Am I the only physically attractive aspie?

Page 5 of 6 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Growlithe
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Jan 2013, 9:12 pm

There can be attractive aspies.

Many people with aspies can become average or even be above-average if they cared about how they look. For instance, not combing their hair, dressing in sloppy clothes, person hygeine, etc.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2013, 9:51 pm

Attractiveness is subjective. Unless of course you're a male/female supermodel with perfect proportions and a perfect face (which is extremely, extremely rare).

I think what a lot of aspies don't realize is that complimenting people on their looks is a social nicety that most people engage in on a daily basis - and exaggerating the truth or telling white lies is a standard part of the process.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2013, 9:56 pm

When I finished school and people actually started wanting to talk to me I couldn't understand for a while why the compliments I received were so disproportionate to what I saw when I looked in the mirror, as I took every appearance-based compliment I received literally rather than understanding them to be the most flattering version of the truth.

I hope this makes sense. I think this is why a lot of aspies feel overwhelmed and confused by so many people apparently considering them to be extremely attractive.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 5:44 pm

JohnG wrote:
To NT standards I mean. I somehow get the feeling that people think I am a handsome/physically attractive guy. My mom says so. Even my IM buddy said so when I sent a picture of my face to him. I also started working out on the first day of March. I work out with dumbbells and machines 3 days in a week and in the future I also plan to do cardio on the rest of the 4 ddays of the week so I can keep myself with that lean and toned muscular look. I say that my outlook on myself is a far cry from a couple years ago.

So, yeah, I may be somewhat-wildly physically attractive, but I still don't quite have much social skills still.

if you are able to get girls then definetley you are

Growlithe
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Feb 2013, 3:01 pm

yup you are.

Face it, we aspergerians aren't known for our looks.

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2013, 3:06 pm

Speak for yourself, I'm sexy as f**k.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

27 Feb 2013, 4:03 pm

No, you're the only one on earth. Your Mom clearly thinks you're special; therefore, you are.

bruinsy33
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Mar 2013, 12:19 am

Homer_Bob wrote:
Just remember that it's not the looks that are killing us, it's our actual personalities. It doesn't matter how good looking you are; if you don't got the right personality, it will do you no good if you have some good looks. Confidence is key which most of us lack.
There is truth in this statement.Many Aspies do not have the ''right'' personality to attract certain types of women, at least in the traditional way.That doesn't imply there isn't someone for an Aspie but it would likely be a step in the right direction if one recognizes their own weaknesses and work around them.For example,I am not someone who could attract anyone by going to a bar.I am too uncomfortable in that kind of setting,so why go out to them?

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

02 Mar 2013, 1:53 am

bruinsy33 wrote:
Homer_Bob wrote:
Just remember that it's not the looks that are killing us, it's our actual personalities. It doesn't matter how good looking you are; if you don't got the right personality, it will do you no good if you have some good looks. Confidence is key which most of us lack.
There is truth in this statement.Many Aspies do not have the ''right'' personality to attract certain types of women, at least in the traditional way.That doesn't imply there isn't someone for an Aspie but it would likely be a step in the right direction if one recognizes their own weaknesses and work around them.For example,I am not someone who could attract anyone by going to a bar.I am too uncomfortable in that kind of setting,so why go out to them?

If you at least have decent looks, you can get NT's who only care about sex. For guys, this usually means hippie feminist types. For girls, you have a wide variety of options from which to choose, but don't expect them to stick around.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2013, 7:03 pm

A person who has to tell others how attractive they are is not all that attractive as a person in my opinion

If you're attractive people tell you, you don't need to tell others

hence I'm always a little bit suspicious as to exactly how attractive all these 'I'm really hot' people really are :wink:

Attractive in terms of unassumingness and modesty - nope

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2013, 7:48 pm

^^^You don't need to be unassuming and modest when you're as drop dead gorgeous as I am.

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2013, 8:02 pm

You guys should be aware that this thread was originally posted three years ago

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2013, 9:15 pm

nessa238 wrote:
hence I'm always a little bit suspicious as to exactly how attractive all these 'I'm really hot' people really are :wink:

BooToMostStuff
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Mar 2013, 10:09 pm

JohnG wrote:
To NT standards I mean. I somehow get the feeling that people think I am a handsome/physically attractive guy. My mom says so. Even my IM buddy said so when I sent a picture of my face to him. I also started working out on the first day of March. I work out with dumbbells and machines 3 days in a week and in the future I also plan to do cardio on the rest of the 4 ddays of the week so I can keep myself with that lean and toned muscular look. I say that my outlook on myself is a far cry from a couple years ago.

So, yeah, I may be somewhat-wildly physically attractive, but I still don't quite have much social skills still.

I get the very same feeling. I;m so often gawped at by the overly hormonal majority of the screwed up 20-30 age generation I've concluded that I'm most likely have an above average attractive look. People of my age would find that flattering and something to feel good, but I don't, in fact I hate that sort of attention so much I either ignore it completely or deliberately use body language to make myself seem like a complete dickhead who is not worth getting involved with. But not matter how offensive I try and make it people just don't get the fact that I just want to be LEFT ALONE, so I may just resort of verbal abuse.

This is probably because I'm someone who CAN keep his hormones under control and doesn't think about sex every second throughout my sad and dragging little life.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2013, 6:41 am

Shatbat wrote:
You guys should be aware that this thread was originally posted three years ago

yeah, time to let it die.