Page 1 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Do you agree with this? Be honest.
Yes 20%  20%  [ 11 ]
No 52%  52%  [ 29 ]
Probably 9%  9%  [ 5 ]
Probably not 13%  13%  [ 7 ]
No, because I can't face the REALITY of the issue and buck the f**k up. 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 56

mikeness101
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 May 2010, 3:25 am

Now I do admit that I probably am "half aspergers half normal", but I AINT gonna sugarcode things. I look at the BAD side of things, the f****d up part, not just the good. It's a dumbass idea to try and make things look better than they are and then underprepare yourself for when/if the shock comes in.

I mean let's look at what definitely seems to be the facts.

Most women would NEVER disrespect themselves enough to harbor the children of a guy with something they perceive as being wrong with them. Whether they are just being nice to the weird kid or obviously if they don't even let the weird ass talk to them, they're never gonna let themselves destroy/infect their genetic lineage with the damaged genes of an aspergers or obviously autistic guy.

Most girls/women would think that most autistic/aspergers guys are weird and ugly because they can all around detect that something didn't go quite right in his formation-his genes definitely aren't okay.

Besides, even if that didn't happen, when/if an aspergers had the confidence to do so (they mostly don't), it would always end their chances when the ass-burgers kicked in when they are talking to a girl.

dyingofpoetry
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 3:39 am

Given that many of the members here have been married (sometimes more than once) and many have had children, I can't bring myself to agree to that, no.

The challenges of dating are bit more difficult for high functioning autistics, but I would not blame it all on the NT chicks.

mikeness101
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 May 2010, 3:44 am

dyingofpoetry wrote:
Given that many of the members here have been married (sometimes more than once) and many have had children, I can't bring myself to agree to that, no.

The challenges of dating are bit more difficult for high functioning autistics, but I would not blame it all on the NT chicks.

lol..I'm blaming it on the NT chicks?

No, I'm blaming it on ass-burgers. NT chicks don't wanna destroy their lineage and take up 9 months of their time just to make a baby that's gonna grow up to get his head crushed to pieces by a wooly mammoth because he was thinking about the sun and not what the hell was going on (remember, most people including Aspies are operating on gut feelings coming from the distant past).

That's one of many reasons why us ass-burgers aren't gonna make it in the future-we're average at intelligence (most of us) but ret*d at everything else. We'd go extinct if our human race was made up of us ass-burgers.

Again, sugarcoding is BS and I'm therefore presenting this in a harsh way so you all can get past that and look at the f****n' facts.

dyingofpoetry
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 3:51 am

Ah, okay... wait a minute... I get it now... first post... and it's a poll... provocative statements therein... sounds like... hmmmmm, trolling! :roll:

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 3:55 am

AS is not synonymous with "can't get a girl".

The myth that getting a girl is hard is just as big of a myth that losing weight is hard.

It isn't. But you have to put effort into it and be prepared to endure some pain and too many people just don't want to bother.

It is lack of ambition and self defeatism that turns girls away more than anything.

It's THOSE genes they don't want. They don't want someone who they think is going to give up and leave them hanging emotionally (or physically) in rough times. If you sit around thinking "boo hoo, woe is me, I'll never get a girl so I'm not going to even try," then that's a pretty good indicator to her that you might do that in other, more pressing situations as well. I have a friend who does this with girls, and then he also does it with his job. He's so insistent that he won't be promoted so he never asks for the position, and he's not promoted. I happen to know through the grapevine that he's not promoted because he doesn't ask for the position.

Freak_Contagion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 May 2010, 3:56 am

I think you mean "sugar-coating", and I can't agree with you at all. It's foolish to see Asperger's as a non-problem, but it's by no means a guarantee that you're screwed for life at anything, or even that it is always disadvantageous to the species as a whole. The many, more technical needs of our society are well met by the more well-adjusted individuals with AS. It's as absurd to write off this unique personal focus as completely impairing as it is to view it as a glorious gift. It is neither. It has upsides and downsides. Quit trolling.

