Do you stalk people's facebook profiles?

Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2010, 3:30 pm

Whenever I added another friend, I would take a quick look at their profile. Ok, so I made this thread because I just added this international student who is from France and its so interesting to see his status in french and all wall posts in french. I also clicked into his friends profiles (as much as I can see them possible) to see how much french and english is in their profiles and there were a little bit of english like one of them had a page of The Simpsons in english.

Anyway, I just love to look around. I don't mean any mischief or harm to anyone.

Another time, I just started to click on someone's friend and then click on their friend and then their friend and so on and I got to a point where everyone was black and I clicked until I saw a white person again. Yes, its weird but its really fun and interesting to see that it takes a while to see a person of another race if you happen to have gone into some "circle of friends" of a particular race.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2010, 3:37 pm

Yes I do. If someone adds me and doesn't even tell me who they are, I look at their profile to see if I know them from somewhere. But with my old school mates, I don't really need to look at their profiles because I already know who they are just by their name. Unless their name was different, I would look at it and see what they have.

pumibel
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2010, 4:25 pm

I am the opposite. I find Facebook to be exhausting and confusing. I find people discover me and add me in cycles, mainly because one person finds me, then a mutual friend sees my name in that persons contacts, etc. I accept most requests, and respond to my wall and my messages when I can. I just have some issues getting around Facebook- too much going on. I only signed up because I was looking for my estranged brother who I have only met once, and then everybody found me.

So to answer you- no I dont stalk profiles.

Epilefftic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 May 2010, 4:28 pm

I do not accept friend requests unless I personally have met the person, or they have at least three mutual friends with me (unless they also left a message explaining why they friended me).

That being said, here is a wonderful cover of Enrique Iglesias' 'Hero' explaining Facebook stalking
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FahBBnfHAQ[/youtube]

Darkword
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2010, 5:04 pm

I'm always a bit quizzical when I get a friend request from someone I know nothing about. If I feel I'd need to peruse their wall to find out who they are, I generally just don't accept the request(or rather just let it hang in the air, never actually rejecting it).

Sort of a dick that way, don't like communicating or getting to know people unless I really have to or there is some reason to(or I have a strong feeling we'd get along, but that really just doesn't happen). I rarely find someone with whom I don't find conversation with to be boring.

And there is really nothing worse then a boring conversation. Except I suppose repeating that boring conversation over and over because me and this person have absolutely nothing else in common.

-rant off.

to answer directly, no, because I wouldn't want someone to stalk me through mine.

kaitlyn_loves_music
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 May 2010, 5:34 pm

1. if they deny me ill just stalk them more
2. if im too afraid to add them cuz i dont know them personally
3. or if they are in my friends list anyways i can stalk them whenever i want
im not that creepy tho we all do it....facebook creep lmao :lol:
i actually deny some friend request sometimes if we have no friends in common mostly hanson friends add me so we have lots of friends in common so its all good :)
btw that song is funny :lol:

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2010, 6:25 pm

I lurk around people's profiles but not stalk... I'm not a facebook regular so you guys don't have to worry about me stalking. :)

GriffinGuitar12
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 May 2010, 8:08 pm

All the time, lol :P Though I see nothing wrong with it unless it's been used as a means of threatening another person (which I would never do)

Leander
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 May 2010, 10:07 pm

I don't stalk, but have occasionally wandered into the profiles of people who are friends of friends. It has the same kind of appeal as people-watching when out in public places; I can't help it.

Recently I found that a good childhood friend of mine was on my mother's friend list, and couldn't resist poking through her album. I hadn't seen her for over 15 years and was curious to see where she was in life. I should have contacted her, but never worked up the courage.

Facebook is largely a one-way thing to me, anyway. I barely interact myself (besides clicking the "like" button occasionally), and just use it as a way of keeping up to date with what's going on with my family, now that I'm living on the other side of the world to them.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2010, 10:11 pm

I stalk people's FB profiles all the time, especially if it's someone whom I think is hot. :lol:

Like an earlier poster said, I don't really see the harm in stalking someone's profile as long as you have no ill-will toward them.

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2010, 11:42 pm

I also lurk around people's youtube channels even though I don't have one myself.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2010, 11:54 pm

Sure I do.

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2010, 12:12 am

Man, is youtube the new facebook now? Everyone seems to have it. I don't have the time right now to manage a youtube channel.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2010, 12:26 am

jc6chan wrote:
Man, is youtube the new facebook now? Everyone seems to have it. I don't have the time right now to manage a youtube channel.

Why is that?

All you got to do is put your name, profile (optional) and add or upload videos which is also optional.

I couldn't for the life of me keep up with facebook, too many chatty kathies >_<

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2010, 12:33 am

MissConstrue wrote:
chatty kathies >_<

I never heard that expression before. Interesting.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2010, 1:04 am

I don't stalk people on Facebook, since I've stopped going there.

I do, however, stalk people on DeviantArt.