Do you hate loud noise from children?

Page 2 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Kiley
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2010, 5:05 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Kiley wrote:
I hate it. Mine are all very loud. In public I'll take them home if they act up. My two eldest have ASD and my youngest is extremely quirky and different and was diagnosed as PDD-NOS but currently isn't exhibiting those symptoms. He's different just not in that way.

I'm not in the spectrum, just my kids are. I don't think this is an NT/AS thing, it's just a kid/adult/youth thing. You do kind of get used to it when it's your own kids, you have to, but I don't think anybody ever likes it. I do not allow my children to touch each other. They do, sometimes, but the OP would have been in trouble in my house too, but so would the younger children if they were very loud.

Sometimes I just send mine outside. We have a large backyard where they can scream all they want without being overly annoying to anybody.

Yes lot of people are bothered by screaming kids but they do they go into sensory overloads or have to keep on alert for them making loud noises so they don't jump they are unable to do anything else like concentrate on what they are doing. I can remember someone saying here how he missed his stop because of a screaming child. I can imagine how would miss his stop. All his focus was on the kid he was unable to pay attention to when his stop came.

Anyway screaming kids does more effect on people on the spectrum.

I miss turns when I'm driving all the time because of my screaming Aspie kids. Ironic, isn't it. These same kids can't stand anybody else making lots of noise, but they sure can dish it out. I'm not in the spectrum at all and totally go into sensory overload on a daily basis because of it. That's my life, backwards.

Kevin_I
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 May 2010, 5:11 pm

I always have my iPod with me and fully charged just for that reason. Screaming kids is the most annoying sound in the world. I wish they would have "screaming" and "no screaming" sections on airplanes.

IdahoRose wrote:

Quote:
is right up there with fire alams and sirens on a list of sounds that drive me crazy

I have to depart ways on this one, because sirens, esp. tornado warning sirens is one of my unusual interests. I can listen to sirens blaring all day and be very happy, but screaming kids? NOOO!!

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2010, 11:00 pm

zeldapsychology wrote:
The other day my little sisters were being loud I told them to be quite 4-5 times then finally raised my voice and yanked them into there rooms. Mom was pissed I touched them/got violent OMG you could of seriously hurt them etc. There loudness hits a certain nerve. I don't meen to be mean but IMO enough IS ENOUGH! (I asked them 4-5 times!) Plus I'm not mom/dad so they don't respect me. but like I said mom/dad are mad at me over what I did. Mom "said" I got up in her face which is why she snatched my hair and slapped me but I didn't see that view point (of getting in her face). So does anyone else not like loudness from children?

Its as a 'driven nail' as Aimless had remarked, depending on the circumstance.

Loud noise from a screaming small parrot is tantamount to this . I put it up for sale online , as it is too much for my nerves.
The dents in the cage are 'evidence' of this as it evokes an almost rage in me.

(This was given to us due to incompatibity with a dog ( their pet) and enough is enough for me .)

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2010, 7:10 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
persian85033 wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:
The annoying sounds children make, especially screaming/crying, is right up there with fire alams and sirens on a list of sounds that drive me crazy. I have never liked children or had a desire for them, for multiple reasons. I'll stick to cats, thanks. :)

Same here. :D

Cat ladies FTW. :cat: 8)

100% That's how I'm known at work, apparently. Someone told me I was known as the cat lady. There isn't a bit of space on my desk, in my cube that doesn't have kitties. :lol:

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

DMark
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 May 2010, 9:11 pm

Loud noise from children doesn't really bother me that much. Usually they can be quieted down. I like kids, so they rarely get on my nerves even when they're being rowdy.

What I do have no tolerance for, is noisy dogs. There are few things I dislike more than when someone's dog starts barking for no good reason. I also am not down with when they jump on me. Much as I love animals, I really have no tolerance for dogs, especially the little yapping ones. I can not at all understand why people keep them as pets. Cats are so much better.

