Page 1 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Do you agree with this? Be honest.
Yes 20%  20%  [ 11 ]
No 52%  52%  [ 29 ]
Probably 9%  9%  [ 5 ]
Probably not 13%  13%  [ 7 ]
No, because I can't face the REALITY of the issue and buck the f**k up. 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 56

mikeness101
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 May 2010, 4:20 am

Freak_Contagion wrote:
There is such a thing as attraction specifically to what is outside the norm, in various facets of what makes a person, especially intellectual. This is valuable to the survival of the species because it promotes diversity, which helps to ensure that there is a group in the population that is prepared for future, unknown issues.

It's not hard for people who think a little differently to succeed and even charm others, including romantically, if they can get over their issues with themselves and out of their shells.

You are being pointlessly and baselessly cynical and pessimistic. Congratulations, I'm ignoring you now.

Even though you might not read this (not that I give a s**t if anyone does), but I'm not being cynical.

In fact, I'm being supporting of NT's.

First of all if you're ass-burgers, the chances of you having a full-blown autistic kid, even if that kid is with an NT, are very, very high.

And full-blown autistics for the most part would, in any situation that challenged our species and exposed it to something that we had to adapt to, pretty much freak out and die off.

Period.

NT's are wise for not wanting to propogate ASS burgers genes.

Face it :D

mikeness101
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 May 2010, 4:23 am

MindBlind wrote:
I'm not particularly interested in being in a relationship or having children. However, if I did, I wouldn't care if somebody like that didn't wanna go out with me because the description you gave me makes them sound very elitist and snobbish and cruel and basically just all round horrible. I don't think I could spend the rest of my life with somebody so shallow.

It's obviously not shallow to not want your kids to hum and rock and need to have their asses wiped by people that arent ret*d their whole lives (most full-blown autistics). That's what would likely happen if an ass-burgers person f****d you.

I hate to be crude, but let's look at reality, not la-la land.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 4:31 am

Deleted

Last edited by CockneyRebel on 22 May 2010, 4:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Freak_Contagion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 May 2010, 4:31 am

You're still awfully confused I believe. You should read MindBlind's post, just on the end of the last page. He makes a VERY good point. Also, if there's a girl could be attracted to someone as weird and screwed up as me, which hasn't been that uncommon as of late (and I do mean after knowing me rather intimately), then anyone can have that if they carry themselves right. =P

Also, it's too slow and boring around here right now for me to keep ignoring you. -shrugs-.... Besides, I rarely get into arguments anymore. It was kind of fun. I also haven't gotten into any arguments where my opponent was so obviously wrong in a long time. I like getting to be headstrong about an issue from time to time, even if I'm usually pretty tame.

*looks at your latest post* Seems you have read it, but you still don't get it. Love is an entity separate from breeding, dude, and leads into breeding from there. Not everyone is all off in "la-la land" worrying about how their child will be affected by genetics when they select a romantic partner. That's handled by the evolution of human romance fairly well so far. Peoples from before we knew of genetics got along okay without worrying about this. Also, children of mildly autistic parents, even if both of them have the disorder, are typically only mildly autistic. I'm telling you, neither of my parents were diagnosed, but they're pretty damned autistic, and I'm actually a tad bit less so than they are. A VERY large amount of the expression of AS traits comes from rearing. I was raised by parents whom were well-informed about how to be good parents, and a few key points of child psychology, so I'm pretty well off. Just generally having parents who can take care of you and understand you, even if they only learn what they need to know as they go along, is really what you need to get the skills you need to get along.

I enjoy random PMs. ^.^

Last edited by Freak_Contagion on 22 May 2010, 4:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 4:44 am

Plays 'Mick Avory's Underpants', and dances along, bragging about how well I can clean up my own messes and wipe my own arse, while living a normal and independent life. :lol:

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 5:32 am

Chronos wrote:
The myth that getting a girl is hard is just as big of a myth that losing weight is hard.

And you are ******* ignorant. Well now I know why "guys don't approach you!"

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 5:47 am

I love how this post presumes that everyone here is male.
:roll:

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Vanilla_Slice
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 5:59 am

I voted no. I have had mixed results attracting women (and girls before I got older) but my problem is keeping them around. Because I carry the gene for Cystic Fibrosis (although I don't have the disease itself) I decided a long time ago not to have kids and for some girls that was a big problem. That coupled with the fact that I have the social skills of a baboon mean that I've spent a lot of time as a single man.

Anyway, I don't regard myself as "weird and ugly".

Vanilla_Slice

dyingofpoetry
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 6:12 am

Who_Am_I wrote:
I love how this post presumes that everyone here is male.
:roll:

Just as he assumes we will tolerate the "ASS burgers." And this is why I don't feed trolls.

I'm sorry, but I am becoming very protective of my people.

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 6:38 am

mikeness101 wrote:
Now I do admit that I probably am "half aspergers half normal", but I AINT gonna sugarcode things. I look at the BAD side of things, the f**** up part, not just the good. It's a dumbass idea to try and make things look better than they are and then underprepare yourself for when/if the shock comes in.

I mean let's look at what definitely seems to be the facts.

Actually, they definitely seem to be opinions. You're entitled to them and you don't have to sugarcoat them, and but unless you can back these up with proof, that's all they are.
Quote:
Most women would NEVER disrespect themselves enough to harbor the children of a guy with something they perceive as being wrong with them. Whether they are just being nice to the weird kid or obviously if they don't even let the weird ass talk to them, they're never gonna let themselves destroy/infect their genetic lineage with the damaged genes of an aspergers or obviously autistic guy.

I don't think most women are concerned with their 'lineage', or damaged genes from people with AS. The number one complaint from NT partners/ wannabe partners on this forum is emotional distance, not fear that their children might inherit the genes.

