Page 2 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Do you agree with this? Be honest.
Yes 20%  20%  [ 11 ]
No 52%  52%  [ 29 ]
Probably 9%  9%  [ 5 ]
Probably not 13%  13%  [ 7 ]
No, because I can't face the REALITY of the issue and buck the f**k up. 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 56

Freak_Contagion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 May 2010, 7:05 am

Mdyar wrote:
What a waste of bandwidth and time.

This thread needs to go to thread hades.

I dunno about that. Every once in a while it's kinda fun to rant at idiotic trolls about why they're idiots. I don't vent my spleen very often. It usually requires someone making a point of being very stupid and very obnoxious.

Still, I suppose I shouldn't encourage these things. Bad troll! *hits with newspaper*... If he's even still here. Probably disappeared in a puff of smoke.

I enjoy random PMs. ^.^

poppyx
Toucan
Toucan

22 May 2010, 7:49 am

Honestly? If you're not looking to have children, but you are friends with an AS guy that you really like anyway, none of this matters.

I'm actively plotting to get back a guy who is--for the last month--with a girl shallow enough that I know she'll dump him when she finds out he really does have AS...

and he will be mine again.

Wahahah.

Would I have children with him, particularly because I think one of his grandmothers was AS--which is the marker for full-blown autism in the grandkids?

No. But then, I'm 40, so it's not like I was counting on going there anyway.

I would do anything to be with this man, just because of who he is. His AS is irrelevant.

spooky13
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 May 2010, 8:17 am

mikeness101 wrote:
dyingofpoetry wrote:
Given that many of the members here have been married (sometimes more than once) and many have had children, I can't bring myself to agree to that, no.

The challenges of dating are bit more difficult for high functioning autistics, but I would not blame it all on the NT chicks.

lol..I'm blaming it on the NT chicks?

No, I'm blaming it on ass-burgers. NT chicks don't wanna destroy their lineage and take up 9 months of their time just to make a baby that's gonna grow up to get his head crushed to pieces by a wooly mammoth because he was thinking about the sun and not what the hell was going on (remember, most people including Aspies are operating on gut feelings coming from the distant past).

That's one of many reasons why us ass-burgers aren't gonna make it in the future-we're average at intelligence (most of us) but ret*d at everything else. We'd go extinct if our human race was made up of us ass-burgers.

Again, sugarcoding is BS and I'm therefore presenting this in a harsh way so you all can get past that and look at the f****' facts.

Translation:
Another bitter guy who got dumped and blames it on having aspergers.

dyingofpoetry
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 8:34 am

spooky13 wrote:
Translation:

Correction: Blaming it on the Asperger's that he's not even sure he has.

But much more likely... He just thought he'd have some fun with the autisitc people. I think we all went through this in eighth grade. I recognize it as harassment and I'm not posting to this thread again.

Die thread, die.

Freak_Contagion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 May 2010, 8:49 am

dyingofpoetry wrote:
spooky13 wrote:
Translation:

Correction: Blaming it on the Asperger's that he's not even sure he has.

But much more likely... He just thought he'd have some fun with the autisitc people. I think we all went through this in eighth grade. I recognize it as harassment and I'm not posting to this thread again.

Die thread, die.

Aw, come on though, it's such fun to pick on the stupid trolls when they obviously have no idea what they're talking about though! It's 10 times as satisfying as trolling people, and funny because they think they can get your goat, when really you're just out-and-out laughing at them! xD

I'll ignore stupid trolls when there are too many to make laughing at them fun anymore, which is essentially two or three. I haven't seen a troll on here since I registered, aside from this one.

Interesting though. This behavior is unusual for me. I guess it's just that long pent up want of someone to completely and totally trash-talk and laugh at without feeling bad about it. It's been.... Actually, I don't think I've ever laughed at someone like that without caring about them and feeling bad about it before, at least not since early elementary, when my social skills didn't really extend to the realm of empathy. Huh....

I enjoy random PMs. ^.^

Puzelle
Raven
Raven

22 May 2010, 9:40 am

First of all I want to stress that what I answered to in this poll, was the question about being honest.
I answered 'Yes', because I do want to be honest, so to the question "Do you agree? Be honest", I had to answer 'Yes'.

But I'm not sure if I understood OPs (and poll-creator's) post.

