Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2010, 3:43 pm

sometimes? more like all the time it seems-I can walk into a room and notice if someone moved a chair or took a sharpie off the desk but I cant remember why I went into the room in the first place because I can be a scatterbrain.

LovingHappiness
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Nov 2010, 2:36 am

I tend to misplace things a lot and when I go to fetch something I think about stuff and forget what I went for and sometimes I'll open a new window on the computer and forget what I wanted to search for or why I went to a particular website.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2010, 10:24 am

I'm not like that - I just forget to do things what most adults remember to do naturally, without having to be reminded. Every time I walk out the front door to go to work, I always realise I've forgotten to do something. Usually I forget to look at my face in a mirror before going out (my mum says everyone should always do that to check if any food was round the mouth or something). And if I remember to do that, I bet you I'll have forgotten to do something else, like put lipstick on.

It's like I haven't learnt to be self-reliant yet. When will I learn?

Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Nov 2010, 12:11 pm

A lot,for example two hours ago. and i was delivering mail ( i am a postman) and a man said "Hello !"
I heard the word but my mind was far off,so i forgot to answer.
Then he said "Are you deaf"?" I thought what a strange question. Why on earth is he asking if i am deaf.
Can this man recognize deaf people,but i am not deaf i thought
Then i connect the "dots",but these things can happen when you very absent minded.
And in general i lose on a regular basis my keys,forget things to buy in a shop and so on.

irishwhistle
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2010, 12:34 pm

42 - He sounds like a jerk, actually. Anyone could be in the middle of a thought and not notice something as small as a hello.

Anyway... Yes, I am absent-minded. It's the rule, not the exception. It is a matter of almost absolute certainty that if I think of something I want to remember it will be gone as soon as I look at something else. Sometimes I recover it and write it down, sometimes I have to wait until circumstances bring it to the surface again. This can go on for weeks if I don't get a pen fast enough. It is especially awkward in the case of toilet rolls.

The world loves diversity... as long as it's pretty, makes them look smart and doesn't put them out in any way.

There's the road, and the road less traveled, and then there's MY road.