Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2006, 6:56 pm

MagicMike wrote:
Proms are grossly overrated. Cheap perfume, awful hiphop, and strobing lights make it a sensory nightmare for the average aspie (I spent most of my time in the restroom as it was the only well-lit room). Avoid them.

this is true. but at my prom there were quiet areas we could go and talk to each other. i mostly stayed with my friends in those areas. i thought that was fun but i wouldn't have spent 300$ on it. i didn't know some proms cost that much

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2006, 3:02 pm

yeah, i agree about the price... to me it just seemed like a regular dance where people happened to dress up and get corsages and get their hair done and waste a ridiculous amount of money.

but i loved the dancing though! i date and i danced all night, it was craaazy

i say go if you like to dance!

deep-techno
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2006, 8:01 am

wasan wrote:
No im not going...why would I go...I hate people....Social situations stress me out...theres no one who wants to go with me and it will only make me sad and depressed....

Proms arent made for aspies...

Maybe an Aspergers Prom should start!

MagicMike
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2006, 5:52 pm

Raph522 wrote:
MagicMike wrote:
Proms are grossly overrated. Cheap perfume, awful hiphop, and strobing lights make it a sensory nightmare for the average aspie (I spent most of my time in the restroom as it was the only well-lit room). Avoid them.

this is true. but at my prom there were quiet areas we could go and talk to each other. i mostly stayed with my friends in those areas. i thought that was fun but i wouldn't have spent 300$ on it. i didn't know some proms cost that much
\

Like I said, if there was an event I would pay a small fortune to dress up for, it's an anime/sci-fi convention. There, I feel more comfortable, even if the place is full of weirdos. Of course, I'd rather use this money for purchasing videogames, which give me more than a day of gratification.

rhubarbpluscustard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jun 2006, 10:58 am

So, I went. My best friend dressed me up and did my hair and makeup. I guess I looked OK. I went out to dinner with a group of friends first. Then I showed up and even danced some. It was all right. It was even fun at times. But of course, afterwards everyone went to an after-party and I just headed home.

SolaCatella
Veteran
Veteran

Location: [insert creative, funny declaration of location here]

05 Jun 2006, 8:57 pm

Pah, I only plan to go to mine if I can get my mum to pay me. (She actually paid me $50 to go to my eighth grade graduation, much to my surprise, so it's not totally impossible.) I don't see the point of the damn thing and I hate formal wear, especially dresses, so it's not like I feel like I'd be missing out.