Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

antique_toy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Apr 2010, 10:20 pm

if i want to get dinner/see a movie tomorrow! heh. i am rarely rarely ever asked this sort of question so naturally i'm stoked.
but now for the bad news: he temporarily lost interest and kind of avoided me for a bit. we're just now talking again but i can tell it's a one-sided kind of thing.
sooo...
how can i let him know that i want to without sounded uber eager yet at the same time show grace and confidence?
i honestly don't know what to say. am i supposed to pick one of those options or just say yes? how should i phrase things? any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sound
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2010, 10:52 pm

"Hey! You want to get together Friday?"

It's okay to take the lead, and it's okay to be interested. In theory, the confident person wouldn't worry about it, and say directly what's on their mind. I know it's not nearly so simple when you're trying to get away from being nervous, though....

antique_toy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Apr 2010, 1:43 am

Sound wrote:
"Hey! You want to get together Friday?"

It's okay to take the lead, and it's okay to be interested. In theory, the confident person wouldn't worry about it, and say directly what's on their mind. I know it's not nearly so simple when you're trying to get away from being nervous, though....

i just ended up saying "yes, i would. either one of those things would be nice. have you any ideas?"
does that sound bad? too submissive? >.<

Sound
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2010, 4:38 am

Thats quite fine.

Basically, if you can imagine how you'd respond if you were entirely relaxed, and in a good mood, then just about anything you said while in that state would come off well.