Page 5 of 9 [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

RPM
Raven
Raven

08 Oct 2011, 6:23 am

I'm a Christian and on the spectrum as well, and I know some people would wonder why i can believe in God, Jesus, Heaven, Hell, the Bible and so forth when I have a high IQ level and some people would consider me geekish or something.

And I am like well I think those who cling to the evolution theory have not bothered to question it, I mean boom if one can question creation, why can't evolution also be questioned?

Also when you look at how our bodies are put together and how every living thing is put together, you gotta ask yourself, do TV sets, CD players, Computers, Cars, Trucks, Buses, Buildings and Roads all make themselves or pop up my chance? no way, they all have intellegent designers.

Likewise I believe we could not exist without an intellegent designer, in order for our bones, muscles, organs, blood and all that to be inside of us the way it all is, someone had to have put us all together like this, and some cultures believed multiple gods were at hand in such things, although some faiths believe in just 1 God alone.

Indeed my believe is that God created us, and sure the believe I have is the Judeo-Christian (Jewish and Christian belief in creation, I do have a trace of Jewish ancestry by the way), but stories I have heard from other religions are interesting even if I disagree with said stories.

A good example is the story originating in Japan about the gods creating Japan and then the rest of the world, now I don't agree with that story as I am a believer in the Judeo-Christian doctrine, but the story of gods creating Japan and then rest of the world is interesting anyways, and while I disagree with that story I do find it more believable than evolution for sure.

Plus even if one disagrees with that Japanese story of how the world was created, you can't deny it is an interesting story, and I do like that story in spite of the fact I disagree with it.

Of course there are tribal cultures out there that do believe in 1 God in spite of having no Bibles around, which tells me that said tribes remember God since ancient times but lost contact with further details, although I am hopeful some at least believe in a promised Messiah even if said culture did not get a chance to know the name of Christ, but at least knows a Messiah is to come or is aware he had come.

Of course the Bible does call for the Gospel to be preached to all nations and in all languages, and well thanks to modern technology, it is possible to achieve such a thing, is there still work to do? of course but I believe it will be done, for the Lord wills it.

Metanoia
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Oct 2011, 12:19 am

Removed per typos. Please see revised message. Thank you.

Last edited by Metanoia on 09 Oct 2011, 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Metanoia
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Oct 2011, 12:24 am

Resubmitted due to typos. Sorry.

I am a Christian and an Aspie. As for the cultural interpretations of "born-again" I see no point in getting hung up on that point as the Lord will separate the sheep and goats. I don't think he will ask denomination or congregation as much as do we love him as we are able, do we trust him to save us, and did his Holy Spirit work through us to share grace and meaningful transformation with others and his creation.

No, I don't feel isolated. I don't assume that I need the kind of connection that Hollywood and the media spews out since that in and of itself is a lie. Romance is the fluff that creates a 50% divorce rate in the US with unrealistic expectations. Besided, if you are here, you are welcome, therefore you are not truely alone regardless of distance or timezone.

Since I reside in a high-profile position in the NT corporate world, I have made it a point to learn to read micro-expressions, memorize non-verbal patterns, and focus on people as one of my areas of interest. As an Aspie, to be brutally honest, I wanted relationships but more as a means to an end. Friends are "nice" but what I really am interested in is "x" (fill in blank...for me for many years it was quantitative analysis and particle physics). I wanted to be understood but more for fear of isolation and desire to do what I wanted rather than to have actual relationships. When I realized that NTs follow patterns (like programs with feedback loops) and that they sensed that I really didn't care about them as people rather than just getting to "my" point, I could see it turned them off or they put me in a box.

NTs too have fear of isolation because they believe that it removes meaning from thier lives. They want others to find them meaningful which is why they engage in this elaborate dance to ensure they are not alone in life. At that point I knew that by making people as one of my areas of interest they sensed that they were important to me. It opened up doors for me to share my AS with them and they were willing to accomodate, but it went both ways. I saw their brokenness, the divorces, the fear and sense of failure they carry every day as a burden. And though they know I cannot experience empathy, humor, emotional love, and all the things the Lord chose not to permit me, instead they saw that they mattered to me. I am interested in them in a sincere way, and that is enough for us to build on. So no. I do not feel isolated since I am my brother's keeper. Being Aspie doesn't exempt us or remove that possiblity from us. It just means that we are gifted in other ways and have to work on the relationship aspect.

USMCnBNSFdude
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 1:57 pm

I'm a likely-to-be-excommunicated Catholic aspie.

NobodysHome
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Oct 2011, 2:29 am

I am not "Christian." I am Hebrew. I practice Judaism, but I believe Yeshua (Jesus) is the Messiah
and only-begotten Son of God. This faith is often called Messianic Judaism or Netzari Judaism.
Most Hebrews/Jews would not consider me Hebrew because of this, because they do not see
Yeshua as the prophesied Messiah.

