Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

sketches
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Apr 2010, 3:27 pm

WOW! I went shopping today with 2 goals: shorts and sandals.

When I walked into GAP, a lady asked me if she could help me. I told her I'm looking for shorts. She told me all shorts today are 30% off, and she pointed to the different types. I was looking for something not too short. She helped me find a pair with the length I wanted. Also: the GAP sizes were a bit funky -- I usually wear 5s and 7s but they had sizes like 29/0 and 26/2!! (Weird.) I asked her, "What size do you think I take?" and said to her I didn't understand their size system.

1. She explained their sizes.
2. She told me what size I looked like. (My normal size is apparently way too big for me.)

She gathered some pairs for me to try on, and I tried them, and she helped out a LOT! I bought 2 pairs that fit perfectly -- and are way smaller than what I'd normally wear.

Also, I walked into DSW, and when someone asked me if she could help me, I said something like," I'm looking for sandals... in the $20 range." She hunted some down for me to try on, and they worked great. I ended up buying only 1 pair which were discounted.

Yay, discounts and good customer service! :cheers:

To all the lady shoppers out there: Have you ever had an experience like this? Are salespeople this friendly & helpful to you?

LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2010, 3:49 pm

I'm glad for you about your nice experiences.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2010, 4:14 pm

I'm happy that you had a great experience. :)

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2010, 4:24 pm

:P Everybody loves a smooth transaction with a happy ending.

Snootchies. :wink:

TheLastVictorian
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Apr 2010, 6:34 pm

I don't give the salespeople a chance to help me - I just say "i'm fine" even if I have no idea what I'm looking at :wink:

To derail za thread - does no store still carry those big bright closed toe sandal things that were so popular a couple of years ago and are supposed to be comfortable?

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 8:42 am

TheLastVictorian wrote:
To derail za thread - does no store still carry those big bright closed toe sandal things that were so popular a couple of years ago and are supposed to be comfortable?

Those are called crocs. I don't know which stores have them, since I never cared for them in the first place. But the demand for them is still there, so they gotta be out there somewhere.