if you asked. However, of those 830 people, no more than a couple are real friends I could call upon in a time of need, and while I talk to them on facebook, I may not even recognise them in person.

CosmicRuss
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 2:31 pm

TallyMan wrote:
I have zero. Is it necessary to join first? :P
You must join in order for me to immediately double my friend list. :D

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 2:34 pm

I have 135. I used to have closer to 300 but I deleted most of these people that I never talk to or were just acquaintances I had met once and didn't care for really

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 2:49 pm

I have 74- family, childhood friends and people I knew from when I was a bartender and haven't seen in over 10 years. Also a cat in Sri Lanka.

Autumnsteps
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jan 2011, 2:53 pm

547 mostly friends from school who haven't seen in 10 years + (I went to two high schools) and people I've met since online. Also have quite a few who are work related, networking and stuff

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 3:21 pm

Around 145, I believe, most of them from my various autism/disability-related pursuits. I closed down Facebook for now in order to minimize distractions. Apparently WP is another distraction now. :(

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 4:42 pm

108 now. I had 109 but someone took me off. I have so many on there I don't even know who does it unless it was one of my friends but some of them like closing their account. I have to be looking at my friends list to even notice and pay attention to the number. But apparently it was someone I don't really know because all my friends are still there I know from here or acquaintances I know from here. And I even forget sometimes which profile is whose lol and I forget names so if someone removes me, I probably won't even notice.

Most of my friends are from online or from here, ones I knew in school, some are from babycenter, and I even have my relatives on there and my brothers and my dad.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 6:16 pm

Am I the only one who only adds people on Facebook in order to play games with them? :lol:
I have 141, but I only actually know a few of them. Some don't even speak English.

Mark198423
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 7:01 pm

Zen wrote:
Am I the only one who only adds people on Facebook in order to play games with them? :lol:
I have 141, but I only actually know a few of them. Some don't even speak English.

I used to do this.but I deleted as soon as they accepted the game request.

Yensid
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 7:02 pm

I have about 80.

Half of them are in there only for facebook games. My only interaction with most of them is to exchange game gifts. One of them has actually become something approaching a real friend.

The rest are people that I have encountered at some point in real life. Of those, there are only three that I interact with.

One of my supervisors is on my friend list. I wish he was not on there. He discovered me, and I didn't think that it would be wise to refuse his friend request.

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 7:12 pm

I currently have around 220...

...but to be truthful here; I'm like you Zen - many of them are in fact Farmville neighbours :oops:

I think I've maybe got 100 people I actually know, or have collected from other sites where we've randomly added each other somewhere else online and maybe talked a few times. To defend my popularity I'll point out that I changed my name a few years ago and didn't actually tell many people (not even my mother), so I don't have all the *old friends from school or anything like that which most (NT) people have.

*By old friends from school I'd have to assume they would have actually been old bullies from school.

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 7:26 pm

League_Girl wrote:
108 now. I had 109 but someone took me off. I have so many on there I don't even know who does it unless it was one of my friends but some of them like closing their account. I have to be looking at my friends list to even notice and pay attention to the number. But apparently it was someone I don't really know because all my friends are still there I know from here or acquaintances I know from here. And I even forget sometimes which profile is whose lol and I forget names so if someone removes me, I probably won't even notice.
It must have been me, because I had you on it and I closed my account for now.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 7:28 pm

The only fb friend I don't know in real life is a woman who asked to friend me. She has a daughter with AS and a radio show. I've never met the cat in Sri Lanka either. Easily a third of the line up is family. I could build it up but I'm not sure I care. When I first reconnected with all these people I used to know it was nice but now it's just like being at a party with them, which is me being awkwardly silent. If I do say something, I am usually ignored.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 7:42 pm

MathGirl wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

I didn't even know I had you on there. See I forget. :)

Was this just recent like within the last few days? If so, then maybe it was you.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 9:34 pm

League_Girl wrote:
MathGirl wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
I didn't even know I had you on there. See I forget. :)

Was this just recent like within the last few days? If so, then maybe it was you.
Pretty recent, about a week or so ago.