why women to date jerks, but chase after them also?

Page 3 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 11:15 am

I always thought it was an insecurity issue.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 11:34 am

What I'm still wondering is how much can women shift this urge to be gratified in healthy territories or alternate means? Both genders have destructive sides/urges to their sexuality, I'm just wondering what helps women get their heads around this.

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 2:15 pm

Tias wrote:
Sedaka wrote:
Perhaps it comes down to the biological ideal that women are the choosers due to the amount of investment in offspring and chasing after the jerks at least allows for an assessment of the worth of their inherent biological value.

What I mean is that dating a "nice guy" gives no indicator of serious evaluation of the value of the female in the relationship... Due to eagerness (desperation some would say)... but just kind of automatic approval from the nice guy for the girl. This could lead to a false positive assessment of the female's worth... Whereas chasing after the "jerk" gives an active process of evaluating the female's status. It's kind of like what H_B was sayin in her post.... They want that approval from the jerk cause it's perhaps not given so freely. I'm just tryin to explain why that might be.

idk.

If that really is the case with women, or something along those lines, then:
1. What a load of crap.
2. I seriously overestimated the females then.

But luckely this isn't how every female is.

Seems about as plausible as men losing interest after sex. These would be situations crux-ed on validation.

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

Tias
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 4:02 pm

Sedaka wrote:
Tias wrote:
Sedaka wrote:
Perhaps it comes down to the biological ideal that women are the choosers due to the amount of investment in offspring and chasing after the jerks at least allows for an assessment of the worth of their inherent biological value.

What I mean is that dating a "nice guy" gives no indicator of serious evaluation of the value of the female in the relationship... Due to eagerness (desperation some would say)... but just kind of automatic approval from the nice guy for the girl. This could lead to a false positive assessment of the female's worth... Whereas chasing after the "jerk" gives an active process of evaluating the female's status. It's kind of like what H_B was sayin in her post.... They want that approval from the jerk cause it's perhaps not given so freely. I'm just tryin to explain why that might be.

idk.

If that really is the case with women, or something along those lines, then:
1. What a load of crap.
2. I seriously overestimated the females then.

But luckely this isn't how every female is.

Seems about as plausible as men losing interest after sex. These would be situations crux-ed on validation.

Ah, well i'm not like that, thats for sure xD