Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Morgana
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2010, 3:34 pm

Lilactiger wrote:
As a child I wondered why adults tortured all the children at recess by making them stay outside in the winter time

Yes, me too! I remember, in the winter, just standing behind a wall during recess, to block out the wind and cold.....shivering.....while the other kids were playing.

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2010, 3:47 pm

This is the first time I seen this mentioned whereabouts, I'm sensitive temperature in that I can start to sweat before other people since I feel the heat more readily.I tend to shiver way more quickly even if it's not that cold, let's say 50 degrees outside perhaps..

Cicely
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2010, 4:07 pm

I'm very sensitive to heat and sunlight - weather that most people enjoy is painful to me. I think this has gotten easier for me to deal with over time, but I still prefer cold weather. Cold doesn't bother me at all. Humidity is what really bothers me, whether it's hot or cold out. It feels like a constant pressure, and it seems to stick to my skin and hair. I can smell it, too, even after I come inside. Apparently it is not normal to think humidity has a smell.

Morgana
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2010, 4:50 pm

Cicely wrote:
Apparently it is not normal to think humidity has a smell.

I think it does have a smell, I can smell it too.

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2010, 6:10 pm

It does! And hot water smells other than cold water. I prefer cold.

I am sensitive to temperature. The hotter it is, the worse I feel. Humidity makes my suffering stronger.
I prefer moderate temperature with a little wind.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2010, 6:19 pm

Morgana wrote:
Lilactiger wrote:
As a child I wondered why adults tortured all the children at recess by making them stay outside in the winter time

Yes, me too! I remember, in the winter, just standing behind a wall during recess, to block out the wind and cold.....shivering.....while the other kids were playing.

I'm also the same when it comes to winter, I would be shivering and yet I literally hate the cold feeling coming through my ears.
I actually prefer the summer days, but in the night, it would only seem to cause me more problems. :(

I guess I'm sensitive to both seasons. :lol:

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2010, 8:09 pm

At the moment I'm trying to keep cool but, everytime I step outside for 30mins or less in the extreme heat I start to feel winded..

rx7chick
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Jul 2010, 3:05 pm

I am so relieved to find out about the heat sensitivity. I have been like this all my life. I am now 63. I grew up in Houston and moved to Austin. I finally moved to Duluth, MN to escape the heat. When it gets above about 77 I am starting to suffer. If it is humid I start feeling like I am suffocating and I get anxiety and feel like I am trying not to whimper or cry or even scream when it gets really hot. Feel like I can't stand to move. My husband always thought I as a big drama queen because of my extreme heat intolerance. I love to be cold! I am in Romania now and we are having a heat wave and high humidity and I am having an extremely hard time.
When I start getting undressed at night to take my bath.. a cold bath to get my sanity back...as I am pulling off my clothes the feeling of the cloth coming unstuck to my skin from the heat is so hideous I can barely endure it. I can only endure to wear cotton when the weather is hot. Sometimes it makes me cry it feels so horrible...like I have honey all over me. The cold water is instant relief. And also, do any of you react extreme to mosquito bites? I HATE the summer!

lovecholie
Raven
Raven

23 Jul 2010, 3:18 pm

Yes, I constantly switch from air conditioning to open windows in the car and at home. When I was younger, I'd keep my room super warm during the winter. My parents used to joke it was like a sauna.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 5:58 pm

i hate cold, my body cant cope

eagletalon86
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Jul 2010, 6:07 pm

I can be indoors, outdoors, anywhere and take a rough estimate of the temperature, no instruments provided. I've had many people get WTF looks on their faces when they find out it's off by only a few degrees.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 8:03 pm

I'm hyposensitive to cold. I can walk barefoot in snow. Last winter, I was with my friends on a 20-25 degree (Fahrenheit) afternoon, and all I had on was a thin long-sleeved thermal, jeans, and no shoes.
However, I dislike the heat.

PlatedDrake
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 9:09 pm

Yeah, the heat in NC lately has me choking on "burned" air (ozone), sweating profusely (I hate sweating). Hell, I couldn't sleep last night due to a sudden change in atmosphere (was hell).

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 11:42 pm

I am VERY sensitive to the cold

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2010, 4:26 am

I am EXTREMELY sensitive to heat. I find myself literally panting like a dog if I have to be out in it. It makes me feel like I cannot breathe.

When I lived with my parents I would close all the heat vents in the house cuz I couldn't stand it. Used to drive my dad nuts.

I'm not big on cold either, but I can take it much better. I do find myself constantly turning my aircon up and down though, like I can really feel the difference between just 1 or 2 degrees.

Craig28
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2010, 8:32 am

Some days every Summer for me are just too hot. I am easily agressive if people start on me, and my family still hasn't learned to keep their mouths shut against me during this time.