Am I the only physically attractive aspie?

Page 3 of 6 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

monsterland
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2010, 3:32 pm

JohnG wrote:
To NT standards I mean. I somehow get the feeling that people think I am a handsome/physically attractive guy. My mom says so.

Your mom tells me I'm attractive too.

P.S. call me "dad".

Mouldy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Apr 2010, 4:21 pm

Lol :P

Your mom told me..... Nah im not that mean :D

My favorite letter is the squiggly! ~ :D

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2010, 4:47 pm

Enough - wholly inappropriate, folks.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Mouldy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Apr 2010, 4:59 pm

Agreed let's just get back to the subject...

To be honest i think alot of aspies could be attractive i mean AS affects social stuff not anything to do with looks :?

My favorite letter is the squiggly! ~ :D

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2010, 1:48 am

Mouldy wrote:
@ GoatOnFire

Are you calling me a hairless monkey?? :cry:

Well that was aimed at the human race because they are all hairless monkeys, so if you are a human, yes. No need to get upset, I hear that human females are sometimes attracted to the hairless monkey look.

Now back on topic, to answer the OP's question seriously, certainly not. There's over 6 billion people in the world. About 1 in 150 (my numbers might be off) are on the spectrum so that makes over 40 million aspies. What do you think the odds are that you are the only physically attractive one out of 40+ million?

And by physically attractive I am assuming that that means above average in whatever constitutes physical attractiveness which can't even be truly quantified because beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2010, 7:12 am

Just remember that it's not the looks that are killing us, it's our actual personalities. It doesn't matter how good looking you are; if you don't got the right personality, it will do you no good if you have some good looks. Confidence is key which most of us lack.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."

MikeP1970
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 May 2010, 9:23 am

I was called Mr GQ at a previous job. My pitiful social skills led many women to believe that I was a snob because I kept to myself.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2010, 6:55 pm

bully on speed says:

dont see a question here just this guy jerking his ego off

I agree :thumright:

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2010, 7:01 pm

Mouldy asks:

Well take a look at my display picture i took it not so long ago so i dunno you guys tell me how you think i look

you look fine.

lennyk
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 May 2010, 8:44 pm

same here, I've pissed off quite a few girls who were interested, if only I could go back in time and do something else.

did you get any magic pill to fix your social skills ?

MikeP1970 wrote:
I was called Mr GQ at a previous job. My pitiful social skills led many women to believe that I was a snob because I kept to myself.

FreeSpirit2000
Toucan
Toucan

10 May 2010, 11:06 pm

Darkword wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic over the interwebs, especially when I don't know you that well!

Hahahaha can someone say good one :D

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2010, 11:41 pm

monsterland wrote:
JohnG wrote:
To NT standards I mean. I somehow get the feeling that people think I am a handsome/physically attractive guy. My mom says so.

Your mom tells me I'm attractive too.

P.S. call me "dad".

:lol: :lmao:

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2010, 2:37 am

my mustache is sexy

FM_Mood
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 May 2010, 6:07 am

asobi_seksu wrote:
I think sometimes being a female aspie can be like being cast as the faded southern bell in a tennessee williams play 0_0
I have zero self esteem and in the realm of relationship I'm pretty avoidant and not that bothered by lust...Platonic love is all I need and I have a tendency to come off as flirting with males friends when I'm just trying to be friendly.i have a bit of a dreamy shy air about me as well so I think that affects relationships as well.

Hey, random thought, just wanted to say for what it's worth I love the band Asobi Seksu. I know a lot of people were disappointed that Hush was so pop-oriented, but personally I'm a much bigger fan of indie/pop than shoegaze so as much as I thought Citrus was awesome, Hush was a step in the right direction. Also is it a bit ethnocentric that I like Fujiya & Miyagi (pretend Japanese band) better than Mono (real Japanese band), or does personal taste supersede such pretensions?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2010, 8:28 pm

Back when I was in highschool I had the most attractive/popular girls interested - at least before they knew that I was different, alternative, whatever. To be of benefit though - you really have to have a very standard, currently-in-vogue personality, otherwise you just won't find anyone out there - whether your the loner, the dashing rebel, even a slight blend of both, marching to the beat of your own drum tends to come with a price in the relationship world.

Looks, even good nature and good looks, needless to say - work for being able to look in the mirror, maybe get a job a little quicker or noticed faster by a waitress or bartender. The rest is charisma.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2010, 9:28 pm

You're a beautiful boy John G.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAb-7-G5eBA

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAb-7-G5eBA[/youtube]