I enjoy random PMs. ^.^

mikeness101
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 May 2010, 4:00 am

dyingofpoetry wrote:
Ah, okay... wait a minute... I get it now... first post... and it's a poll... provocative statements therein... sounds like... hmmmmm, trolling! :roll:

Well let me explain more precisely what my motivations are and then you decide if I am "trolling" or not.

I have the personality such that when I see a problem, I do the exact opposite, and I do mean the complete opposite, of what almost everyone else does. Most people (almost everyone) tries, conciously or subconciously, to make things seem better. I'm not exactly sure why...it's not really that wise to ignore problems (which is what I see that as).

I try to consider worst case scenarios, and make things out to be as bad as possible that way I'm not gonna come in for a shock once I learn how bad things really are (if they are that bad). Learning bad news when you already expected the possibility of it (or the certainty of it) is not nearly as bad, usually, as learning bad news that you did not expect.

So when you really think about it, why WOULDNT I try to make things out to be as vicious and bad as possible? Get used to it and when you get the bad news, it won't seem that bad. In the off chance that you get news that are better than the way you prepared, that's always good. Good surprises are sometimes even more satisfying than good things you already knew.

I think we can see that often, surprises make things either worse or better, and considering my previous logic, is it not true that building yourself up for the WORST, not the best or anything in between, would often (if not usually) be the best thing to do?

Do you not agree that such is at least arguably reasonable?

And if you say "yes", then can you please explain why this example is not such that viewing things in the most negative way is best?

Freak_Contagion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 May 2010, 4:03 am

If you don't even think of the best possibilities, which often require effort, than you will never try hard enough to achieve them.

It is also stupid to paint things falsely and call it "looking at the worst-case scenario". I don't know what experiences you're basing this off of, but obviously, most of us don't feel this way, and have many experiences to tell us this is not correct.

I enjoy random PMs. ^.^

dyingofpoetry
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 4:03 am

No.

Avoids the whole explanation.

lyricalillusions
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 4:04 am

I picked "Probably not" although, even after reading your statement at least three to four times, I'm still not sure what the poll is actually about. There was never a definitive question asked, so I just guessed at what was meant & if I'm right, then "Probably not" is the closest to my answer shown.

mikeness101
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 May 2010, 4:09 am

Chronos wrote:
AS is not synonymous with "can't get a girl".

The myth that getting a girl is hard is just as big of a myth that losing weight is hard.

It isn't. But you have to put effort into it and be prepared to endure some pain and too many people just don't want to bother.

It is lack of ambition and self defeatism that turns girls away more than anything.

It's THOSE genes they don't want. They don't want someone who they think is going to give up and leave them hanging emotionally (or physically) in rough times. If you sit around thinking "boo hoo, woe is me, I'll never get a girl so I'm not going to even try," then that's a pretty good indicator to her that you might do that in other, more pressing situations as well. I have a friend who does this with girls, and then he also does it with his job. He's so insistent that he won't be promoted so he never asks for the position, and he's not promoted. I happen to know through the grapevine that he's not promoted because he doesn't ask for the position.

Well in all honesty though, you have to realize that most people (especially females that have to mate more wisely than males, who mate more widely on rough average) do not want to reproduce with someone that has bad genes. And what is "bad" or "good" genetically is, in all honesty, largely related to simply what is the norm, not what is truly "good" or "bad".

If a gene that made someone have green scales were somehow good because of some environmental change of Earth, and the genes that were responsible for these green scales did not negatively affect the health of the individual, it would seem as though the best thing would be for our species to make these genes predominant to suit our new environment. But NO, people would simply not be attracted to people with those genes, why? Because it's not the norm. We would not "instinctively" recognize these unusual traits and perceive it as negative.

Just like autistic tratis or Aspergers-people haven't evolved to have these exact traits. If anything, the opposite-a distinctive feature of humans is their good empathy skills.

Plus, if you have a population full of Aspergers people, a whoollleeeeeee lotta kids are gonna turn out full-blown autistic. and that's not good at all as far as surviving, especially when things get rough-in other words they're not dependable.

