Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2010, 8:27 pm

I swear when I troll on X-box live. I tend to pretend that I'm a gamer from Vietnam and will talk with a Vietnamese accent I developed by imitating my friend from vietnam. When people criticize the accent, I cuss them out just for fun, but normally, I'm very cool headed.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2010, 9:58 pm

Alone In The Dark (360) had me cussing a blue streak. I've put it aside for a while and moved on to another game.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2010, 10:49 pm

Guilty as charged. Recently I rented Armored Core: For Answer from the local Hastings to play on 360. The game is fun and all but some of the harder missions, especially when you have to fight some of the other NEXT pilots, had me dropping more F-bombs than real ones :)

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

Ravenitrius
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 12:55 am

All the time on the TF2 server I hang out on. Is not "Family Orientated" server.

Amadeus
Raven
Raven

09 May 2010, 7:10 am

FPS and games that track your kill/death ratio are the ones that I’ve found myself usually swearing like a marine at, especially if I'm a bad run. Strange thing is, I'm more prone to rage while playing on a console than the PC.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 10:12 am

Amadeus wrote:
I'm more prone to rage while playing on a console than the PC.

Of course. PCs often have console commands and cheat codes to help you get past what's ticking you off. :lol:

CaptainIrate
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 May 2010, 3:39 pm

Swear when I play games? Well, generally no. But I have set combo-breaking world records of swears twice. The first time was when I was fighting the spiderball boss in Metroid Prime 2. It was the part when you have to push the switches in ball form in an extremely timley manner. A single false move and you have to start over. I was just about ready to smash my gamecube with a sledge hammer. The second time was the chocobo races in Final Fantasy X. I would be banned for saying the things I was prepared to do in my fury. I was one of the unlucky ones for whom it took 5-6 hours of repetitive chocobo racing to win. It was so terrible that I seem to have blocked the memory, so I don't even remember why I was doing it. Something about Tidus' ultimate weapon. Anyway, Somewhere after 3 1/2 hours I believe I lost my sanity and occaisionally laughed hysterically, with comments about god hating me and Squaresoft employees conspiring against me. Those two weeks of recovery were a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Other than that, I also sometimes swear when being spawncamped, especially in Team Fortress 2. Again, usually I don't swear when playing video games.

Tomapella

09 May 2010, 9:58 pm

It's funny, most of the time I barely swear at all, especially around other people, but when I'm playing video games it just kinda comes out naturally. I've been playing Mario Kart Wii a lot over the past week and that has to be one of the most swear-inducing games in existence. A typical excerpt: *@#$%^& BLUE SHELL WHAT THE @#$% YOU @#$%^&* RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE #$%^&*( FINISH LINE AHHHH $#^&! !!

black_legion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 May 2010, 8:10 am

to be honest, i swear uite often when i'm playing multiplayer games such as halo and MW2, but that's because they are honestly irritating, if it's my freinds, it's a completely different story.

Paganpothead
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 May 2010, 7:33 pm

I don't get mad at games, but my friend Cusses a lot when we play Left 4 Dead, and it confuses me if he is mad or not.

Malbred

10 May 2010, 9:04 pm

never really cared for l4d but my dormmate really enjoys it. He stopped letting me use his xbox 360 though after I beat him in all of his video games... : / I don't care much for losing, you see...

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2010, 1:56 am

Malbred wrote:
never really cared for l4d but my dormmate really enjoys it. He stopped letting me use his xbox 360 though after I beat him in all of his video games... : / I don't care much for losing, you see...
Winning all the time gets boring when no one wants to play anymore. It is not all about winning, sometimes it's about getting to play, Fake losing sometimes.

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2010, 7:30 pm

Tomapella wrote:
It's funny, most of the time I barely swear at all, especially around other people, but when I'm playing video games it just kinda comes out naturally. I've been playing Mario Kart Wii a lot over the past week and that has to be one of the most swear-inducing games in existence. A typical excerpt: *@#$%^& BLUE SHELL WHAT THE @#$% YOU @#$%^&* RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE #$%^&*( FINISH LINE AHHHH $#^&! !!

Hahahaha, you're not the only one who feels this way.

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2010, 9:26 pm

Naw. If a game is being a b***h, I cheat! I don't do it often, but if the game is no longer fun then why not?

If I have to jump over some obstacle set up just so to give us no margin for error, and end up falling into an endless abyss over and over and over AND OVER, to hell with it I'll just noclip over the abyss. No sense in getting angered at something which should be fun.

Groltag
Raven
Raven

16 May 2010, 7:33 am

Whenever I'm playing MW2 online, I'm usually shouting obsenities and the like. :lol:

right-hand-child
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 May 2010, 3:55 pm

the short answer would be "no". the full answer would be "F*** ON A PIECE OF S*** YEEEAAAHHH!! ! DXXXX"

i cant get out of this habit on cod and the likes