The only dogs I am enthusiastic about are Great Danes and they don't live long :(

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2010, 2:30 pm

liloleme wrote:
I mean, I understand not handling the noise but just remember....you were one of those whining, screaming kids once too

Everyone wasn't, i mostly spent time alone playing quietly with my legos and disassembled electronics stuff. And yes i know it isn't normal to be a quiet kid - my parents had to check on me to see if i was still at home ... or dead.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2010, 3:27 pm

Annoying adults topic

I am better with small children than teens/adults. Children always become calm around me, even children with special needs. :)

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 10:13 am

I don't like screaming kids, but I try not to go through my whole life avoiding places where there might be somebody's brat bawling. When I say ''brat'' don't take it personally if you have a toddler yourself, because I do not mean it personally. I just want to illustrate my point here, that's all.
Toddlers boggle me. I mean, you get little lion cubs and all they make are little squeaks when they're tiny, don't they? So how come babies from birth to five years make more noise than one-hundred grown-ups put together? Why can't a kid's voice grow louder after it reaches it's verbal skills, just like a lion? How can that massive, embarrassing, deafening, ear-piercing roar come from a child of one or two years? It's a wonder they don't literally cry themselves to death. Their hearts are still weak when they're young - how come the strong vibrations of their roar don't shatter their heart?
Another thing - I was at the airport the other day, looking for a job, and I heard someone's brat screaming the place down at the top of it's voice and kicking about in it's pushchair. (Toddlers are worse than tiny babies). And I thought, ''they're going on holiday, and the kid is already playing up before they've even got on the plane. Their holiday ain't going to be much of a joy for the parents because if that kid is throwing tantrums now, it will be throwing tantrums on holiday.'' What's the point in taking it abroad, unless it's absolutely necessary? I never went abroad until I was at least 6. But a toddler is too young to appreciate it - at least 6 year olds don't have as much tantrums, and they more old enough to appreciate their surroundings.
Toddlers are just as happy spending their summers at home in the back garden in a paddling-pool. Why drag them on airoplanes? It's not fair on the brat, it's not fair on the parents, and it's not fair on the other passengers who have got to hear this brat screaming for 9 hours! I think I'll go spare if I had someone else's brat in the seat behind me for hours, trapped inside a plane, screaming and screaming. . . I couldn't relax! We pay a lot for our flights - we want to be able to relax on the journey!
Who could relax when in that position? Nobody can - aspie or no aspie.
Also, I get a bit nervous of going to the doctors. Well, I get nervous visiting the doctor, but I get more nervous waiting in the waiting-room. The waiting-room at my local doctors surgery it's small, but seems quite echoey, and when you get someone come in with a brat screaming, the noise seems to echo around the room and make me feel quite chlostrophobic, as though the sound is wrapping itself around me tightly and there's no escape. I think in every waiting-room there should be a playroom for the kids which is sectioned off, just in case you're an eldery person who is ill and has to have regular check-ups, and needs to sit somewhere quietly whilst waiting. I once went up the doctors because of severe migranes in my head, and I had somebody's brat sitting right next to me kicking and screaming, and I really didn't feel well. The pitch of it's scream was making my headache worse and worse - until I started gagging and wanting to throw up. I couldn't help it. The mother was sympathetic and had to take the monster out of the waiting-room. When I used to go to the hospital for check-ups on my heart when I was a toddler, I did used to get bored and start playing up - but my Dad used to take me into the hospital playroom, and I was as good as gold in the playroom. But nowadays I go into a hospital (I still needs check-ups on my heart), I see kids everywhere - running up and down the corridor, laying on the floor under people's feet, shouting and screaming.
Why don't the mother's just take them into the playroom to wind down a bit? Why are they letting them run up and down a hospital corridor?
Also, going out for lunch is a pain too when all you can hear is somebody's kid constantly crying. Well - toddlers don't really cry - they just make a horrible racket just to be naughty. It drives me mad. Why don't these parents just take the brats to McDonalds? The happymeals are cheaper there, they get a free toy, and there's loads of other brats there aswell. Why bring it into a little pub-resteraunt where other people want to go quietly to have something to eat? We pay a lot for meals, I think we should have priority to be able to eat it peacefully. If I knew my kid wouldn't play up (because some are placid, happy children), then I probably would take it out to a nice pub-resteraunt, but if I knew it plays up and spoils everyone else's time, then I would have more sense to take it to McDonalds or somewhere, until it gets a little older and calms down a bit.
I don't mind a tiny baby so much because they don't cry to be naughty, they only cry for a reason. But toddlers take over, and are so annoying.
Tsk - kids!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Jun 2010, 10:51 am

