Why do guys hate fat chicks?

Page 4 of 29 [ 464 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 29  Next

Would you date someone fatter than you?
Yes 70%  70%  [ 123 ]
No 30%  30%  [ 53 ]
Total votes : 176

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 1:54 pm

Bugzee wrote:
Erisad wrote:
Bugzee wrote:
Because fat chicks are disgusting and unattractive.

How do I put this politely in a way that you can understand? Oh yes, screw you. Men like you aren't wanted here so get lost. :/

Sorry, but in a world where three quarters of the world is starving to death (Ive witnessed it first hand) obesity is just nonsensical and anybody complaining about their weight shouldn't be given the time of day. And I am overweight, too, but I don't complain about it. I know I got fat by eating crap, same as you.

I gained weight as a hormonal imbalance at the start of puberty, thank you very much. I do eat right but it doesn't make a difference for me. Guys have an easier time of losing weight than women do.

Also, why should I have to feel bad because third world countries can't get their act together?

Bugzee
Toucan
Toucan

12 Jul 2010, 1:55 pm

Erisad wrote:
Bugzee wrote:
Erisad wrote:
Bugzee wrote:

How do I put this politely in a way that you can understand? Oh yes, screw you. Men like you aren't wanted here so get lost. :/

Sorry, but in a world where three quarters of the world is starving to death (Ive witnessed it first hand) obesity is just nonsensical and anybody complaining about their weight shouldn't be given the time of day. And I am overweight, too, but I don't complain about it. I know I got fat by eating crap, same as you.

I gained weight as a hormonal imbalance at the start of puberty, thank you very much. I do eat right but it doesn't make a difference for me. Guys have an easier time of losing weight than women do.

Also, why should I have to feel bad because third world countries can't get their act together?

Why should I feel bad for a "hormonal" girl who can't watch what she's eating. Plus every fat person says that line of crap - it ain't true.

Quartz11
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 1:56 pm

Erisad wrote:
Quartz11 wrote:
It's much easier to find shallow. sh**, I was pretty shallow myself there for a while. Just chase around the prettiest girls, try to get seen. It didn't work. So now I rather be happy with someone I'm much more compatible with and can talk to with ease - rather than some hot chick who aggravates the hell out of me.

Society does have this obsession over being shallow and superficial though, which does nobody anything good.

I'm not looking to be a supermodel. I'd settle for being moderately attractive at this point just so I don't hate myself.

Entirely reasonable goal. Should get yourself to a point where you'd be happy.

I asked a friend of mine who is all into alternative therapy and eastern medicine, works in a clinic in Illinois. She had mentioned the thyroid issue as well, thinking it seems out of whack and causing the problems. You probably do need a better doctor, one better than a quack who just tells you to diet and hand over the co-pay.

EDIT: Missed the part where someone already suggested thyroid. My bad.

Last edited by Quartz11 on 12 Jul 2010, 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 1:59 pm

DemonAbyss10 wrote:
Erisad wrote:
DemonAbyss10 wrote:
Yeah, its basically the media that sways what the rest of our damn nation desires Erisad. Giving up though is the worst thing you can do for yourself if you genuinely desire a relationship. From what I read Ive gathered that it is more of a personality issue that is the root of the problem for you, the big ones being the self-esteem and trust issues. That and I somehow feel that you might have missed quite a few opportunities because of the trust issue especially.

And I have actually noticed (in my area anyways), the overweight people seem far more happier than the super-fit/thin people, even those around our age. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that they are comfortable with how they are.

As for losing weight and such, there is indeed a hormonal side when it comes to women. And id ignore that post by lord of monkeys or whatever. Not everyone can enjoy exercising. Just because your not enjoying it doesnt mean your not putting effort, so I view it that he is wrong in that opinion he stated. As for my advice for it. You have to set a routine and stick to it. Also minimizing stress will definately help with weight loss (less stress = less cortisol) . And this advice is coming from someone who used to be super thin, however the surgery I had totally f**** with my ability to exercise. Only have about half range of motion in my legs or else I tear open sutures and scarring along my coccyx (tailbone for those who dont know, and yes it tends to bleed like hell and is very painful when it happens.). So yeah, I know it sucks going from 170-180 to 210 because of surgery. Still trying to drop it though, by watching what I eat/drink as well as still trying to stay somewhat active.

