Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2010, 12:03 pm

yes. Screaming kids suck.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2010, 12:25 pm

That's what headphones are for. If loud children get on my nerves, I put them on, and listen to my music.

Hansie
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 May 2010, 12:31 pm

Yes! The most painful sound imaginable. The music of hell is a chorus of screaming children.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2010, 12:42 pm

I can't stand loud noises from children. It's very painful.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2010, 1:25 pm

The annoying sounds children make, especially screaming/crying, is right up there with fire alams and sirens on a list of sounds that drive me crazy. I have never liked children or had a desire for them, for multiple reasons. I'll stick to cats, thanks. :)

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2010, 1:27 pm

Hansie wrote:
The music of hell is a chorus of screaming children.

Sounds likely! Although, the wild screaming of adults might be more scary, since they don't just scream wildly at the drop of a hat like kids do.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2010, 1:35 pm

Kiley wrote:
I hate it. Mine are all very loud. In public I'll take them home if they act up. My two eldest have ASD and my youngest is extremely quirky and different and was diagnosed as PDD-NOS but currently isn't exhibiting those symptoms. He's different just not in that way.

I'm not in the spectrum, just my kids are. I don't think this is an NT/AS thing, it's just a kid/adult/youth thing. You do kind of get used to it when it's your own kids, you have to, but I don't think anybody ever likes it. I do not allow my children to touch each other. They do, sometimes, but the OP would have been in trouble in my house too, but so would the younger children if they were very loud.

Sometimes I just send mine outside. We have a large backyard where they can scream all they want without being overly annoying to anybody.

Yes lot of people are bothered by screaming kids but they do they go into sensory overloads or have to keep on alert for them making loud noises so they don't jump they are unable to do anything else like concentrate on what they are doing. I can remember someone saying here how he missed his stop because of a screaming child. I can imagine how would miss his stop. All his focus was on the kid he was unable to pay attention to when his stop came.

Anyway screaming kids does more effect on people on the spectrum.

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2010, 1:38 pm

I have a friend who is a bit older than I and never wants kids...I actually get along better with people who dont have kids. I love my kids because they are mine but other Im not a really big fan of other peoples kids. I love my nieces and nephew but when visiting them I had to remove one of them from me because I dont feel right disciplining other peoples kids (even if they are related to me) and I dont want to be a tattle tale! I respond to kids I dont know the same way I do to people I dont know. Dont know how to talk to them or interact with them because I havent been around them long enough to figure them out. I do, however, love little tiny newborns and babies up to a certain age.....they excite me as much as puppies and kittens.
Some of these posts are kind of disturbing....I mean, I understand not handling the noise but just remember....you were one of those whining, screaming kids once too, lucky for you, or hopefully no one went around smacking you or beating you!

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2010, 2:31 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
The annoying sounds children make, especially screaming/crying, is right up there with fire alams and sirens on a list of sounds that drive me crazy. I have never liked children or had a desire for them, for multiple reasons. I'll stick to cats, thanks. :)

Same here. :D

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2010, 2:32 pm

I don't think punkykat meant she does it, she says she wants to but she doesn't because she knows of the consequence.

There may be things we want to do but we don't do it because we know it wouldn't be okay or we be seen as the bad guys for it and we don't want the consequence to our actions.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2010, 3:54 pm

persian85033 wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:

Same here. :D

Cat ladies FTW. :cat: 8)

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2010, 3:36 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
That's what headphones are for. If loud children get on my nerves, I put them on, and listen to my music.

Tried that, but at times they scream so high that they overpower my headphones.

Of all the loud noises i dislike children are the second worst, only screaming grinding metal on trains that break are worse (but they are also louder). I really hate it when moms are just standing there not applying a pacifyer or even attempting to tell them to be quiet...

Technikilor
Toucan
Toucan

15 May 2010, 3:47 am

Speaking as a 15-year-old... I'm always tolerant towards children unless what they're doing is personally affecting me. If they're just being children, I don't even bother myself by getting annoyed because it's not an issue. If they're laughing in my face or spitting saliva all over me, I won't hesitate to tell their parents to do a better job.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2010, 2:57 pm

Yes i do hate loud noises from children it annoys me so much.

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2010, 3:18 pm

I hate children noise, it makes me mad. I hate children smell. They stink and make me sick. I'm the last person to be a babysitter.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

Kiley
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2010, 5:05 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Kiley wrote:
I hate it. Mine are all very loud. In public I'll take them home if they act up. My two eldest have ASD and my youngest is extremely quirky and different and was diagnosed as PDD-NOS but currently isn't exhibiting those symptoms. He's different just not in that way.

I'm not in the spectrum, just my kids are. I don't think this is an NT/AS thing, it's just a kid/adult/youth thing. You do kind of get used to it when it's your own kids, you have to, but I don't think anybody ever likes it. I do not allow my children to touch each other. They do, sometimes, but the OP would have been in trouble in my house too, but so would the younger children if they were very loud.

Sometimes I just send mine outside. We have a large backyard where they can scream all they want without being overly annoying to anybody.

Yes lot of people are bothered by screaming kids but they do they go into sensory overloads or have to keep on alert for them making loud noises so they don't jump they are unable to do anything else like concentrate on what they are doing. I can remember someone saying here how he missed his stop because of a screaming child. I can imagine how would miss his stop. All his focus was on the kid he was unable to pay attention to when his stop came.

Anyway screaming kids does more effect on people on the spectrum.

I miss turns when I'm driving all the time because of my screaming Aspie kids. Ironic, isn't it. These same kids can't stand anybody else making lots of noise, but they sure can dish it out. I'm not in the spectrum at all and totally go into sensory overload on a daily basis because of it. That's my life, backwards.