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 6:38 am

delete.

Last edited by Lene on 22 May 2010, 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 6:55 am

I am glad that I don't date for breeding purposes. I clicked reply having no idea what I was gonna say other than that...but if I DID, I would not mind the fact that my ASish boyfriend and I both are oddly wired. I often feel like I am flawed, but I don't see him as having flawed genes. I see him as having special and unique genes.
As far as survival skills go, that happens to be one of his special interests. Hangups and all, he'd be a good person to have on your team if you were stuck in a "survivalist" situation.
He is the sort of person who has spent much of his time being single and self-pitying over it and resentful of women who seem to worship complete jerks and ignore him, while also being painfully shy and having a very difficult time talking to women...
He has only been in 2 "real" relationships outside ours...but they both happened to be um...with very "fit" NT female specimens...according to the way he has described them.... :wink:
Anywhoo...howyousay...um..He tends to have high standards regarding the attractiveness of women..maybe because of this or because he has spent so much time as a single man watching the sci fi channel...due to his (AS-ish?) brute honesty, I have been made aware on multiple occasions that i fall short of his ideal physical type, which would be tall and ectomorphic...nonetheless, we soon will have been together for 2 years...Were we dating for breeding purposes...perhaps it would be better for him to procreate with some thin. athletic type...and maybe it would be better for me to procreate with someone with a dab more emotional maturity and who does not mind putting up with my ineptitudes...But I can't reproduce...and he doesn't want kids and we get along very well...and we have been friends for years, so I suppose I am better than no girl at all for the time being...and he remains very active in his "fantasy" life..Which leaves me feeling plenty insecure, but I deal with it.

Meanwhile my non-NT BUT non-"AS"...business partner has managed to procreate with a girl who for all practical purposes is an NT and yes...she is extremely harsh on his social flaws...He is very skilled at saying the wrong things the wrong ways and he gets yelled at on a daily basis. I suppose he pursued her the way that he did regardless of the impact if would eventually have on our relationship because she possesses a certain level of functionality that I have always lacked...in a much younger and red-headed package....There has always been some urgency for him to eventually reproduce...and maybe it is good that our mutually dysfunctional genes didn't mix...But I wish that he'd had the patience and self esteem to hold out for a "more functional" female who was not so emotionally volatile and whatnot...unfortunately, most "NT" women he has dated have tended to beat him up... :roll:

Hopefully I have cozily killed this jabby little thread...the end...

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 6:59 am

What a waste of bandwidth and time.

This thread needs to go to thread hades.

Last edited by Mdyar on 22 May 2010, 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 7:00 am

poopylungstuffing wrote:
I am glad that I don't date for breeding purposes. I clicked reply having no idea what I was gonna say other than that...but if I DID, I would not mind the fact that my ASish boyfriend and I both are oddly wired. I often feel like I am flawed, but I don't see him as having flawed genes. I see him as having special and unique genes.
As far as survival skills go, that happens to be one of his special interests. Hangups and all, he'd be a good person to have on your team if you were stuck in a "survivalist" situation.
He is the sort of person who has spent much of his time being single and self-pitying over it and resentful of women who seem to worship complete jerks and ignore him, while also being painfully shy and having a very difficult time talking to women...
He has only been in 2 "real" relationships outside ours...but they both happened to be um...with very "fit" NT female specimens...according to the way he has described them.... :wink:
Anywhoo...howyousay...um..He tends to have high standards regarding the attractiveness of women..maybe because of this or because he has spent so much time as a single man watching the sci fi channel...due to his (AS-ish?) brute honesty, I have been made aware on multiple occasions that i fall short of his ideal physical type, which would be tall and ectomorphic...nonetheless, we soon will have been together for 2 years...Were we dating for breeding purposes...perhaps it would be better for him to procreate with some thin. athletic type...and maybe it would be better for me to procreate with someone with a dab more emotional maturity and who does not mind putting up with my ineptitudes...But I can't reproduce...and he doesn't want kids and we get along very well...and we have been friends for years, so I suppose I am better than no girl at all for the time being...and he remains very active in his "fantasy" life..Which leaves me feeling plenty insecure, but I deal with it.

Meanwhile my non-NT BUT non-"AS"...business partner has managed to procreate with a girl who for all practical purposes is an NT and yes...she is extremely harsh on his social flaws...He is very skilled at saying the wrong things the wrong ways and he gets yelled at on a daily basis. I suppose he pursued her the way that he did regardless of the impact if would eventually have on our relationship because she possesses a certain level of functionality that I have always lacked...in a much younger and red-headed package....There has always been some urgency for him to eventually reproduce...and maybe it is good that our mutually dysfunctional genes didn't mix...But I wish that he'd had the patience and self esteem to hold out for a "more functional" female who was not so emotionally volatile and whatnot...unfortunately, most "NT" women he has dated have tended to beat him up... :roll:

Hopefully I have cozily killed this jabby little thread...the end...

I hate to hear about relationships like these. 8O

Kaizer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 May 2010, 7:00 am

may i say that not everyones world revolves around having children.
if anything your really seeing that to be better than it really is, and since you mainly want a partner for their reproductive abilities i could see why some people would shy off.

Many people dont like or want children of their own and its nothing weird or to be ashamed of.

Freak_Contagion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 May 2010, 7:05 am

Mdyar wrote:
What a waste of bandwidth and time.

This thread needs to go to thread hades.

I dunno about that. Every once in a while it's kinda fun to rant at idiotic trolls about why they're idiots. I don't vent my spleen very often. It usually requires someone making a point of being very stupid and very obnoxious.

Still, I suppose I shouldn't encourage these things. Bad troll! *hits with newspaper*... If he's even still here. Probably disappeared in a puff of smoke.

I enjoy random PMs. ^.^