I Gave A Girl The “Syndrome"

Page 4 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

MrDiamondMind
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Location: Encapsulated within a skull; covered in sheets of skin

07 Jun 2010, 5:59 am

Cad wrote:
I agree Hale_Bopp... i had an NT screw me around like you're screwing this girl around.

I wasn't screwing around with her; I didn't know what to do. How is that me screwing with her?
Cad wrote:
If this happened in 2008, why are you bringing it up now? (sorry if I missed something in the post)

Since I found out about this Cassandra effect in NT/AS relationships recently, I recognized the symptoms in this girl. And I just wanted to put it out there that this effect arose in her, due to my ASness (and her NTness), without us ever even being in a relationship.

MrDiamondMind
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Location: Encapsulated within a skull; covered in sheets of skin

07 Jun 2010, 6:07 am

hale_bopp wrote:
MrDiamondMind wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Are you sure it wasn't a dillusion?

I'm not calling you crazy, we all have them (think someone's in love with us when in reality they aren't)

There were all the usual flirting gestures like hair flicking, smiling, laughing, wrist flashing, etc. And at one point there was even a slight "aww", as in cute. If you couple flirting gestures with a cute gesture, is that not strong evidence for romantic affection?

Are you aware that some girls do that all the time and to everyone of the opposite sex? I know of a lot, its a common trait of NT girls, and its air headed if you ask me. I used to delude myself into thinking guys were "checking me out" when they wern't.

Okay, but now combine that with frustration and Cassandra symptoms. So now we've got: flirting gestures, cute gestures, frustration, and Cassandra symptoms. This is too heavy not to be some sort of fondness.

Cad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Jun 2010, 6:10 am

MrDiamondMind wrote:
Cad wrote:
I agree Hale_Bopp... i had an NT screw me around like you're screwing this girl around.

I wasn't screwing around with her; I didn't know what to do. How is that me screwing with her?
Cad wrote:
If this happened in 2008, why are you bringing it up now? (sorry if I missed something in the post)

Since I found out about this Cassandra effect in NT/AS relationships recently, I recognized the symptoms in this girl. And I just wanted to put it out there that this effect arose in her, due to my ASness (and her NTness), without us ever even being in a relationship.

I think from her point of view she could think you're screwing her around? at least that's what I thought about the NT, maybe he had legitimate reasons for acting the way he did. You could've at least told her what was going on, to some extent. that's all I'm saying.

Point taken on the second quote.