Any schools for children with Aspergers?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Aspies_Dad
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Mar 2010, 10:24 pm

Hello everyone, my youngest son was recently diagnosed with Aspergers and schools here in Louisiana are beyond sub-par to properly educate him. Fortunately I have a job where I can work anywhere and was wondering if anyone knew of some schools that cater to children with Aspergers (or any autism spec). Non boarding schools preferred. We would like to move to the New England area, but we are willing to move anywhere to get him the best education possible. Thanks for creating a great place like this for us parents who are looking for answers.

Rhapsody
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Mar 2010, 10:38 pm

My little brother goes to an autism school called Applied Behavioral Services. I'm pretty sure there are a few more like his in other states. It's really helped him a lot. And it's paid for by the autism scholarship.

Zsazsa
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2010, 8:54 am

The Kelberman Center for Autism has an excellent school for kids ranging in age from pre-school (The Promise Program) to older kids who attend the school called, "Tradewinds." The Kelberman Center also, has many other programs and services and even provides support groups for parents. This outstanding facility is located in Upstate New York in the Mohawk River Valley between Albany and Syracuse, New York...a great region to raise children.

The Kelberman Center for Autism is also, a training facility for the New England Region where professionals come from the states of Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine and Downstate New York to train in the latest skills and technology so they can address the needs of children and adults with Autism and Asperger's Syndrome appropriately.

If you wish to learn more, check out their website...just Google... Kelberman Center for Autism

jacobadom8
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Jan 2015, 1:56 am

A friend's kid suffers from ASD. Initially he had a lot of trouble but then he moved to New York and got his kid enrolled in Rebecca School and it has been a smooth sailing ever since. I'd highly recommend to check their program.