Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 May 2010, 9:06 am

who likes naruto

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 9:07 am

I used to watch it and read the manga but I haven't in quite a while.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

FlowerGirl12
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 May 2010, 9:18 am

who is your favorite character

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 9:58 am

Sakura and Tsunade.

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 10:17 am

I do not watch overrated and generic series that blatantly steal from every other good series. Also series wheres every single character is an anime stereotype pisses me off as well. It also feels like Kishimoto is just continiuing the series with no idea as to were he is going he just wants to make more money and hope to someday become more popular than One Piece (which it will not as One piece is far superior in every way)

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 10:54 am

When I was 15, I was obsessed with Naruto. My favorite characters were Orochimaru, Jiraiya and Tsunade. BTW, my birthday is the same as Jiraiya's. :)

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 11:11 am

The series is alright, though far from my favourite, every so often it becomes an interest of mine, I watch it dubbed.
I like Shikimaru, I like how he thinks to win. Sai has also proven rather enjoyable so far.

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 1:07 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
When I was 15, I was obsessed with Naruto. My favorite characters were Orochimaru, Jiraiya and Tsunade. BTW, my birthday is the same as Jiraiya's. :)

Jiraiya was killed in the series wasn't he? :?

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 5:02 pm

Xenu wrote:
I do not watch overrated and generic series that blatantly steal from every other good series. Also series wheres every single character is an anime stereotype pisses me off as well. It also feels like Kishimoto is just continiuing the series with no idea as to were he is going he just wants to make more money and hope to someday become more popular than One Piece (which it will not as One piece is far superior in every way)

Except that One Piece does pretty much the same thing as Naruto, only they're pirates.

I like it in the same way I like watching cartoons; when I watch/read it it's to be entertained without having to think. That's pretty much it, when I want a deep story and truly interesting characters I watch/read other things.

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 6:34 pm

Lecks wrote:
Xenu wrote:

Except that One Piece does pretty much the same thing as Naruto, only they're pirates.

I like it in the same way I like watching cartoons; when I watch/read it it's to be entertained without having to think. That's pretty much it, when I want a deep story and truly interesting characters I watch/read other things.

I lol'd hard. The characters in One Piece actually have depth to them and the plot is well thought out and perfectly written and Oda at least knows where he is going with this series. (however you may have only been exposed to the god awful dub which than I can understand you misconception about One Piece.)

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2010, 7:47 am

Xenu wrote:
I lol'd hard. The characters in One Piece actually have depth to them and the plot is well thought out and perfectly written and Oda at least knows where he is going with this series. (however you may have only been exposed to the god awful dub which than I can understand you misconception about One Piece.)

Actually I've been reading One Piece for a while now and I haven't seen a glimpse of this supposed 'character depth' that you reffer to.
But hey, maybe I'm just not a 'true fan' and can't appreciate the genius of it all.

If you need me, I'll be reading Berserk, where finding character depth isn't something you need Batman-esque detective skills for.

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2010, 10:19 am

Lecks wrote:
Xenu wrote:

Actually I've been reading One Piece for a while now and I haven't seen a glimpse of this supposed 'character depth' that you reffer to.
But hey, maybe I'm just not a 'true fan' and can't appreciate the genius of it all.

If you need me, I'll be reading Berserk, where finding character depth isn't something you need Batman-esque detective skills for.

The English versions by VIZ? If so then you aren't reading the real One Piece. If not how far along are you?