Does Robin Williams have AS or not?



Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

MotownDangerPants
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: May 13, 2010
Posts: 955

01 Jun 2010, 7:46 pm

I've always heard that he was bipolar. I could definitely see AS but it looks like everything on the internet is just speculation. I was always compared to him or Jim Carrey when I was younger. I'm still very much like them but I'm a grown woman so I've toned it down a little.

Anybody know?



AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Apr 26, 2009
Posts: 6632
Location: Houston, Texas

01 Jun 2010, 7:54 pm

MotownDangerPants wrote:
. . . I was always compared to him or Jim Carrey when I was younger. I'm still very much like them but I'm a grown woman so I've toned it down a little. .

So, you've learned time and place, that's good. I'm still learning in that regard.

Well, Robin is a little different. He definitely does march to his own drummer!



MotownDangerPants
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: May 13, 2010
Posts: 955

01 Jun 2010, 8:13 pm

AardvarkGoodSwimmer wrote:
MotownDangerPants wrote:
. . . I was always compared to him or Jim Carrey when I was younger. I'm still very much like them but I'm a grown woman so I've toned it down a little. .

So, you've learned time and place, that's good. I'm still learning in that regard.Well, Robin is a little different. He definitely does march to his own drummer!


Well, for the most part. I'm still considered "zany" by those who know me well but nothing near what I was as a teenager, I know how to appear normal and I'm actually considered to be very serious by some people..

If I were getting paid millions of dollars to march to the beat of my own drum, it'd be a different story. I can't imagine him functioning in everyday life but I'm sure he'd tone it down too.



Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Mar 30, 2006
Posts: 5532
Location: Alberta Canada

01 Jun 2010, 8:23 pm

I followed mister Carey on twitter for a few weeks, and hes really out there. I had to un-follow him because his prolific postings of banalities swamped the more serious people.


_________________
davidred wrote...
I installed Ubuntu once and it completely destroyed my paying relationship with Microsoft.


MotownDangerPants
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: May 13, 2010
Posts: 955

01 Jun 2010, 8:26 pm

Fuzzy wrote:
I followed mister Carey on twitter for a few weeks, and hes really out there. I had to un-follow him because his prolific postings of banalities swamped the more serious people.


I believe it. I was definitely whacky-boredering on annoying as a kid, still whacky as teen but that's when I started to tone it down.



liveandletdie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: May 19, 2010
Posts: 872

01 Jun 2010, 8:26 pm

i would guess no.



Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Feb 27, 2010
Posts: 4332
Location: America

01 Jun 2010, 8:42 pm

I can't stand Robin Williams. He's really unfunny.


_________________
It don't take no Sherlock Holmes to see it's a little different around here.


AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Apr 26, 2009
Posts: 6632
Location: Houston, Texas

01 Jun 2010, 8:43 pm

I kind of view it as ping-ponging back and forth and giving the other person a chance to shine, too



MotownDangerPants
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: May 13, 2010
Posts: 955

01 Jun 2010, 8:48 pm

AardvarkGoodSwimmer wrote:
I kind of view it as ping-ponging back and forth and giving the other person a chance to shine, too


He doesn't do this,in interviews and everything, nobody else can get a word in. Could be that he's missing social cues or he could just be a spazz. The internet is also speculating that Tom Hank's has AS, not sure why. I guess he's a little quirky IRL but he's very charasmatic in interviews. That's something an Aspie can learn, of course, I just never would have picked up on it.



Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Feb 27, 2010
Posts: 4332
Location: America

01 Jun 2010, 8:49 pm

Kayne West has AS, right?


_________________
It don't take no Sherlock Holmes to see it's a little different around here.


MotownDangerPants
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: May 13, 2010
Posts: 955

01 Jun 2010, 8:53 pm

Ferdinand wrote:
Kayne West has AS, right?


*loads .22*

LOL, I hate that guy so much. Always have, even before the "George Bush hates black people" fiasco. I doubt it, he really doesn't even make his own music, he's not talented. Maybe he has has some other secret talent aside from sampling obscure 90s music and taking credit for it.



Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Feb 27, 2010
Posts: 4332
Location: America

01 Jun 2010, 9:48 pm

MotownDangerPants wrote:
Ferdinand wrote:
Kayne West has AS, right?


*loads .22*

LOL, I hate that guy so much. Always have, even before the "George Bush hates black people" fiasco. I doubt it, he really doesn't even make his own music, he's not talented. Maybe he has has some other secret talent aside from sampling obscure 90s music and taking credit for it.


Or making remixes off of the 'demo' songs on his electric piano.


_________________
It don't take no Sherlock Holmes to see it's a little different around here.


ElysianDream
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: Nov 27, 2009
Posts: 88

01 Jun 2010, 9:52 pm

It seems fashionable to diagnose stars with something or other these days. If you believe them, most of the old Hollywood stars were gay or bisexual, and most of the great scientists had Asperger's (I think quite a few did, mind you).

I'm not sure how you got to thinking Robin has Aspergers. But I think he's really funny and witty, much more so than the average comic even.



Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Feb 27, 2010
Posts: 4332
Location: America

01 Jun 2010, 9:54 pm

I think people on this site find it funny and therapeutic that these seemingly untouchable people can be affected daily, just like us. I doubt it's "fashionable" as you say.


_________________
It don't take no Sherlock Holmes to see it's a little different around here.


ElysianDream
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: Nov 27, 2009
Posts: 88

01 Jun 2010, 10:06 pm

Ferdinand wrote:
I think people on this site find it funny and therapeutic that these seemingly untouchable people can be affected daily, just like us. I doubt it's "fashionable" as you say.


Maybe, but these days they're so quick to diagnose people with this or that. I do like to see the human side of these 'untouchable' greats, though.



Display posts from previous:  Sort by  


Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next




You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to: