I like Tea 28%  28%  [ 50 ]
I like Coffee 22%  22%  [ 40 ]
I like Coffee 22%  22%  [ 40 ]
Total votes : 180

merien_took
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Mar 2005, 1:49 pm

I don't prefer tea at all. Iced, hot, green, fruit, it all tastes nasty to me. I only drink coffee when I need to caffeine and then I drink it black. Of course, I also end up completely wired after even one cup so I try not to do that too often.

axelkat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2005, 1:52 pm

merien_took wrote:
I don't prefer tea at all. Iced, hot, green, fruit, it all tastes nasty to me. I only drink coffee when I need to caffeine and then I drink it black. Of course, I also end up completely wired after even one cup so I try not to do that too often.

your tough
A

merien_took
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Mar 2005, 1:56 pm

axelkat wrote:
merien_took wrote:

your tough
A

If what you said means what I think it means.......eh, my family is Swedish and apparently Swedes drink coffee black so it's always been forbidden to add anything to coffee.

axelkat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2005, 1:58 pm

merien_took wrote:
axelkat wrote:
merien_took wrote:

your tough
A

If what you said means what I think it means.......eh, my family is Swedish and apparently Swedes drink coffee black so it's always been forbidden to add anything to coffee.

Im half-norwegian, half-irish. i was refering to coffe being the stronger beverage
A

merien_took
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Mar 2005, 2:04 pm

axelkat wrote:
Im half-norwegian, half-irish. i was refering to coffe being the stronger beverage
A

Ah, cool. I just had to make sure; I get confused with those types of expressions sometimes.

ascan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2005, 3:20 pm

I must have had a sheltered life... iced coffee? Earl grey? Green tea?

Just give me Tetley... teabags.

Maril
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Mar 2005, 5:04 pm

I like both, but coffee is my favourite. I like it best with milk and sugar. With tea it's green tea, rooibos or earl gray with milk and sugar, and chai, with cardamom.

axelkat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2005, 5:21 pm

merien_took wrote:
axelkat wrote:
A

Ah, cool. I just had to make sure; I get confused with those types of expressions sometimes.

we all do. just gotta make sure im being clear with my choice of words. explaining aint my high point
A

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2005, 7:24 pm

Interesting fact: We drink tea with milk because English porcelain was pretty rubbish back in the day and had a tendency to crack when boiling water was introduced to it. Putting cold milk in the cup first prolonged the life of ye olde crockery until we nicked the secret of posh china from, well, China.......

Well I thought it was interesting anyway....... :evil:

axelkat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2005, 7:39 pm

TAFKASH wrote:
Interesting fact: We drink tea with milk because English porcelain was pretty rubbish back in the day and had a tendency to crack when boiling water was introduced to it. Putting cold milk in the cup first prolonged the life of ye olde crockery until we nicked the secret of posh china from, well, China.......

That is pretty interesting
A

AegNuddel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Jan 2006, 9:31 pm

Neither. I like soda, hot chocolate, apple and grape juice (sometimes cranberry), and skim or 1/2% milk.

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2006, 1:15 am

I can't drink coffee - the caffeine makes me hyper in a bad way. But the caffeine in black tea is perfect in the morning. I like it with milk and sugar. Yum. I think I'll go make some now.

QuirkyCarla
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2006, 1:54 am

I like both, but prefer the taste of coffee. I drink my coffee with a lot of sugar though.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2006, 2:14 am

I like both coffee and tea. I drink coffee in the morning. I drink tea at night.

Fiat_Lux
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Jan 2006, 6:52 am

I prefer coffee – espresso or cappuccino. For an even more intense coffee hit, try a Turkish coffee. It's got a really thick consistency. I can't have too much, but I do enjoy the flavour.
However, I normally start the day with a herbal tea with a little honey added.

TAFKASH wrote:

English-style tea made with a tea-bag, with lots of milk and sugar? I can’t stand the stuff.

colonel1fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jan 2006, 4:04 pm

I've tried coffee a few times, and I don't like the taste, (once just black, and the other times with flavored creamer in it.) I prefer tea, especially chai tea.