Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 5:16 am

nick007 wrote:
rmgh wrote:
kwilky wrote:
saintetienne wrote:
what annoys me is when americans say 'clicks'

How else would it be pronounced? And why is this relevant to the topic?

Anyway.... No, but I wish I had been. My time in high school would have been much better that way if I was in the nerd clique.

Perhaps like in French like it's meant to be pronounced.

How do the french pronounce it :?: Post a clip of someone pronouncing it correctly Or have the Hooked On Monkey Phonics Monkey teach me(South Park refrence)

Cleek.

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 6:15 am

rmgh wrote:
nick007 wrote:
rmgh wrote:
kwilky wrote:
saintetienne wrote:

Anyway.... No, but I wish I had been. My time in high school would have been much better that way if I was in the nerd clique.

How do the french pronounce it :?: Post a clip of someone pronouncing it correctly Or have the Hooked On Monkey Phonics Monkey teach me(South Park refrence)

Cleek.

I have always pronounced it like "cleek". Now I'm confused.... lol

rmgh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 10:38 am

Guitar_Girl wrote:
rmgh wrote:
nick007 wrote:
rmgh wrote:
kwilky wrote:
saintetienne wrote:

Cleek.

Yeah, that's how to pronounce it because the letter I is pronounced ee. Obviously, there's some other differences to make it totally French, but the I is the important bit.

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 3:17 pm

Being brutally honest, I eternally damn hate cliques..Please forgive my hostility but, I've never c ared for such which way you look at it for, I was a total outsider growing up including going through High School and college therefore, I've come to understand it's simply best to be whom you are as a person and not let some group of people define that for you...

Sincerely Spoken,
ProfessorX

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 7:01 am

rmgh wrote:
Guitar_Girl wrote:
rmgh wrote:
nick007 wrote:
rmgh wrote:
kwilky wrote:
saintetienne wrote:

Cleek.

Yeah, that's how to pronounce it because the letter I is pronounced ee. Obviously, there's some other differences to make it totally French, but the I is the important bit.

Yes everyone I know pronounces it like "click", but I have always said cleek, so I didn't know who was wrong....
It's like the words technique and unique.

rmgh
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 8:28 am

Guitar_Girl wrote:
rmgh wrote:
Guitar_Girl wrote:
rmgh wrote:
nick007 wrote:
rmgh wrote:
kwilky wrote:
saintetienne wrote:

Cleek.

Yes everyone I know pronounces it like "click", but I have always said cleek, so I didn't know who was wrong....
It's like the words technique and unique.

Oui!

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2010, 6:59 am

ProfessorX wrote:
it's simply best to be whom you are as a person and not let some group of people define that for you...

Sincerely Spoken,
ProfessorX

I agree with that statement 100%

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2010, 1:07 pm

I was part of the outsiders group. But I wouldn't call it a clique as such, because we were all very varied and with cliques everyone seems really similar to each other.

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2010, 5:33 pm

When I was in school, I hung out with all of the people whom were rejected and ostracized though, such would not be deemed a click but, rather a means of fighting of the mentality of cliques..

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2010, 11:47 pm

I've always hated cliques with a passion. I thought that I wouldn't have to deal with them, after I've graduated from High School. Man, was I ever wrong. There's a clique at the clubhouse, that I go to, now. The high society snobs.

Slayer_1425
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jul 2010, 2:41 am

In High School, yep. The as*holes/troublemakers/guys who didn't take school seriously. About 7 of us. We pretty much just messed around and were always up to mischief all in the name of fun.

Wow, I miss those days.

It sucks now though because I went to study at uni in a course where I knew no one, and since I was so shy and nervous, I never made any proper friends. Now everyone else is in a clique, and I'm the outsider.

rmgh
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2010, 2:54 am

Slayer_1425 wrote:
In High School, yep. The as*holes/troublemakers/guys who didn't take school seriously. About 7 of us. We pretty much just messed around and were always up to mischief all in the name of fun.

Wow, I miss those days.

It sucks now though because I went to study at uni in a course where I knew no one, and since I was so shy and nervous, I never made any proper friends. Now everyone else is in a clique, and I'm the outsider.

Were the as*holes/troublemakers/guys proper friends?

Slayer_1425
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jul 2010, 3:02 am

rmgh wrote:
Slayer_1425 wrote:

Wow, I miss those days.

Were the as*holes/troublemakers/guys proper friends?

Pretty much. For most of high school, we were all close buddies.

kaitlyn_loves_music
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jul 2010, 9:29 pm

no well all through my soph-senior year i didnt have friends so i was a loner.
freshman year when i moved to wisconsin i hung out with these stoner kids and i'm not even a stoner i think they got the clue i was freaking out haha i'm such a goody-goody but my outer appearance wasnt i was goth so they thought i was cool i guess...i dont know
umm middle school this one girl called all of us in the group "normies" i guess it's normal kids ha......
now that i'm in youth group i hang out with these groups of girls and one guy i dont know what to classify them they are all younger than me i guess i will classify them as christians.
i'm not a fan of cliques either because i envy to become there group depends on what they are or how cool they are and i dont like stereotypes either.

GriffinGuitar12
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jul 2010, 12:33 am

My clique? "Nerd"! :D The ironic thing is that the only truly "nerdy" things about me are my extensive knowledge of music and my quirky sense of humor, but there were enough "nerds" with the latter factor that I guess I clicked with them. Still hang out with "nerds" to this very day, though the amount of people I hang out with seems to be expanding a bit with the inclusion of some "music freaks" (though none of them to the same level that I am, lol), and now that I'm out of high school (and have been for four years), a lot of non-Aspie "nerds" are joining the bandwagon as well. For a person whose stereotype implies "difficulty making friends", I sure have a lot of 'em and I'm thankful for it, it's fun!! :D