Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

bully_on_speed
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2010, 9:30 pm

hey irish aspies this is where you tell me how great it is there and convince me to move

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2010, 10:02 pm

I love the Southwest Desert, Arizona is beautiful. I like Tucson better than Phoenix myself. But I have lived there for so long and I wanted to be closer to my children. I have been interested in Washington, Oregon and Idaho for a very long time. But now I thought I would try Maryland's Eastern Shore. Then maybe later I will move to the Pacific Northwest. It's so beautiful there. I believe there are many wonderful places to live all over the World. That makes it difficult to decide.

Stone_Man
Toucan
Toucan

10 Apr 2010, 2:54 pm

Taupey wrote:
I love the Southwest Desert, Arizona is beautiful. I like Tucson better than Phoenix myself.

LOL ... I call it "Los Phoenix" ... Los Angeles without the beach. Or movie stars.

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2010, 8:11 pm

Stone_Man wrote:
Taupey wrote:
I love the Southwest Desert, Arizona is beautiful. I like Tucson better than Phoenix myself.

LOL ... I call it "Los Phoenix" ... Los Angeles without the beach. Or movie stars.

:D Los Phoenix, I like it! Oh but there are Movie Stars, Celebrities, Pro Athletes, Writers, etc... in both the Tucson and Los Phoenix areas. Lisa Marie Presley was one of my neighbors.

Stone_Man
Toucan
Toucan

10 Apr 2010, 9:01 pm

Taupey wrote:
Los Phoenix, I like it! Oh but there are Movie Stars, Celebrities, Pro Athletes, Writers, etc... in both the Tucson and Los Phoenix areas. Lisa Marie Presley was one of my neighbors.

You're right, there are. I was mostly just being glib. I believe Paul McCartney still owns a home in Tucson. And of course, Linda Ronstadt, whose family goes back generations. They owned the biggest hardware store in southern Arizona for a long time.

No beaches, though. And nothing like Malibu, the "most expensive sand in the world".

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2010, 9:06 pm

In other timezone. And darker place. I don't care which country, people don't like me anyway :P

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2010, 10:44 pm

SEGA! City

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2010, 10:54 pm

Stone_Man wrote:
Taupey wrote:
Los Phoenix, I like it! Oh but there are Movie Stars, Celebrities, Pro Athletes, Writers, etc... in both the Tucson and Los Phoenix areas. Lisa Marie Presley was one of my neighbors.

You're right, there are. I was mostly just being glib. I believe Paul McCartney still owns a home in Tucson. And of course, Linda Ronstadt, whose family goes back generations. They owned the biggest hardware store in southern Arizona for a long time.

No beaches, though. And nothing like Malibu, the "most expensive sand in the world".

My cousin, Kenna went to school with Linda Ronstadt. Linda doesn't have a house there anymore. She had issues with strip malls. She's living in SF. The Ronstadts are very well known. McCartney Ranch is/was over on the Eastside. I knew a guy who worked for them doing maintence/handyman stuff. He had nothing but wonderful things about Paul and Linda. They used to take long walks along roads sometimes... Is sad she has passed away when she did. They always seemed so well mated. Whenever I think of him, I always think of them both together.