Other Aspies what are the interest you obsess over.

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

skiskunk
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Apr 2010, 7:31 am

SCI-FI use to be an obsession but as i got older computers for ever over-clocking them and adding parts. mostly strategy games and god games i only play. find ways to organise the house so its tidier and organised. but a keen interest in researching problems that other people cant find. oh and reading a book upside down seems a lot easier.

book_noodles
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2010, 7:47 am

Reading... anything. And researching clinical psychology, World War II and the Holocaust. (I haven't yet made the connection between psychology and the last two items...)

one-A-N
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2010, 8:09 am

Historical and comparative linguistics (especially Germanic and Romance). Low German language.
Geological catastrophes (super-volcanoes, huge meteorites).
Genetics and paleo-anthropology.
Worker co-operatives.
Abnormal psychology (a.k.a. what makes me tick: ASD, sound sensitivity, executive dysfunction, alexithymia, introversion, anxiety, depression, genetics of behaviour ...)

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2010, 1:27 pm

Cats! :D I'm fascinated and interested in any aspect of kitty cats, behavior, body langauge, anything. Also certain historical figures. Royalty, especially Spanish and Russian.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

ursaminor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2010, 1:33 pm

Pokemon.
I can count that as an obsession,
The rest are as of now merely interests.
Although they may evolve into obsessions.

Meow101
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2010, 1:34 pm

Science/medicine, languages (right now learning my third), photography, meteorology, music (especially Dan Balan), reading, forensics

~Kate

Si tot mai multe cere.
--Mihai Eminescu

wendigopsychosis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Apr 2010, 2:50 pm

Oh god, I have a lot.
The one I've really had to hide the most (except from close friends, or my aspie boyfriend) is my obsession with searching for and collecting pictures of dead people hahaha. I have a little over 116 MB worth of crime scene/medical reference/autopsy/misc gore photos on my hard drive. I used to have more, but my computer died and I had to get a whole new one (and never made a back up...sob).
And oh boy do I love murder. Serial killers are a particular fascination of mine, as well as mental illnesses that lead to interesting homicidal/suicidal tenancies (see username for example lol).
I just like violence. In a strictly observer only sense, of course.

I still get probing questions from strangers because when I have nothing else to do and can't think of what to draw I draw bones and severed limbs/bleeding people lol. It's just an aesthetic thing, I swear.

As for what I tend to want to talk about (/monologue about): physiology, pathology, medicine, psychoactive chemistry, abnormal psychology, politics (conspiracy theories are fun lol), and misc biology facts (my friends know a lot about duck penises, for example...).

EDIT: Whoa, this is my 100th post! I have a second little rectangle now :)

Xavren
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Apr 2010, 4:28 pm

Darkword wrote:
Abnormal and evolutionary psych, well written/creepy video games, sci fi and new school dark fantasy novels, health and mental acuity.

Edit:Arbitrary capitalization. The grammar is wrong but it still makes sense, so whatever.

I love Silent Hill and Fatal Frame, and this Christmas i found a copy of a game i did not know existed that was horror. Sadly obscure was not a good game for me. I also forgot to mention that as i grew up i formed a slight obsession for philosophy and psychology. I loved the different theory's of people like Skinner or Aristotle. I think the only reason i can keep such a great obsession for games is because i seem to obsess over them one at a time. I deal with one until obsession fades then i move to another. Game count so far is 89 and growing.

I also love cats, but my landlord will not allow cats into the building. They make me feel loved.

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2010, 4:53 pm

SpongeBob, Simpsons, Nickelodeon, Computers, YouTube. But my main obsession is SpongeBob SquarePants! :D

SpongeBobRocksMao!