Metanoia
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Oct 2011, 8:04 am

Good morning Nobody's Home. Technically you are accurate. You are part of the tree and we gentile believers are grafted on branches.

I am ok with being a branch because if I am connected to Jesus then I am alive. Besides I can also see the centuries of connotations (some negative) that identifying yourself as Christian would be. Again, I can own up to that too as my ancestors may or may not have been involved, but the sins of the father translate. There is nothing I can do about that.

What I can say is this: for those who are Jewish who don't believe in Yeshua, I can certainly say that Yeshua knows them. Not all who say they are "Christian" really are, and not all who say they are definitely "not" Christian, aren't. If we truly believe that no-one can be saved by any name under heaven, but also state that the pagans or gentiles can see God in his handiwork, (creation), I think we need to follow the logical step to say that a tree bears fruit then it may need to be considered as such.

The kindness of one of my closest friends (who passed away and was Jewish) in his love for God and care/love for others far superseded mine should be considered closer to Christ then all of my dogma and labels. It would be hubris for me to assume that his generosity and sincerity were purely driven by a desire to "work" his way into heaven as well as to say that his rejection of the name of Christ was truly a rejection of the real Christ. It could possibly have been only that of the connotations and history of what we have done in Christ's name. In short, did he reject the reality or the packaging? Was he the son who said "I will never do it" but then thought better of it and went into the field? Who can say?
My two cents.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2011, 5:13 pm

I'm a Mormon, so I'm Christian.

globalwolf2010
Raven
Raven

13 Oct 2011, 5:25 pm

I was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome before becoming what most people would really consider a very knowledgeable or devout Christian, so having Asperger's has always just been something I've lived with. It hasn't impacted my view of God in any way.

At any rate, I do sometimes feel more than a little alone in being a Christian with Asperger's syndrome. Out of the few people who I know with Asperger's, I am the only one who I know for certain is a Christian (one other might be, and two I know for certain aren't). Part of me wonders if the reason for this might be the fact that, because many people are "Christian" for solely social reasons, people with Asperger's don't have that reason to try to hold religious beliefs that they don't really have. It sort of makes sense.

Hope8
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Oct 2011, 10:46 am

Just stopped by to say hi =)

mntn13
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 8:40 pm

just wondering if any Friends here?

Metanoia
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Oct 2011, 12:02 am

I have a friend who is a "Friend" (i.e. Quaker) but she is an NT so I doubt that she even knows this forum's existance. Sorry.

ETHAN1994
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Oct 2011, 9:17 am

I'm a Christian Aspie! :)
I'm a Lutheran Christian. 8)

Tamagotchi
Kingdom Hearts
Politics of Norway
NCIS
Eurovision Song Contest
Disney

? Jesus Rules! ?

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 10:14 am

Aspie For Christ here.

But remember, there is neither Autist not Entie, High functioning or Low functioning, for all are one in Christ Jesus...

:p

Douglas_MacNeill
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 12:57 pm

jc6chan wrote:
sabby wrote:
And I'm a Christian, but not a "born-again Christian". Where I have heard that term is in church, and it's nondenominational. To me, a "born-again Christian is a Christian who has been baptized. So I think that phrase can be translated in many different ways, and that the translation varies on location. Make sense?

Baptism is a symbol of what has taken place spiritually. Born again means that you are now living a new life in Christ.

For what it's worth:

I'm definitely Aspie (diagnosed by a psychiatrist) and a mainline Christian (Anglican Church of Canada).

As far as I'm concerned, John 3:5 states clearly that being born again means being born of water and the Spirit.
In other words, being born again refers to nothing more, nothing less, and nothing other than the sacrament of
new birth.

Yes, I do mean baptism. Yes also, I do judge conservative evangelical Christians [whom I also call
capital-F Fundamentalists] to be unBiblical when they use being "born again" to refer to conversion as an adult.
When capital-F Fundamentalists ask you to "invite Jesus to be Lord of your life", I reply "As if He isn't Lord of All already?"
Rather, it is for me to honour my baptismal promises by repenting and returning to the Lord whenever I fall into sin.

And yes, I find that Fundamentalists have been bullies against their mainline siblings long enough; it's time they faced
someone who can fight back.

theimperiousdork
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 1:05 pm

I'm an HFA, and a proud Born-again Christian. Was born and raised Catholic, and became an atheist for about three years. I found God again, and was saved. :)

rainbow_warrior
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Nov 2011, 6:08 pm

I'm an aspie and a born again christian!! ! its good to know there are more out there :)