Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2010, 2:09 am

Mum told me that I was born late afternoon. unlike my brothers and sisters who were born early morning.
It was not a traumatic birth.

Dad told me that the doctors asked him and Mum if it was ok if a group of medical students watched the birth.
Dad didn't like the idea, Mum allowed the students to watch.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2010, 2:17 am

Well, i did lack oxygen to the brain when i was born, they had to use forceps to get me out... This is apparently why i've had ADD from birth. :o

PlatedDrake
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2010, 10:35 am

I was born 3 weeks premature (might have been 4), had jaundice, and FTT (failure to thrive).

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2010, 12:27 pm

I was yanked out by foreceps after 36 hours of labor. Does that count?

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2010, 3:39 pm

*raises traumatic baby hand*

The year is still young.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2010, 3:45 pm

My mom was in labor with me for 48 hours and I got very sick right after I was born and I almost died. I needed a oxygen mask and I didn't go home until I was five days old. I was born 12 days after my due date.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2010, 3:58 pm

My autistic brother needed oxygen when he was born. My birth was okay but I was induced and it was a very difficult pregnancy where my mom was pretty ill.

But it's way clearly genetic in our family. Down both sides, my mother's mother's and my father's father's.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2010, 1:26 am

was told i was a precipitous delivery. obviously i have no memory of it myself.

MuayThaiKid
Raven
Raven

11 Apr 2010, 6:07 am

I was born 5 weeks pre-mature, less than 5 pounds. was born with my moms blood in my lungs, so they had to get that out. plus my lungs werent full developed, so the doc's had to give me a steroid to develope them. then i was in an incubator for the first 3 weeks of my life. on top of all that, my dad was in the army and iw as born on an army base, so i was immunized,at birth, premature, without fully developed lungs. IDC what proof anyone can say they have that thermosal doesn't cause autism. Mercury at any level is toxic , end of story. I Blame my aspergers on the U.S. GOV so they can go F*** themselves =)

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2010, 7:07 am

I was 4,5 kg (9,9 lbs) and I should have been born by CS, but doctors insisted on natural. So it was real torment. But I was ok, mature, 10 points etc. My Mum said I was calm and interested in the world, my neck muscles were strong and I could look at everything :D

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2010, 1:52 pm

I had a VERY difficult birth. My mom developed eclampsia and then went into seizures. I was born "the color of a smurf" (dark blue), and was "huffing and puffing like a little steam engine". They didn't even show me to my mom, they immediately took me to ICU and intubated me. A couple hours after the birth they wheeled my mom up to the window, and she was shocked. I was like that for three whole days. Then I went home on the fifth day. Then I went BACK into the hospital on the 10th day because I threw up my milk, because I had horrible acid reflux. I almost died a second time, of starvation, before they figured out a formula that I could keep down. I had a collapsed lung when I was born, so I had to inflate it by huffing and puffing. Yeah, I had a really difficult time. My mom asked the doctors what the effects would be, and they said they didn't know. This was in 1974. When I went autistic at 16 mo the docs didn't know what was wrong, back then the "cold mothering" theory was all the rage and my mom was really sweet and caring so they couldn't see what was in front of their faces.

Darksideblues42
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Apr 2010, 2:34 pm

My Birth was precipitated by a slip and fall by my mother.

I was almost 9 pounds, and my Mother is about 95 Pounds total, so I was nearly 10% of her overall size.

As I was being born, my right shoulder dislocated and my right clavicle broke in 2 places, Neither of which was caught by the doctors (or my parents) I still have a malformed shoulder structure, and endure quite a bit of significant pain as a result. I have had the shoulder rebuilt twice, and it is still not quite right.

Illite
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Apr 2010, 3:28 pm

Mother had to go into the hospital two weeks earlier, and she had preeclampsia and uterine inertia and had to go through induction. She stated that the chi,ld's heart beat stopped several times during the delivery. She had headaches, and she took pain medications. She was 33 years old at that time.

Suppose that counts.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2010, 3:34 pm

My birth and everything was perfectly normal so I can't really say anything but nearly died 2 weeks later after birth after being dropped as a baby.... So I'm not sure if that would count?

rmctagg09
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Apr 2010, 6:09 pm

I was born by C-section and had to stay in the hospital a few days afterwards, though I'm not sure if that would count as traumatic.

katzefrau
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2010, 2:34 am

born several weeks early w/ umbilical cord wrapped around my neck. deprived of oxygen & jaundiced.