Do you stalk people's facebook profiles?

Page 2 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

squonk
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 11:30 am

WhiteRaven_214 wrote:
YESSSSSSSSSSSS :D

Quote:
Facebook is evil anyway.

DER DER DER, DOE DEE DER, DOE DEE DER,

DAA DAA DAA, DOE DEE DER, DOE DEE DER,

DERRR, DOE, DAA DERRR, DOE DAA-DUM-AAA-DUM, DAA DER.... :twisted:

Not sure about this WhiteRaven, maybe you agree and then maybe you don't! :lol:

bggallag
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Oct 2010, 4:25 pm

I wouldn't call it "stalking", but a friend of mine posts her grandson's pics up for people to see and I look at those, because he's a cute kid. And I check out family members to see what they're up to, and a certain crush of mine. lol. But that's it. No more than ordinary people I think.

I actually heard a friend of mine call it "stalker feed", relating to the friend feed on there.

A social for Annapolis, MD area adults with Asperger's. The social meets on the last Friday of the month. (21 years of age and older). Cards & board games &snacks. More info on fb page. http://www.facebook.com/Annapolis.Adults.Aspergers

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 5:28 pm

pumibel wrote:
I am the opposite. I find Facebook to be exhausting and confusing. I find people discover me and add me in cycles, mainly because one person finds me, then a mutual friend sees my name in that persons contacts, etc. I accept most requests, and respond to my wall and my messages when I can. I just have some issues getting around Facebook- too much going on. I only signed up because I was looking for my estranged brother who I have only met once, and then everybody found me.

So to answer you- no I dont stalk profiles.

This is exactly why I never joined. It is hard enough to manage my WP, email and Flickr pages, to me Facebook looks like really high maintenance, and people would get upset if you didnt reply to stuff they sent... so I have opted to stay away from it.

Taking a break.

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 8:32 pm

It's so tedious, I can't stand looking at it, nor do I care for most of the drivel people post on it. It feels like an awful waste of time and really, I don't want all those goblins from my past trying to strike up conversations with me again. I stopped engaging with them for a reason.

Stellar
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 10:31 pm

Nope I'm not really interested in Facebook but maybe someday I will be a Facebook stalker 8O

archigallus
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Oct 2010, 12:32 pm

I don't do social networking, so Facebook is really out of the question.
I never stalk people, but sometimes I do some research about an individual that I've found interesting.

prawny2000
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Oct 2010, 1:06 pm

the only people i have been known to stalk on facebook are ex's
i have some obsessive need to know im in a better place than they are lol

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 12:36 am

Always...this is something I'd only admit on here, though.

I stalk everyone I can, but usually the people I find the most interesting, as well as the 4-5 guys on my list that I have crushes on. :P

Often I dream about who my ideal friends would be: artsy, irreverent, random and into all the same bands and movies I like: and then I search for them through friends and friends-of-friends. I've found a few suitable candidates, but I will never contact them. Only dream.

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

Azolet
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Oct 2010, 9:58 am

Guilty. "People" is one of my special interests - thus, I do enjoy facebook stalking.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 11:30 am

I do everything incognito. One friend who went AWOL on me, I had to type her name on Google, to find out what was going on, because she went from open and friendly, to being secretive and standoffish (yet she accused me of not communicating or being open with her, when in fact, I was *more* open than she was).

It turned out she married a guy with a drinking problem and drives 90 miles one way to a part-time job, because she can't find anything in her immediate area, because her wasted husband doesn't want to move. She puts up with all that, because her biggest fear is having to give somebody emotional support.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 11:53 am

You know if you put something up on the internet which is effectively as good as a public document expect people to read it, simple really?

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 12:52 am

I only tried to get active on Facebonk recently, because my favourite old listservs had died. I re-discovered some of the guys from them, but they are mostly posting about their distractions, not their projects. I was a bit puzzled about what shows up on my "wall" and not getting answers to things I posted. Turns out that it is not a simple process at all, and is designed for the company, not for you.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and- ... secrets/3/

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 1:28 am

I care about other people's profile just as much as I care about tax policy in Uzbekistan.

Last edited by Booyakasha on 19 Oct 2010, 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 1:36 am

No but I've been stalked.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 2:59 am

Who doesn't?