I made myself look like an idiot today... :(

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Althea
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Apr 2010, 4:04 am

I make myself look like an idiot alot of the time :D

This week I went into school through the main entrance, where the headmasters office is, and where parents and new people sit if they are waiting to speak to him or something, so you have to be on your best behaviour there and not slam the door, or make the school look bad. So, i saw there was a prospective new student and their parents sat on the bench, so I quietly opened the door and went in to go up the stairs, only to find my bag was hooked around the door handle. Instead of turning around to unhook it, I proceeded to walk backwards and forwards like a robot hoping it might fall off- it didnt, so then i had to spin round and unhook it, and slink off upstairs extremely embarrased, as the other people had been watching this the whole time :oops:

Jpeg
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Apr 2010, 3:24 pm

I do embarrass myself all the time.

KE
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Aug 2010, 9:18 pm

I Do that stuff All the time. It's really annoying. :)

neves
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Aug 2010, 2:38 am

Descartes wrote:
Has anybody else done something at school to make themselves look like complete idiots?

I don't even know where to begin. Last year, my first year of university, I was in a Literary Science 101 (I study Dutch literature) and I was to analyze a short part of a sentence as a literary analysis technique. Now, in the department, much emphasis lies on being able to 'dissect' sentences grammatically. There was one word left ('very') and the professor gave me two options (so, basically, it was an easy 50/50), AND one of them was a verb construct. And I replied: "Uhm, I don't know."

I got a 15-minute rant on how ridiculous that was, and I was too embarrassed to ever participate again.

A few months later, at the end of the year, I finished his class in the top 3 and I'm his personal student assistant now.

Anything can happen, don't worry about it.

Carnione
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Aug 2010, 4:10 am

Descartes wrote:
Has anybody else done something at school to make themselves look like complete idiots?

I think everyone does at some point :D

The most recent... first day at a new school (in which the timetable was completely different and confusing) I accidentally went into the wrong class, it took me a few minutes to realise, and by the time I realised I didn't even know where my next class was located ^^; turned out to be on the other side of the school...