Page 3 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

TheBicyclingGuitarist
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2010, 5:47 pm

As some others have commented, the night is more peaceful and quiet than daylight hours. When I was a young boy I would stay up late reading books (sometimes having several books going at once), then would fall asleep during class at school. I have always had sensory overload issues, and the night is not nearly as stressful in that regard as daylight.

Warm summer nights are great for bicycle guitaring. Moonlight helps to show potholes and other obstacles. The best part is that there is less traffic. What traffic there is though can cause pain with their bright headlights. That is why I would ride residential streets mostly in the wee hours. I also spent many early morning hours riding around the duck ponds in a city park near the neighborhood where I grew up and spent my first thirty-five years of life.

I do enjoy daylight too, but not if it's very hot outside. Dawn is probably my favorite time of daylight. Dusk can be nice too but only if I am in nature away from cities because otherwise dusk is a very busy time of day.

samsa
Toucan
Toucan

30 Nov 2010, 7:59 pm

I prefer the nighttime for the reasons that others have mentioned. There are less people around, which makes it easier for me to relax.

I also work better late at nights, for the same reason.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2010, 8:00 pm

Dnex wrote:
I never cared for it, especially in the Summertime when it is hot as Hades outside.

That is true. But there is more light to work and play by.

ruveyn

Shadi2
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2010, 8:12 pm

Wuffles wrote:
Nights are quieter, fewer people, far less sensory overload. Are they more aspie friendly?

I have always preferred the night, for the same reasons as Wuffles (and others mentioned similar reasons), it is so much more peaceful at night, and no phone calls either (at least usually).

I agree with CockneyRebel about feeling safer walking around during the day tho, I mean especially outside.

Joe90 wrote:
Am I the only Aspie here who loves daylight, and the summertime?

I think the most depressing thought is laying there in the living-room on a lovely sunny day, with the curtains shut, watching telly all day.
Sunshine chases away my depression.

I do like nice summer days too (I usually don't stand directly in the sun tho), but closing the curtains when it is sunny is not the same as living at night, not to me at least. The night is not depressing, its just "comfortable" to me, everyone else sleeping, less noises, no phone calls, nothing to interrupt whatever I'm doing, etc , while I can also enjoy a nice sunny day, in fact when it is cloudy and/or raining many days in a row I find it depressing.

Last edited by Shadi2 on 01 Dec 2010, 12:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

meaningless
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Nov 2010, 10:31 pm

I'm very sensitive to sunlight, I always have my curtains closed. I definitely prefer nighttime to day. For some reason I just feel almost physically uncomfortable when the sun is out, and get stressed out a lot easier, but when it gets dark I somehow feel relaxed.

Legacy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Nov 2010, 10:48 pm

I've always preferred nights over days. Always worked at night as well could never handle working during daylight hours just way too many people out and about.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2010, 11:00 pm

I tend to "wake up" once it gets dark and am tired and grumpy through the daylight hours, and can't get much accomplished.

I've no idea if this is because in the nighttime it's quiet and I'm alone, or if it's just something about the nighttime.

ScottyN
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Dec 2010, 3:44 am

Yes I do hate the daylight. Mostly because I have extreme sensitivity to sunlight.

Morgana
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 4:24 pm

buryuntime wrote:
I tend to "wake up" once it gets dark and am tired and grumpy through the daylight hours

Me too. I have heard that some people are naturally "night people", and that it seems to be biological. I guess we must be in the minority though, as our society seems to be geared towards day.

CaroleTucson
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 5:03 pm

I'm an early morning person. I am at my peak from about 4:00 am to noon.

And I love the heat. I go out into the desert near my home hiking and jogging in the middle of the day. People think I'm crazy.

mimsy123
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Dec 2010, 8:30 pm

There are things I like about both the day and the night but, like so many people posting in this thread, I HATE the heat. Living in Florida, that means I generally prefer night time. However, today was absolutely beautiful...it was about 65 degrees (F) with a bright, clear, blue sky.