Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Kassiane
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Apr 2010, 1:45 pm

If you're thinking you might have adrenal insufficiency, see a doctor.

Seriously.

If you go into crisis, first responders aren't going to be looking for that. They're going to be doing everything BUT giving you steroids, unless you have a bracelet that says "adrenal insufficiency". If you get confused and therefore noncooperative, they may even make it worse. This extra sucks, because you can die that way.

The internet isn't a doctor. But doctors are.

Not like I've ever confusedly taken a swing at a paramedic during an adrenal crisis or anything...oh wait, I totally did.

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2010, 3:00 pm

Kassiane wrote:
If you're thinking you might have adrenal insufficiency, see a doctor.

Seriously.

If you go into crisis, first responders aren't going to be looking for that. They're going to be doing everything BUT giving you steroids, unless you have a bracelet that says "adrenal insufficiency". If you get confused and therefore noncooperative, they may even make it worse. This extra sucks, because you can die that way.

The internet isn't a doctor. But doctors are.

Not like I've ever confusedly taken a swing at a paramedic during an adrenal crisis or anything...oh wait, I totally did.

That is probably better advice than what I said...I just try to not make a big deal out of my health stuff. Yes, if you have a feeling that you could have adrenal problems, it's a good idea to get checked out. I hate making a big deal out of it, but the truth is you (and I) can die in a crisis.

Ha, I've never had near enough energy to take a swing at someone in a crisis. There were times I probably purposely would have if I had the energy, though. I get so fed up sometimes, going to the ER and having to explain my condition :x