I can help ya with diet stuff if you can list down what you drink (It is a lot more important than some people think), as well as what types of stuff you eat the most. Also got to realize that because of limited income in college, diet is usually the problem. Many people are known to gain at least 15 lbs in their first year of college.

And as an honest opinion, you do have a very pretty face. So don't say you are ugly as hell like you've been. Be happy when people acknowledge that you have at least one good feature. Realizing that should help ya with some of the self esteem issues.

and as another fact that should cheer ya up a bit. How you look also depends a lot on skeletal structure. You cant go solely by weight/BMI (I myself view BMI as a very poor indicator because of the fact it doesn't take skeletal structure, bone density, and muscle mass into consideration, it only goes by weight, height, gender, and age.) In fact the skeletal structure for most of those "super-thin" people you see is on the rare side. The average skeleton is a bit wider in all aspects (not necessarily counting the head.)

What opportunities do you think I may have missed? Now I'm confused. >.<

I drink homemade iced tea and water. I can't stand soda. I've only had one bottle of Smirnoff vodka but I really like it and I wish I had some right now. I love chicken, salmon (I don't eat it as often though), tilapia, couscous, strawberry and spinach salad,

I'm going into my senior year of college so I know about the freshman weight again. Sadly I've gone from 180 to 247 over these last three years and I long to be 180 again even though I thought I was fat then too.

What are your exercise habits anyways, and what kinds of exercise do you do? Yes, what you do when you exercise DOES in fact matter. As for dietary issues, I guess not, but I can say it could be hormonally influenced. In fact Thyroid issues have been known to cause problems with weight. In fact I have a cousin with Hypothyroidism which in fact influences her weight. Maybe you can also introduce some spicy foods in your diet, as they are known to help with weight loss as long as they are healthy meals with them.

As for what I mean by missed opportunities, think if it this way. Because of the fact you put up a wall over trust issues, you can potentially miss out on a guy who genuinely wants to give a relationship with ya a try.

I take a brisk walk around the neighborhood (lots of hills) every morning with my mother, which lasts about a half hour. I tried doing the kettle bell exercises but that Jillian Michaels workout is waay too hard. I almost broke my wrist in the process.

I think I would notice if a guy actually wanted to be with me. It just doesn't happen at college. If you're not drop-dead gorgeous there, no one wants you. :/

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 2:00 pm

billsmithglendale wrote:
Erisad wrote:
I'm going into my senior year of college so I know about the freshman weight again. Sadly I've gone from 180 to 247 over these last three years and I long to be 180 again even though I thought I was fat then too.

Ok -- that's a 33% increase in size in about 3 years, and 180 is already very high for a woman, unless you're pushing 6 feet tall.

I would really reconsider seeing a doctor, a better one, on the issue, or honestly re-evaluating your eating habits. That's an enormous amount of body weight to gain for someone who says they are active and watching their caloric intake.

If you don't get this taken care of now, you could be cutting your lifespan by as much as 50%. Most of us already have health issues we have to watch out for without obesity -- obesity compounds the problem and will give you a lot more pain in your future, both emotional and physical, if you don't clamp down on it now.

At this point, I don't care if I do die so I guess I'm on the right track. :/

takemitsu
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 2:00 pm

I have to work hard to keep my weight down, I even have a job that is physically demanding. If you can't commit yourself to something like this than you'll probably have to settle for something less than what you desire. It's hard to have it all.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 2:01 pm

Bugzee wrote:
Erisad wrote:
Bugzee wrote:
Erisad wrote:
Bugzee wrote:

Why should I feel bad for a "hormonal" girl who can't watch what she's eating. Plus every fat person says that line of crap - it ain't true.

And every shallow man says this crap. Get lost. I'm not in the mood to deal with your crap.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 2:02 pm

takemitsu wrote:
I have to work hard to keep my weight down, I even have a job that is physically demanding. If you can't commit yourself to something like this than you'll probably have to settle for something less than what you desire. It's hard to have it all.

I don't have a job right now. Also, I'm not very flexible so I can't do a lot of the labor-intensive workouts.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 2:08 pm

Erisad wrote:

That's a large amount in a short amount of time. Are you taking any medications? There are several medications that have weight gain as a possible side effect. Weight gain is a common side effect with SSRI's and practically guarenteed with Risperidal. If yo are taking any medications at all, investigate.

Another surprising thing that can cause weight gain is not getting enough sleep. If your study habits include studying late into the night and/or lots of coffee, lack of sleep could be the culprit. It has something to do with hormonal re-balancing that happens during deep sleep but not at other times. If your hormones are out of whack to begin with, you might be extra-susceptible.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 2:12 pm

Janissy wrote:
Erisad wrote:

That's a large amount in a short amount of time. Are you taking any medications? There are several medications that have weight gain as a possible side effect. Weight gain is a common side effect with SSRI's and practically guarenteed with Risperidal. If yo are taking any medications at all, investigate.

Another surprising thing that can cause weight gain is not getting enough sleep. If your study habits include studying late into the night and/or lots of coffee, lack of sleep could be the culprit. It has something to do with hormonal re-balancing that happens during deep sleep but not at other times. If your hormones are out of whack to begin with, you might be extra-susceptible.

I'm on Adderall for ADHD and Celexa for depression. School stresses me out so much that I need both or I'll fail everything.

I have been sleeping for 7-8 hours every night, although the quality isn't very good considering that I'm being interrupted by drunks and fire alarms on most nights.

Bugzee
Toucan
Toucan

12 Jul 2010, 2:13 pm

Erisad wrote:
Bugzee wrote:
Erisad wrote:
Bugzee wrote:
Erisad wrote:
Bugzee wrote:

And every shallow man says this crap. Get lost. I'm not in the mood to deal with your crap.

And its a man;s opinion that counts. Lose wegiht or do't get a boyfriend - that simple. Just ask ToadofSteel about his "luck" with women, and a lot of that has to do with his weight.

deadeyexx
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 2:15 pm

I've dated women fatter than me. I like someone I can hold onto without feeling like they'll break, lol. It's also nice to eat with someone who can keep up with you.

However, I'm quite unattracted to bad health. If you're a thick softball-player type who likes to be active, cool; let's get together. But if you sit around all the time and get winded walking up a flight of stairs, forget it.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 2:15 pm

Bugzee wrote:
Erisad wrote:
Bugzee wrote:
Erisad wrote:
Bugzee wrote:
Erisad wrote:
Bugzee wrote:

And its a man;s opinion that counts. Lose wegiht or do't get a boyfriend - that simple. Just ask ToadofSteel about his "luck" with women, and a lot of that has to do with his weight.

What part of "go away" don't you understand? I don't need any more abuse right now.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 2:20 pm

LordoftheMonkeys wrote:
I would date someone who is fatter than I am, but only because I'm almost a skeleton so any girl who isn't anorexic is probably fatter than me. Someone who weighs 250 lbs? Hell, no. I don't see what's with all these fat people complaining that they can't get a date. All you gotta do is change your diet and exercise more. It's not like you were born with cleft lip or something.

I have a feeling a lot of fat people don't enjoy exercising. They feel like they're exercising a lot because they go to the gym maybe twice a week. The problem is they exercise to lose weight, not for pleasure. You have to enjoy it, otherwise you won't have the motivation to do it. I take walks every day, run through the woods, and run up and down steep hills, because it feels good. I don't just make a half-@$$ed attempt at it like most half-hearted dieters probably do.

This is harsh, but its not wrong. I personally started working out to lose weight, but fell in love quickly with the endorphin buzz and the transformation in physical appearance and the wonders it does for self esteem and confidence. My day is not complete without a good workout and missing it makes me agitated and restless.

I work very hard to stay in shape, why would I want to date someone who doesn't respect themselves or me enough to do the same? I know weight control is hard, thats why I fight it every day. Sorry you haven't gotten the pity party you were hoping for, but this something you can fix and control on your own. You don't need liposuction, you need determination. Quit wasting time feeling sorry for yourself and start solving the problem.

polarity
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 2:20 pm

Erisad wrote:
Bugzee wrote:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt131236.html

Not only shallow, but evidently a total hypocrite too.

Daemonic-Jackal
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 2:26 pm

Erisad wrote:

Guys have an easier time of losing weight than women do.

Wrong. Depends on the individual in question, their genetic make-up, diet and exercise regime etc. Their gender is completely irrelevant.

No offense but you are now coming across as attention seeking and taking the p*ss. Your just making excuses for all the advice you have been given here.

Nobody here can help you, simply because you are not prepared to help yourself.

http://www.facebook.com/YentonianCarlos