Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

sara_emt91
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 May 2011, 9:14 pm

I felt like my symptoms got much worse around 16. I'm now 19 and it doesn't seem to show any signs of improving. I used to be able to hide being shy and awkward very well, its almost non-existant anymore.

Asperger's is a chronic problem, just like asthma or diabetes. Symptoms really can vary day to day. Some days, its not a problem. Other days, I am thinking 'f**k the world' because I get so frustrated by other people and their BS!

Symptoms can change overtime, but at some point you wonder if its Asperger's, or something else. Anxiety, depression, medication, stress... can really add to the symptoms and severity. For me, several traumatic events led to what I feel as the worsening of my symptoms. Or it can be a mood thing. It can have many factors.

dancinonwater
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jul 2011, 1:11 am

sinsboldly wrote:
we become more aware of how we actually are when we mature. Sometimes this seems like we are 'getting worse' but actually we are only becoming more aware.

that has been my experience, anyway, your mileage may vary. :wink:

Merle

I also feel this way. Ialso thought that i was getting worse, until my mom told my therapist that she feels that things have been better lately. I realized that i was now just more aware of my actions and issues. When i was younger i had no idea that i was weird or acted different than other people, but now that i think about how people reacted, i realize that i always was this way!

loveashley
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Jul 2011, 8:48 pm

I feel I am being pushed away from people because of the way I act. I get along better with little kids than people my own age. My fits are starting to come back. My brother hates me, he makes me sad...