Loud noise; a love/hate relationship...

Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Kail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Oct 2011, 2:24 am

small loud noises make my eyes blink real fast and my consciousness slightly drift, where as large loud noises like fire drills or loud metal make my body go real tense and mildly shake while my brain going near unconscious like my brain falls backwards and dark. The small one's being short, and the very loud noises take a solid 10-30 seconds to become bearable/control able.

overall it is pain, discomfort, extremely fast heart beat (following) and mild to severe fit of rage directed towards the noise.

:evil: damn fire drills.

Christopherwillson
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2011, 2:25 pm

i hate sound that is pushed onto me.. like if you go to a disco you know that it's gonna be there and you accept it, but if someone comes into your house and starts making sound it's just always unwelcome :P

i don't have a problem with loud things if i invite them and search them up, if they are pushed onto me.. i get frustrated and my brains stops thinking and i hop over to instinctive self-protection and i'll or destroy the sound source or kick the person.

Aspie score: 182-200

Don't know what to say.

AspiringCyborg
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Oct 2011, 8:12 pm

Super-low sounds like thunder are never unwelcome, and never too loud. Until my old surround sound died I would find super-low sounds in movies and play those parts with the volume way up.

Quick, high-pitched or sharp sounds like power tools, or small motors can be extremely unpleasant if I'm not prepared (i.e. hands over the ears). I love loud music (of my choosing), but feedback and other sounds can still make me cringe a bit. Sounds like forks scraping plates can be painful even if I'm expecting them, and bad music hurts in a different way. I'm offended, disappointed, disgusted, and enraged all at the same time, and I have to turn the music in my head on full blast to try to counter it.