Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2010, 7:31 am

Are you/ were you ever part of a clique??

I guess you can say I hang out with the musically inclined clique. Everyone I sat with at lunch was in band, chorus, or guitar class.
I used to hang out with people who wouldn't let my other and nicer friends hang out with them, and there was this girl who didn't like me either, she was a real drama queen. So I just left them and found better people to hang with.
The better people to hang out with are the "musically inclined" group.

This goes to show, how different cliques can be.

saintetienne
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jul 2010, 7:46 am

what annoys me is when americans say 'clicks'

Maddino87
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jul 2010, 12:13 pm

In middle school I tried making friends with the nerd clique since they had some of the same interests I did. I was more of an outsider looking in, I remember a couple didn't want me around. I never really recognized many as friends at all, but if there were they were always rough and somewhat abusive. In fact oftentimes I was bullied since my grades weren't as high or I wasn't in certain school clubs they were in.
Luckily high school was a much safer environment and I found I fit perfectly in a small group who, even with different interests, orientations, grades and ages, shared what they liked and respected each other. And of course constantly calling me to come over made me feel more comfortable around people in general and no longer seeing myself as invisible.
Even if we all go to different schools now we still keep close contact with each other.

passionatebach
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jul 2010, 12:40 pm

This is a behavior that never changes as you get older. I have a number of acquaitances, and I always feel on the periphary of any group I belong to. I get along with the people in the group, but I do not feel like I am part of the inner circle or in the decision making process of the group. I have always found, especially if it is a religious organization, or a group that is centered around a cause (such as politics), it is best to partake in many different activities in that group. People will get to know you, and you will gain more acceptance.

When I was in high school, I was the manager of our basketball team. Even though I have little interest in sports, I was accepted more by this group, than other groups in the school that I had more in common with. It probably had to do with the commradere that comes along with participating in athletics. Many of the guys from the team are still my friends and acquaintances today.

Wuffles
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jul 2010, 1:01 pm

I've found myself in a few quite by accident but it never lasts long. I'm not motivated enough to engage in the prolonged socializing that they require. I find it difficult to have any interest at all in what other people think of me.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2010, 2:17 pm

Guitar_Girl wrote:
Are you/ were you ever part of a clique??

I guess you can say I hang out with the musically inclined clique. Everyone I sat with at lunch was in band, chorus, or guitar class.

Yeah, I was in the 'Social misfit record-collecting hi IQ stoner' clique. We sat around talking Rock trivia, physics, philosophy and religion while watching television and sneering at 'normal people'. But that was well after High School.

In school I sat alone in the back of the class. I didn't go to lunch, because of the sensory and social issues. I went outside and stimmed and smoked cigarettes until time to go back to class.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2010, 2:21 pm

Never was able to fit in-something just didn't clique with me. 8)

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2010, 2:36 pm

no

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2010, 3:48 pm

Not really. I just didn't care about them. I also didn't trust them not to bully me. My only friends were neighborhood kids who I'd have sleep-over parties with, play in the snow with etc..

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2010, 5:25 pm

I don't recall ever being a part of a clique.

There were heaps of different ones and none I fit in with. I just moped around whoever to pass the free time away. I didn't want to be there at all.

rmgh
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2010, 8:03 pm

I was in many and none at the same time. I was a floater. Drifting around groups and never having any real friends.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Jul 2010, 9:48 pm

I sort of had a "click" in high-school but it was made up of a few people who didn't fit in anywhere else. It was a Catholic school in south Louisiana. One person in my click was gay. another was a hardcore Libertarian, another was on quiz-bowl, one was short & kind of an a-hole. My best friend was in it & he had Leukemia as a kid & had very little hair on his head & was scrawny but smart & liked scifi. I liked StarTrek & had minor tremors & am very nearsighted even when I wear glasses

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAZhC16CbA8[/youtube]

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Last edited by nick007 on 08 Jul 2010, 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kwilky
Raven
Raven

08 Jul 2010, 9:52 pm

saintetienne wrote:

How else would it be pronounced? And why is this relevant to the topic?

Anyway.... No, but I wish I had been. My time in high school would have been much better that way if I was in the nerd clique.

rmgh
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2010, 9:22 am

kwilky wrote:
saintetienne wrote:

Anyway.... No, but I wish I had been. My time in high school would have been much better that way if I was in the nerd clique.

Perhaps like in French like it's meant to be pronounced.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Jul 2010, 8:07 pm

rmgh wrote:
kwilky wrote:
saintetienne wrote:

How do the french pronounce it :?: Post a clip of someone pronouncing it correctly Or have the Hooked On Monkey Phonics Monkey teach me(South Park refrence)

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

rmgh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 5:16 am

nick007 wrote:
rmgh wrote:
kwilky wrote:
saintetienne wrote:

How do the french pronounce it :?: Post a clip of someone pronouncing it correctly Or have the Hooked On Monkey Phonics Monkey teach me(South Park refrence)

Cleek.