Did you ask us if we think that most women avoid aspies and avoid marrying and have children with aspies?

If that was your question, then my asnwer is Yes!, I have noticed that most women (read: NTs) do avoid aspies. It's not really a question about wether or not we think they do this, as much as a question about wether we notice it or not. It's simply a fact that they do (and no place do they avoid us more than in my country).

But I don't think it has anything to do with aspies having bad genes or even about us being less worthy or capable than other people. It's a cultural thing, and even more so: It's a post-cultural thing!

So to put it short: Yes, you're right. Women to tend to avoid aspies, but it doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with you! It only means there is a lot wrong with the still more and more narrow and superficial way that people in our time think. Everything revolves around how we look and how well we can pull off looking like the smart celebrities we see on tv, not to mention how well we can live up to the superficially induced demands to fashion, lifestyle, level of income, etc. etc. - superficially induced, because these "needs" aren't generated by the natural needs of women and men respectively, but by cleverly thought up advertising (read: propaganda)!

If you read through the history - and pre-historical times - of the human race throughout the planet, you will find that in any other period than our own were those, who we now define as people with Asperger's Syndrome, the higest respected, the most loved, and the most admired and sought after by the opposite sex!

So, again, yes: Women do avoid aspies ... in OUR time! But it tells more about them and the time we live in, than it says about those who have Asperger's Syndrome!

- There is no such thing as having Half Asperger's Syndrome or being Half and Aspie, just as little as there is such a thing as being half a man, being half a human being, or reading these words half. You either are, or you are not, and you either read these lines or you do - or did - not!(1*) There are differences in how much certain aspects are present in you, but they're fully present no matter how much they represent Asperger's traits or NT traits.

Don't be sad about having Asperger's Syndrome, friend! ... Be proud of who and what you are!

(1*) = The "Schroedinger's Cat" Experiement describes beautifully how absolutes are illusion, but attempts to measure human experience in regard to daily living and perception is by very definition higly un-practical.

Poke
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 9:43 am

mikeness101 wrote:
Now I do admit that I probably am "half aspergers half normal", but I AINT gonna sugarcode things. I look at the BAD side of things, the f**** up part, not just the good. It's a dumbass idea to try and make things look better than they are and then underprepare yourself for when/if the shock comes in.

Wow, you're so cool and edgy!

:lol:

Puzelle
Raven
Raven

22 May 2010, 10:31 am

spooky13 wrote:
Translation:

You said it! :-)

(Should've read through the thread before I replied. ... Ah well, maybe someone else can benefit)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 11:07 am

Rolling on next week.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 11:32 am

Sugarcode! I love it!

Asperger's is probably the least of the reasons why women don't want me messing in their 'genepools'

TheDeviantOne
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 May 2010, 12:01 pm

So based on what I learned from this topic...

- Only males have AS. There is no such thing as females with AS.
- Genes with Aspie traits are damaged genes. Therefore we should filter out Aspie genes.
- A woman wouldn't disrespect herself to pass on genes with an Aspie.
- Most women think most Aspies are weird and ugly, because having AS makes you ugly.
- Aspies operate on gut feelings from thousands of years ago. Thus they won't make it in the future.
- The term Ass-Burgers is an acceptable term to call Aspies by and is not in anyway an insult.
- The human race would cease to exist if only Aspies existed. Only "normal" people keep the human race going.
- Having Asperger's... Ass-Burgers mean you won't any self-respecting attractive girl.
- Life is all about getting married and mating. Failure to do so is a failure at life itself.
- Aspies can't work together. This site is secretly held up by NTs.

Thanks mikeness101, I never learned so much insight from one person on AS before. My life has finally become so clear.

:roll:

The Internet; human stupidity at its finest...

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 2:39 pm

mikeness101 wrote:
MindBlind wrote:
I'm not particularly interested in being in a relationship or having children. However, if I did, I wouldn't care if somebody like that didn't wanna go out with me because the description you gave me makes them sound very elitist and snobbish and cruel and basically just all round horrible. I don't think I could spend the rest of my life with somebody so shallow.

It's obviously not shallow to not want your kids to hum and rock and need to have their asses wiped by people that arent ret*d their whole lives (most full-blown autistics). That's what would likely happen if an ass-burgers person f**** you.

I hate to be crude, but let's look at reality, not la-la land.

Ever heard of adoption? I mean, seriously, you can have kids without having your own, y'know. If you're that worried about having disabled children, adoption is a good option (afterall, there are loads of kids who need a home).

I was really talking about women not choosing to go out with aspies because they're "really weird". That's shallow. Love- real love- is unconditional, just like how any good parent would still love their child even if they had to clean up their feces and may not ever be able to be independent.

And for goodness sake, could you PLEASE learn how to spell "Asperger's". Hans Asperger was a real person, y'know.

right-hand-child
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 May 2010, 2:41 pm

excuse me?

first of all i think you're misunderstanding asperger syndrome entirely:

-you mentioned that girls think AS kids are ugly and wierd when AS genes have absolutely nothing to do with appearence whatsoever. about 1 in 100 people has AS, you probably seen lots and LOTs of people with AS before and not noticed. further proof of this.

-you said AS people have "average inteligence levels" but are useless at everything else. now its known that people with AS often have ABOVE average IQ, and "ret*d at everything else" isnt what i'd say, its mostly trouble understanding social things like eye contact, body language (eveybody and their mums know that on here) not much else, and this comes along with some pretty sweet side effects like added levels of attention span, active imaginations, and innovative ideas that would never occur to people bound by so called "common sense". its not just a curse.

-AS in my oppinion shouldnt even be classed as a disability, and if it is then its not something that a girl would outcast a person for. they just probably see you as wierd (most people dont even know what the hell it is, and you just need to explain to them that it is NOT a disability)

-you also mentioned that a girl with self respect would never harbor the child of "someone with a disbility". if as you say "wouldn't 'ruin' their genetic lineage" then from whence do disabled children come from?

you might be outcasted, but thats your problem not mine. you dont speak for anyone else other than yourself when you wallow in tonnes of self pity. im not trying to insult you, but dont insult my condition by slandering it with BS. im not "sugar coating" anything, im done with thinking i have a "disability" just because the self proclaimed "normal man" says so, and i suggest you wise up soon before you trap yourself in an imaginary dilema.

Have a nice life.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 2:59 pm

A well rounded problem analysis is to consider both the negative outcomes and the positive outcomes.

If you would like to expect the worst, that's fine as long as you don't let it hinder your drive to be successful in the first place.

poppyx
Toucan
Toucan

22 May 2010, 3:29 pm

Honestly? I've dated two Aspies. One could barely hold down a job and had no idea that his family expected him to be giving me more than a teddy bear at Christmas--and had no idea about things like the symbolism involved in intentionally buying a really cheap wedding ring.

Him, when I figured it out after a year, I dropped like a hot potato, and told my friends that I would NEVER date another Aspie, complete with saying, "What a weirdo."

The second is so socially adept that he taught me to stand in other's shoes much more, to be much less selfish, and to really think about what I say.

But, he was still a wash. He's currently dating one of his obsessions after torturing me for years about her. (She treated him like Dobby the House Elf for years. All of our mutual friends are hoping she dumps him badly, because she uses him and he can't see it.)

And, he's a waste in a romantic relationship, though, because he's not really aware of what normal behavior is in an attached, NT relationship--and he won't get counseling. (He used to get mad about my calling after work hours to tell him I cared, and said I was weird for saying it took years to find him--it made him feel too indebted.)

Knowing what I know now, I would never date another Aspie male, unless I just thought he was really neat, and I KNEW that he had spent a couple of years in counseling to be in a relationship with an NT female.

So, there is a lot of truth to this. Find me an Aspie that would really treat me decently, and I might change my mind. It hasn't happened yet, though. When I evaluate potential new dating partners, the minute I see bad eye contact, I run screaming.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 3:29 pm

Mikeness, take your rude and ignorant attitude elsewhere please.

You can be both REALISTIC and OPTIMISTIC. I accept that there are things I'm not good at and there is some stuff I can't do, but at the same time, I'm not going to curl up in a fetal position and be a victim and never make a life for myself. We have strengths as well as weaknesses, ya know. I'm up in the stratosphere in verbal intelligence. I'm studying for a f*****g natural sciences degree. Oh, and I have had my fair share of boyfriends (I'm female. Weird, androgynous, ASDish, but apparently still attractive to men.)

Just because YOU have a certain opinion doesn't mean your opinion is a fact and anyone who disagrees with you is kidding themselves.