Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 5:42 pm

When I got out of basic training I had a solid six pack, hard pecks, and hardly any fat on me. I went in weighing 188 left 155 Lbs. Not the six pack is behind a keg. Right now I am fat because I got lazy. But I am still strong as an ox and almost as smart as one. :wink:

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 5:45 pm

I should clarify that I am more resilient than strong but not particularly either. I have always been low energy.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 6:06 pm

Been working out daily since 1992, but I was never weak or flabby even before that. Growing up I apparently looked stout enough that every adult I met assumed I was a football player. Joke was on them, I despise competitive sports of all kinds, they breed bullies.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 6:10 pm

no

book_noodles
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 6:11 pm

I also have poor circulation and scoliosis.. and so young :lol: oh well.
Also the pack mentality and chaos of sports are sort of alarming 8O

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 6:27 pm

I get hurt easily.

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 6:35 pm

When I was younger I worked out a lot and now sporadically with a bowflex.

At 18 , I would take a 165 lbs barbell , and throw it up 'top' and then sit down and lower it behind my neck and do military presses in 4 sets of 6 @ 3 days a week.
Sqauts ,curls and bench press along with ^.

Even now at my age I beef up fast e.g. I had to crawl like a spider in my attic to rewire my house and my pecs and triceps hypertrophied and my clothes didnt fit. :lol:

Athenacapella
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 May 2010, 6:44 pm

I have very strong legs ... Sometimes at the gym I was lifting more on the seated leg press with one leg than some men were doing with two legs. But my upper body is pathetic. I can barely do 10 lbs. on the shoulder press.

I'm not fast ... I have very slow reflexes and very poor balance. I'm always tripping over my own two feet, and very afraid of falling, walking downhill/downstairs, or walking on ice. And I seem to take longer to recover than other people.

I seem to have a little bit better coordination than some others with AS. I can throw and catch a ball pretty accurately and can ride a bike.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 10:18 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Does aspergers or autisim in general effect your natural strength levels? I heard people with aspergers have muscle tone issues and are not as strong as they could be?

Although I like moving and make an effort to stay in shape, I don't think I am as naturally athletic as some of the people I see at the jog park. I am not as comfortable as they seem to be. nor do I have the stamina to keep going when I am getting short of breath or a muscle starts aching. Sometimes my lower back aches and I have a hard time running with that. How do people tune these discomforts out? I sure can't. I could never do push ups or pulls ups either one and couldn't skip bars on the monkey bars. My arms have never been very strong.

Dellingr
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 May 2010, 8:20 am

I'm pretty unfit, but I suspect I'm fairly strong, just not when I'm trying to be....

clarification: I can lift a fair bit, get the lid off nearly any jar, and push/pull heavy stuff just fine, but I can't punch with anything resembling force (luckily, there's pretty much never any call for me to punch anything) or quickly apply strength to anything

katzefrau
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2010, 8:11 pm

i'm fairly strong, but even when in shape my muscles are undeniably and oddly flabby, something i noticed was strange and wondered about before ever hearing of "low muscle tone." when not flexed, my calves for example are sort of drippy .. hard to explain. and i am always propping myself up with my elbows, leaning against walls and poles, and that kind of thing.

i don't feel weak, just .. collapsible.

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2010, 8:12 pm

Not me, I'm actually very strong for my size. When I weighed 112 pounds and worked out for wrestling, I could bench 160 pounds. Now that I don't work out, though, it's gone down to 145. :?

Pithlet
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 May 2010, 12:52 am

Ever since I was a kid I've been slightly built, but very strong for my size. Low stamina, though. Probably because of the athsma and sinus problems.

pumibel
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2010, 12:59 am

I think I am pretty weak, even when I am "in shape". I am cardiovascular-ly fit, I guess. I have so many aches, pains, and injuries that I have trouble gaining strength. Connective tissue problems suck. I am not able to lift a lot of weight. The upside is that I am quite flexible.

lyricalillusions
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2010, 1:20 am

It's a possibility, but I don't think so. I was born with arthritis (or at least, I was diagnosed with it at age 2) & I've always had problems with my bones, etc. but I think it's because of arthritis, not autism.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2010, 11:17 am

I got very low endurance and strengh.