Do you play the opposite gender on Wow??

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mouldy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Jul 2010, 10:52 am

I was just wondering how many of you guys play as a girl/guy on wow and do you feel weird when you do or not really :D

My favorite letter is the squiggly! ~ :D

Leekduck
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2010, 10:55 am

8O

Mouldy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Jul 2010, 10:56 am

Dont look at me like that now i feel weird 8O

Leekduck
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2010, 11:02 am

8O

Mouldy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Jul 2010, 11:03 am

:cry:

Leekduck
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2010, 11:05 am

Lolpwnt,

No i dont even play world of warcraft but on runescape i knew a man pretending to be a girl

Ravenitrius
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2010, 11:26 am

Yes I do. It's probably due to the reason I have created characters based upon the characters in writing. This includes names. Why would it feel weird? Are you unsecure?

Last edited by Ravenitrius on 15 Jul 2010, 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2010, 11:27 am

About half of my toons in WoW are female. As another gamer once put it, "If I'm going to spend hours looking at my character's backside, I at least want it to be a pleasant view." :)

PlatedDrake
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2010, 11:30 am

DeaconBlues wrote:
About half of my toons in WoW are female. As another gamer once put it, "If I'm going to spend hours looking at my character's backside, I at least want it to be a pleasant view." :)

That's what my brother says. I've only played a few femme toons, but I've always found them too distracting . . . i know they're not real, but hormones are still a PITA. It's just easier for me to play as male toons . . . easier to imagine I guess :shrug: .

Celoneth
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2010, 1:10 pm

I don't play WoW but I play a mix of male/female chars on other MMOs
Female chars tend to have better armour and look better, and I do feel a bit weird playing as a guy. Though I've seen a lot of female chars obviously played by guys.

KaiG
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2010, 1:16 pm

I'm a guy, but I play both male and female characters in any game that allows one to customise one's own avatars (Western RPGs, The Sims, etc).

In WoW I had many characters of both sexes, but my favourite two were probably my male undead shadow priest and my female draenei hunter. I liked my priest because he looked evil and badass, whereas I loved my hunter because I found her sexy and spunky. Ignoring the hooves, horns and tail, draenei females had the best body shape.

In other RPGs like Mass Effects 1&2, Fallouts 1-3, Morrowind, Oblivion, Dragon Age: Origins, Vampire: The Masquerade and Jade Empire, I tend to make both men and women. I think the only classic RPG series I've played in which I haven't made a female character is the Baldur's Gate series. I stuck with my male mage throughout that entire saga, and I didn't have the strength to play through it all again. Someday.

When building and roleplaying characters, with men I tend to make them similar to myself, but an idealised version. With women, I tend to make them into someone I'd be attracted to, both looks and personality-wise. I took that to its logical extreme in The Sims 3, where I literally recreated myself and my ideal hypothetical girlfriend, then got them married and played through three generations of their progeny.

By the way, is DeaconBlues a Steely Dan reference?

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2010, 1:44 pm

Celoneth wrote:
Female chars tend to have better armour.

I totally disagree. Female characters in film and videogames tend to wear chainmail bikinis. It looks stupid and it is not-so-subtly sexist. Real armour looks more or less the same on the outside, whoever it is fitted for. No bulging boobs and definitely no shocking gaps in coverage. :wink:

I go half and half. When I have the opportunity (thank you, Saint's Row 2! :lol: ) I deliberately go for hics mulier and haecs vir. :)

The year is still young.

Mouldy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Jul 2010, 1:47 pm

Thanks for replys :P Ive only played a couple of female characters i dunno i might make another and no im not insecure :lol:

Tomasu
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2010, 3:18 pm

^^Greetings everyone. I believe I enjoy playing as happy male characters within role-playing. I enjoy considering my little character as myself within the game, and thus only choose male characters (although I often enjoy selecting differing races, as my main character within World of Warcraft, although I have cancelled my poor subscription for the moment).

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2010, 4:00 pm

Ambivalence wrote:
Celoneth wrote:
Female chars tend to have better armour.

I totally disagree. Female characters in film and videogames tend to wear chainmail bikinis. It looks stupid and it is not-so-subtly sexist. Real armour looks more or less the same on the outside, whoever it is fitted for. No bulging boobs and definitely no shocking gaps in coverage. :wink:

I go half and half. When I have the opportunity (thank you, Saint's Row 2! :lol: ) I deliberately go for hics mulier and haecs vir. :)

For some of us, "chainmail bikinis" on females are better than normal, effective armor. ;)

And yes, I do play females characters in WoW, for no particular reason. Right now the only female character I play is a Blood Elf Paladin, mostly because I can't stand male Blood Elves.

sillycat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Jul 2010, 6:08 pm

I'm a dude, and I made a little gnome chick. There's nothing sillier than a pink bubble gummed kid that goes psychotic with an axe (kitchen knife). ha ha ha.Then you emote with /lol or laugh. She giggles. awwwwwwwwwwe.