Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2010, 4:56 pm

I always look forward to the fall, after the third week, of summer heat.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2010, 5:02 pm

High tempretures over 70 degrees and high humidity make me nauseas. High altitudes do me in too.

Xeno
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2010, 5:15 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I always look forward to the fall, after the third week, of summer heat.

Yes, I love autumn.

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2010, 7:17 pm

To heat, yes. If I am out in out for too long I get physically ill. I cannot have a dry heater running in my house. I only use electric blankets and a radiator.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2010, 7:41 pm

Anything over 120 degrees ruins my day and makes me cross.

ruveyn

dyingofpoetry
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2010, 8:57 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Anything over 120 degrees ruins my day and makes me cross.

ruveyn

And 180 degrees leaves me feeling flat.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2010, 9:07 pm

I'm odd about temperature, some times of the year I feel comfy in the mid to low 70s and other times I can endure 77-79 (indoors mind you). Outdoors I don't really mind anything that isn't so cold it hurts my throat (don't recall numbers) and I can endure 100F+. I do still overheat really easily. I once went from fine to overheated in literally like 15 seconds in 90F weather lifting a 120+lb electric motor from the ground into my trunk. I also most of the time refuse to wear a shirt when I ride a bike because I can end up puking from the heat if I don't take my shirt off.

Stereokid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Jun 2010, 12:58 pm

persian85033 wrote:
Okay, although my parents and I get along much better, now our biggest argument is about the ac, especially at night. Now, I absolutely HATE the heat. I am so sensitive to it, which is why I like to have the ac at no higher than 75 degrees, yet my parents like it at 80 something. My father because the ac uses up electricity which will be charged on the electricity bill, and he hates spending money. Once he actually wanted to have some of the utilities removed. 8O Water and gas, I think. He's refused to replace a tv which was stolen during a break in. My mom FINALLY replaced it and gave me my tv back, but we have to tell him it was a father's day gift, so he doesn't know she spent the money(he's out of town right now).

And my mom, well, I think she must have some reptilian or avian dna or something. She's always complaining that it's freezing. :? I'm like, 'Mom, it's 105 degrees, and that's pretty cool, considering how it's going to get in a few days!'.

At the 80 degrees I hate it because I sweat during the night, even without a blanket. When it's cold, I can cuddle under the blanket. I especially love it when it's cold enough to use a heavy blanket.

Are you more sensitive to the heat or cold than most other people?

do you guys have ceiling fans to circulate the AC air?

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Jun 2010, 1:38 pm

Stereokid wrote:

I have one in every room. They really help!

pency
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Jun 2010, 1:52 pm

Wow, heat is common.
Me too.
It is actually one of my main irritants.
I mentioned it in my very 1st post here.
Heat and BRIGHT SUN are very hard on me.

I have been to Southern California and the South Eastern U.S. and do not do well AT ALL.
I get very aggravated, agitated and extremely stressed out.

The bright sunlight is an assault.
I live in Coastal New England which is pretty pleasant.
There is a lot of breeze, circulation, mild & overcast days and Summers aren't bad compared to other parts of the country.
The main thing is the LIGHT is not as bright here we are so far North.

I am supposed to be visiting my brother w my parents for their 50th anniversary in a few months and I told them I am not going.
I just can't handle the sun.

jeweetwelwie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jun 2010, 6:41 pm

I'm very sensitive to cold, but when there's no wind I also find my head aching at times, causing me to feel like I faint. O, and I don't burn my hands on an overheated laptop keyboard (it elaves markings though).

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

19 Jun 2010, 8:02 pm

I'm very sensitive to temperature. I also have a form of skin eczema & the heat & humidly messes with my skin. It's extremely hot & humid here & my parents complain whenever I turn the ac lower than 78. I have the fan on in my room & I am sweating & my parents find the temp comfortable :x My chinchilla doesn't like this either

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2010, 8:20 pm

MrXxx wrote:
Extreme heat, yes, and bright sun.

Also cold, but only if the air is moving. I hate fans. Can't stand the noise, or the feeling of constant air blowing me. I prefer the fans that have "gust" settings, but still hate the noise.

I want to live in a place that stays around 60-65 degrees (F) all the time. A bit warmer if it's breezy.

I love the cold. I do most of my exercise walking in the fall and winter. I love walking in white out conditions durring snowstorms because the sidewalks and streets are empty. Its almost like everyone has vanished from the face of the earth. Its a paradise for me.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2010, 1:05 pm

Stereokid wrote:
persian85033 wrote:
Okay, although my parents and I get along much better, now our biggest argument is about the ac, especially at night. Now, I absolutely HATE the heat. I am so sensitive to it, which is why I like to have the ac at no higher than 75 degrees, yet my parents like it at 80 something. My father because the ac uses up electricity which will be charged on the electricity bill, and he hates spending money. Once he actually wanted to have some of the utilities removed. 8O Water and gas, I think. He's refused to replace a tv which was stolen during a break in. My mom FINALLY replaced it and gave me my tv back, but we have to tell him it was a father's day gift, so he doesn't know she spent the money(he's out of town right now).

And my mom, well, I think she must have some reptilian or avian dna or something. She's always complaining that it's freezing. :? I'm like, 'Mom, it's 105 degrees, and that's pretty cool, considering how it's going to get in a few days!'.

At the 80 degrees I hate it because I sweat during the night, even without a blanket. When it's cold, I can cuddle under the blanket. I especially love it when it's cold enough to use a heavy blanket.

Are you more sensitive to the heat or cold than most other people?

Yes, one in each room, except the bathrooms, and kitchen. Sometimes I get in trouble for that, too. I'm not supposed to leave the fans on. Hot air kind of suffocates me. It feels heavy.

I can't stand sunlight, either. My new room has a window facing west, and it can get pretty warm in the afternoon. The only thing I like about it is my cat loves to nap in my room more now, as the sunlight hits the bed in the afternoons. I usually 'borrow' my brothers in the afternoon, as he's not home.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2010, 2:09 pm

nick007 wrote:
I'm very sensitive to temperature. I also have a form of skin eczema & the heat & humidly messes with my skin. It's extremely hot & humid here & my parents complain whenever I turn the ac lower than 78. I have the fan on in my room & I am sweating & my parents find the temp comfortable :x My chinchilla doesn't like this either

That Louisiana weather is sooo hot and humid. Walking around New Orleans during the summer days is dreadful (weather wise). I'm in MS and it's awful here too. I understand that chinchillas need it very cool...I have a ferret and I'd like to take him outside on walks, but they don't handle heat well either.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

21 Jun 2010, 2:27 pm

astaut wrote:
nick007 wrote:

That Louisiana weather is sooo hot and humid. Walking around New Orleans during the summer days is dreadful (weather wise). I'm in MS and it's awful here too. I understand that chinchillas need it very cool...I have a ferret and I'd like to take him outside on walks, but they don't handle heat well either.

It's hot & humid here all summer & during the winter it alternates between being very cold & being hot or super rainy. About the only time the weather actually feels nice here is when a hurricane is coming :x
My chinchilla can handle the heat inside but that's cuz of the AC

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition