Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2006, 9:25 pm

anyone planning on going? i just got invited into a limo today :) i'm thinking of asking a friend from another school because i don't like the guys here

i also have an AMAZING dress picked out yay! it's beige w/ gold lace on top of the entire thing and it's got this rhinestone ring in the middle and there's a hole there... i love it i really wanna get it

Tiktaalik
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Apr 2006, 4:40 am

Nah. I'm told I put the C in Caucasian when I dance, so I'm not spending $300 to look like an idiot. I don't fault you for going, though.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2006, 3:58 pm

I'm not spending money to stand around near a punch bowl and look depressed/lonely for a few hours and jealously watch all the happy couples dancing. Not my idea of romantic.

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2006, 8:39 pm

what?!? okay i bet you guys would have fun, seriously, if you just try! i doubt anyone would look like an idiot, and even if you did then no one would care!

anyway i just secured a date :) NOT A LOSER ANYMORE YAY

Astarael
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2006, 4:05 am

Oohhhh, well I went to both of my balls (aka prom) and I enjoyed them. I found my year 11 one alot more fun though! I had a date to both although I spent the year 12 one trying to avoid him as much as possible.. :oops:
Your dress sounds awesome! I went with very simple ones and they were both turquoise, one light and long, one short and dark. :) at least you're prepared to go and have alot of fun!

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2006, 10:37 am

I didnt go to prom, something about noise+crowded room= bad for aspies, not to mention the one girl I wanted to go with said no (granted I asked her a lil late.) :-/.

Vote for me in 2020 :-D

TheOrangeMage
Toucan
Toucan

08 Apr 2006, 6:51 pm

I'm going with my girlfriend. No pressure, since we both don't really care too much. Keeping it simple. :)

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2006, 2:11 pm

I was going to go until my boyfriend broke up with me a couple of days ago. We had plans and everything, but then he broke up with me. I don't know if I'll be invited to go with anyone else, and if I did go it would probably be with a couple of friends of mine and not a date with a boyfriend.

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

jammie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Apr 2006, 2:39 pm

i am scared about going because i have never been to anything like it before it also sounds really scary and there is no way anbidy would go with me.

jammie

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2006, 8:44 pm

I am not going. UIL Regional for academics is around the same time and UIL Regional is much cheaper than prom(UIL is free). Also, I don't really like any girls at my school and would not want to go to prom by myself. I learned going alone was bad at the Homecoming dance.

Beau
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2006, 12:50 am

I don't think I'll be going; it just doesn't seem worth it. I'll probably save up money and attend grad night instead, which seems to be a lot more fun. Prom's in a month and I haven't heard anyone talk about it yet.

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2006, 10:12 am

jammie wrote:
i am scared about going because i have never been to anything like it before it also sounds really scary and there is no way anbidy would go with me.

jammie

well why don't you ask a friend from outside of school? that's what i did. that way you're guaranteed to have fun!

wasan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Apr 2006, 10:53 am

No im not going...why would I go...I hate people....Social situations stress me out...theres no one who wants to go with me and it will only make me sad and depressed....

Proms arent made for aspies...

rhubarbpluscustard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Apr 2006, 10:02 pm

I went last year and it was OK but not the best experience of my life. I won't have a date if I go this year (I didn't last year either) but then neither will my two closest friends, so that's all right. It's just that I don't like dressing up and I feel stupid not dancing but even stupider if I do dance. If there will be strobe lights there I have a perfect excuse not to go, because the last time I was exposed to strobe lights I had a seizure.

Etched_in_Echoes
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Apr 2006, 7:43 pm

I am going. My prom is on my birthday. I just bought a dress today. :)

Seigneur
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Apr 2006, 8:06 pm

Some guy asked me if I was going to prom, and I rolled my eyes. I hate those subtle insults. :x