Women aren't ever gonna want this to happen, especially not to their lineage.

If you have Ass-burgers, you aint gonna get any self-respecting, attractive girl.

What, you want me to lie? Because we all know lying makes everything better. ohhh yeahhh...hiding from the truth is a smart and character-building thing to do....*sarcasm*

mikeness101
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 May 2010, 4:13 am

Freak_Contagion wrote:
If you don't even think of the best possibilities, which often require effort, than you will never try hard enough to achieve them.

It is also stupid to paint things falsely and call it "looking at the worst-case scenario". I don't know what experiences you're basing this off of, but obviously, most of us don't feel this way, and have many experiences to tell us this is not correct.

As far as I'm concerned it's better to avoid letting a situation get worse than to try and make it better. And I never said I didnt even think of the better possibilities.

And I'm not painting anything falsely. Do you ever see an autistic person get laid? I hate to be crude, but no you pretty much never do. How do you explain that?

People don't wanna mate with someone with sh***y genes, that's why. They'd hum and rock around and let a wild animal tear them to pieces in the wild. Plus it takes social cooperation to run any strong and intelligent society. People have to work together. Autistics bite dick when it comes to that.

Period.

Freak_Contagion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 May 2010, 4:15 am

There is such a thing as attraction specifically to what is outside the norm, in various facets of what makes a person, especially intellectual. This is valuable to the survival of the species because it promotes diversity, which helps to ensure that there is a group in the population that is prepared for future, unknown issues.

It's not hard for people who think a little differently to succeed and even charm others, including romantically, if they can get over their issues with themselves and out of their shells.

You are being pointlessly and baselessly cynical and pessimistic. Congratulations, I'm ignoring you now.

I enjoy random PMs. ^.^

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 4:17 am

So, what is your poll question? Sorry but I usually have trouble understanding people's intentions. :wink:

I think just like any other disabilities, having AS lower your chance of getting a desirable mate. Still a person can have many qualities that makes the desirable to the opposite sex. As far as I know there are plenty of people who are even attracted to cranky selfish jerks. You never know. I used to say I don't want to marry a short person, but if the nicest guy I've ever known is short I'd marry him with no problem.

Last edited by y-pod on 22 May 2010, 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 4:19 am

I'm not particularly interested in being in a relationship or having children. However, if I did, I wouldn't care if somebody like that didn't wanna go out with me because the description you gave me makes them sound very elitist and snobbish and cruel and basically just all round horrible. I don't think I could spend the rest of my life with somebody so shallow.

Sorry, but no self respecting aspie should have to spend the rest of their lives bending over fot NT's, trying desperately to seem "normal" to them only to have them turn around and say to you "Naw, you is just too fucken weird! You ain't dirtyin ma kids brainmeats!".

Aspies should be looking for people that will like them for who they actually are. To hell with relationships if you can't find somebody that respects you. In my opinion, if you can't find a couple of good friends or partners that actually respect you and that you respect as well then to hell with relationships. I'd rather live alone than a lie.

Last edited by MindBlind on 22 May 2010, 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

mikeness101
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 May 2010, 4:20 am

Freak_Contagion wrote:
There is such a thing as attraction specifically to what is outside the norm, in various facets of what makes a person, especially intellectual. This is valuable to the survival of the species because it promotes diversity, which helps to ensure that there is a group in the population that is prepared for future, unknown issues.

It's not hard for people who think a little differently to succeed and even charm others, including romantically, if they can get over their issues with themselves and out of their shells.

You are being pointlessly and baselessly cynical and pessimistic. Congratulations, I'm ignoring you now.

Even though you might not read this (not that I give a s**t if anyone does), but I'm not being cynical.

In fact, I'm being supporting of NT's.

First of all if you're ass-burgers, the chances of you having a full-blown autistic kid, even if that kid is with an NT, are very, very high.

And full-blown autistics for the most part would, in any situation that challenged our species and exposed it to something that we had to adapt to, pretty much freak out and die off.

Period.

NT's are wise for not wanting to propogate ASS burgers genes.

Face it :D