Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 2:37 pm

Yesterday it was "lets take pictures of the grandkids" I said this 2-3 times (so I wouldn't forget) Last night while at dinner I asked my sister to take a pic of me/friend (2-3 times) so I wouldn't forget (I also planned how I was going to do the pic LOL!) Mom hates I get obsessive and just focus on one thing. If I'm not mistaken this is a CLEAR! Aspie trait but was curious if anyone else "focuses" like this?

rmgh
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 2:46 pm

Yes, this can be a problem for me when in conversations with family or guests. The group will move on to discuss other things and I will keep bringing it back to that one thing. I won't be able to listen to what else is being said for thinking about that one thing.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 3:07 pm

I do that a lot too, sometimes to the point of annoying others. The most recent one has been reminding my parents that Alice in Wonderland becomes available for purchase on June 1st.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 4:51 pm

I find that I get focussed on what CD or DVD I'm going to order, next. I also become very focussed on WrongPlanet.

ColdBlooded
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 5:23 pm

DEFINITELY! Even outside of special interests, there are little things throughout the day that i get stuck on, your example was a good one. Exactly like that. On a smaller scale, it could even be something like focusing on something i see moving when i'm bored.(my parents say that even when i was a baby and they swung me in the baby swing, i would watch the little swingy mechanism up at the top and fixate on that instead of just having fun in the swing)

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 8:00 pm

Yes, I do. Like, I will focus on something like, we're out of milk, and I remind my parents all the time. However, I eventually realize too late that we were out of cereal as well. :lol:

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain