How were you born?
Caesarean 37%  37%  [ 39 ]
Normal Delivery 63%  63%  [ 66 ]
Total votes : 105

peaceloveerin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Aug 2011, 12:36 am

My sister and I were both born through c-sections, I have AS but she's an NT!

I really don't think there is a link between autism/AS and being born through c-sections. I'm sure there are many NT's who are born through c-sections and Aspies who are born normally.

Truthfully, I find many of these random links to autism/AS to be complete BS since there is no proof whatsoever!

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2011, 12:42 am

I was born normally, but my parents had issues with my mom getting pregnant. She had endometriosis and needed surgery before she was able to get pregnant.

My younger, very NT, sister, was also born normally.

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2011, 2:54 am

I was born completely naturally (no drugs either!) My Mom said it was a very easy delivery. She didn't even know she was in labour because it was virtually painless. It was almost too late for her to make it to the hospital. She did though, and I was born about a 1/2 hour later.

EQ=8 SQ=93 (Extreme Systemizer)
Alexithymia Quiz=164/185 (high)

whiterat
Toucan
Toucan

14 Aug 2011, 3:12 am

Normal... though I was born about 2 weeks early.

paperoceans
Raven
Raven

14 Aug 2011, 4:05 am

Normal birth, but I was born with hip dysplasia--so I had to wear braces during most of my infancy.

ScientistOfSound
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2011, 4:44 am

Caesarean with complications. D: I very nearly died, if it weren't for the fact I miraculously woke up I wouldn't be typing this right now.

MudandStars
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2011, 7:06 am

I was born "normal"... although I was late, small, the result of a rather fast labour (resulting in my mother missing out on anaesthetic). Also my mother didn't know she was even pregnant with me until the end of her second trimester (so they only knew I was late when I actually came out with flakey skin apparantly).... So a little abnormal really, just not C/Section.

?Two men looked through prison bars; one saw mud and the other stars.? Frederick Langbridge

nikki15
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Aug 2011, 3:35 pm

I was a Caesarean baby. I was born about 2 weeks late. My mom and I stayed in the hospital until I was 3 weeks old.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2011, 2:05 am

Normal birth for me (it was fast and easy). My sons were born naturally, too, attended by midwives, no drugs used. Actually I think there's only one c-section birth in my (and DH's) entire extended family of over 100 people. Aunts, grandmas, sisters, cousins, some of them had 4 to 6 children all naturally. I can't believe the stats on c-sections as we hardly know any. We have plenty of autistic people, though.

David1981
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Aug 2011, 4:49 am

Tuttle wrote:
I was born normally, but my parents had issues with my mom getting pregnant. She had endometriosis and needed surgery before she was able to get pregnant.

My younger, very NT, sister, was also born normally.

My mother had much of the same problem, Tuttle. She had problems with her "plumbing" (as she puts it) throughout her life and had a miscarriage and a subsequent partial hysterectomy before my conception. Following the partial hysterectomy which removed one ovary completely and the other one partially, the gynaecologist gave her the odds of 1 in ~3,000,000 of conceiving.

When she did become pregnant a year or two later, the attending physician doing the ultrasound thought that the fetus (me) was actually a large tumour and only realised that I was actually a fetus a few minutes later.

Following my birth, continued health problems necessitated a complete hysterectomy on my mother's part.

If I may ask, were your mother and/or father a bit older than the general "norm"? At the time of my birth, my mother was 37 years of age whereas my father was 56 years of age.