This mite be slightly off topic here but according to my parents; I was a horrible kid. They say I was constantly screaming & throwing tantrums ect & that they quit being as social because I was too bad to be taken anywhere & too bad & expensive for em to hire a babysitter. I guess I feel kind of guilty & sorry for parents sometimes because they have to sacrifice a lot when they have kids that are not perfect angles. But sometimes when kids are having problems; it's because of their parents & I sometimes feel sorry for the kids because about half the time when I see a kid acting up; the parents are ignoring the kid or their causing an even bigger scene than the kids by yelling/screaming at the kids or even slapping or making abusive threats to the kids

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 11:04 am

Children are for flinging at passing cars, not nurturing.

(OK, ok, I was just messing :))

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 11:05 am

i cannot stand screaming children! i take that back, i cant stand PARENTS who DO NOTHING to quiet their children in public places.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

29 Jun 2010, 11:55 am

thechadmaster wrote:
i cannot stand screaming children! i take that back, i cant stand PARENTS who DO NOTHING to quiet their children in public places.

THIS!! !!

I feel like offering the parents of the wild, undisciplined brats, my dirty socks to stuff in the mouths of the little pests.

Charles

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 11:57 am

liloleme wrote:
Some of these posts are kind of disturbing....I mean, I understand not handling the noise but just remember....you were one of those whining, screaming kids once too, lucky for you, or hopefully no one went around smacking you or beating you!

Speak for yourself. I was a very quiet baby, according to my mother. I cried very little. from the years I can remember, ca counting from 2-3 years of age, I don't think I ever yelled or shrieked. Almost all my reactions were directed inwards, and even if pissed, in pain, sulking or afraid, I would be quiet and only react on the inside. If afraid, I did nothing more than shed tears and occasionally sob.
Kids so don't need to go around shrieking their heads off (not to mention mine). Some things definitely were better in the old days when kids were to be seen, not heard. I wouldn't mind not seeing them either, to be frank, but not hearing them would be a good place to start.

Kids crying, screaming or shrieking make one of the worst sounds I can imagine. I understand perfectly well that people just wanna smack the s**t out of the kids they hear. I have the exactly same reaction myself. I hate kids and their noise. While I would never touch a kid who didn't actually do anything bad, I certainly think it every day. We're so 'lucky' to have a nursery just outside of where we live. The little bastards shriek there 5 days a week, at worst from 08 to 17. The noise drive both me and my (NT) mother nuts. There's not even a reason for the noise, they usually don't cry, they usually just shriek and think it's a hoot. I never did that. I never shrieked or found it fun when other kids did. I just thought they were a PITA. Then and now. The worst part is that the adults there allow it. When I was in nursery, the adults sure had no problem telling the kids to quiet down when the noise got too bad. Nowadays they don't tell kids to be quiet anymore. And the idiots working in the nursery here even make the damn kids scream at times when they're actually quiet for once, encouraging them with specific games etc. incredible! :x

Whenever I leave home or return when they're out, I wear headphones and play music on high volume. Each new years, my mother and I both hope that the damn place is gonna get hit by fireworks and burn down. No luck so far...

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 3:29 pm

can somebody apply to my posts i want to see if anyone agrees with my comments

fghrtbnidkvnenirt

ChangelingGirl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 3:56 pm

Kevin_I wrote:
I always have my iPod with me and fully charged just for that reason. Screaming kids is the most annoying sound in the world. I wish they would have "screaming" and "no screaming" sections on airplanes.

I agree. I can't stand the noise of screaming children. Everytime I hear one, it's a rminder why I don't want kids.

rmctagg09
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jul 2010, 4:36 pm

I don't particularly like the sound of screaming children, but I don't hate them for it.